17th VTV International Women’s Volleyball Cup (August 19-26, 2023)

• The VTV Cup is a one of a kind volleyball tournament, no other tournaments have

a “ Beauty Contest “ where aside from the team and individual awards like best OH, best setter etc, an award of Miss Volleyball or Miss VTV Cup is given to the most pleasant looking and cheerful player.

Volleytrails
    Dang Thi Kim Thanh was crowned Miss VTV Cup in 2018....

Volleytrails

Which players do you think should be short listed for this year’s Miss VTV ? and who is likely to win...you can suggest more than one player 🤔

• This is kinda funny lol

But If I were to nominate, I'll choose Maddie Madayag from the Philippines.

Ligang Pinoy: PVL: Maddie Madayag Profile, Statistics, Playing History

• But If I were to nominate, I'll choose Maddie Madayag from the Philippines

her or , I dunno , maybe:

• This is kinda funny lol

But If I were to nominate, I'll choose Maddie Madayag from the Philippines.

Ligang Pinoy: PVL: Maddie Madayag Profile, Statistics, Playing History

her or , I dunno , maybe:

Tran Thi My Hang, no.4 in the Vietnam 2 team is nice, but perhaps it is the Philippines’ turn to win this award. I wish Galanza is here, but there is still Caitlin Viray, Madayag and a few others who’re really good looking. There could a surprise too from Australia with their MB no.11 Cassandra Dodds...she’s always so cheerful :heart:

Webthethao.vn

My Hang, Madayag and Viray are all currently involved in a thrilling match between Vietnam2 and Chuco Mucho Live action here

• Vietnam 1: :wavy:

Vietnam 2: :hit:

Some notes:

VIE2 has much better passers and defenders (Libs, Anh, D Thuy, P Thuy, even MB Bich Thuy)

VIE2 players have a lot to prove that they deserve a spot in the NT (especially D Thuy, P Thuy, MB Le Thuy — all three were not selected for the upcoming Asian Championship)

• Vietnam 1: :wavy:

Vietnam 2: :hit:

I don't know what that means :what:

• I was looking forward to this match the whole day, but ended up missing the live action...I think there was a delay in the start, due to the previous 2 matches being longer than expected. Anyway, just watching the match now...it’s past midnight here. :lol:

The first thing I noticed wasn’t the volleyball but how popular the name “Thuy” is in Vietnam. Also about names I noticed they pronounced no.4 Tran Thi My Hang’s name as “Mee Hang”. I always thought it was like Mai as in “my cat “....I think she joined in set 5 Yesterday she also played against Choco Mucho. She’s quite a good player, and so pleasant looking :cheesy:

As for the match itself, V1 had too much fire power for V2 ... probably they can win even without 4T. They should meet again in the final, so we’ll be treated to a “return match”

:lol:

• Okay, sleuthed it

Now do we have a rematch of Viet 1&2 for the Final, and 3rd and 5th place matches?

• I don't know what that means :what:

Vietnam 1 starting this match thinking it’s be all fun and games but Vietnam 2 said “we’re not here to become miss congeniality” and got them good in the first set :lol:

jk but I can tell VN1 weren’t fully committed until they lost the first set. Meanwhile VN2 were very focused from the start.

• Vietnam 1 starting this match thinking it’s be all fun and games but Vietnam 2 said “we’re not here to become miss congeniality” and got them good in the first set :lol:

jk but I can tell VN1 weren’t fully committed until they lost the first set. Meanwhile VN2 were very focused from the start.

I was watching the highlight reel and I thought you were waving bye bye to V1 and slapping V2 for treating their elders with disrespect ... but it turned around :lol:

• The first thing I noticed wasn’t the volleyball but how popular the name “Thuy” is in Vietnam. Also about names I noticed they pronounced no.4 Tran Thi My Hang’s name as “Mee Hang”. I always thought it was like Mai as in “my cat “....I think she joined in set 5 Yesterday she also played against Choco Mucho. She’s quite a good player, and so pleasant looking :cheesy:

the thing is… the Thuys are all different words with different pronunciations and meanings.

Thúy:

Trần Thị Thanh Thúy (4T)

Lê Thanh Thúy (MB Vietnam 2)

Đinh Thị Thúy (OH Vietnam 2)

Thủy

Trần Thị Bích Thủy (MB Vietnam 2)

Thùy
    Nguyễn Huỳnh Phương Thùy (OH Vietnam 2)

Thụy
    Nguyễn Lý Thụy Vi (OH Vietnam 1)

the y standing by itself (not combined with another vowel) in vietnamese is always pronounce as ee as in “see” “fee” “cheese”

• I don't know if they updated their line-up yet for this competition. But this is the winning team last season:

I know Lee Sola and Kim Chaewon are no longer part of this list since they play in the pro league now...

Just wondering if could help...I’m trying to identify a few of the Suwon City players and also match them against your list of players (which I understand is not the official roster which is not available)

The regular players I have seen in action are:

No 2, Yeong Jae (Kim Yeong Jae or Lee Yeong Jae ?)

No 3 Hyo Rim - setter (I think she’s in your list)

No.6 Yuli (she’s not in your list?) she’s a MB

No.9 Yong In (I think she’s in your list)

No.16 Yuni (I think she’s in the list) she’s an OH)

No.17 Kim Doah (it says Doa behind her jersey) she’s an OH

- she’s a good player, good looking also, Miss VTV maybe .. lols

So, I’m trying to establish their full name, if they are different from the above. With that I can google more info for each player. It’s good to know more about the players after watching them play a few matches.

Edit:

I have sorted these out:

Lee Yeon-Jae

Kim Do-Ah

Choi Yuni

Yoon Young-In

Ha Hyo-Rim

So the only one that remains to be identified is no6 Yuli

• Hi, I think you are referring to her. She's the opposite according to Volleybox, a current transfer from Yangsan.

• Such a weird and lousy error from Choco Mucho to start the game. The rotation they submitted is apparently wrong. The Middle blockers and OHs are not diagonal to each other lol. So there were rotations that they are both infront, and there are rotations with no middle blocker infront :aww::aww::aww:

• Such a weird and lousy error from Choco Mucho to start the game. The rotation they submitted is apparently wrong. The Middle blockers and OHs are not diagonal to each other lol. So there were rotations that they are both infront, and there are rotations with no middle blocker infront :aww::aww::aww:

So that was set 1? ... they looked ok in set 2 :|