2023 Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship (30 August - 6 September, 2023)

• KAZ 3 - 0 KOR (26-24, 25-23, 25-23)

Kazakhstan will surely rank #5 with this victory! The team only lost to the big teams!

Kazakhstan squad has many cute players 18, 12, 27... like the team!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• You can still have ~1.0 hour siesta prior to the Bronze medal match! Sleep is the best cure!!

I don't nap well. I'm afraid I won't come out of it ||

• Well, at least that's done already. The Korean team has a lot of good prospective players but none of them are playing consistently for the NT save for a few (the ones that do aren't game-changing e.g. Park Jeong Ah and Pyo Seungju). Kim Daeun did not play here, same with Jeong Ji Hyun. Also, it's pretty much old news but having this new coach manage a foreign NT is just questionable. Acceptable if they are winning things, but losing to teams they haven't even lost to before just takes it to a new low.

• Well, at least that's done already. The Korean team has a lot of good prospective players but none of them are playing consistently for the NT save for a few (the ones that do aren't game-changing e.g. Park Jeong Ah and Pyo Seungju). Kim Daeun did not play here, same with Jeong Ji Hyun. Also, it's pretty much old news but having this new coach manage a foreign NT is just questionable. Acceptable if they are winning things, but losing to teams they haven't even lost to before just takes it to a new low.

With a foreign coach like this quality, what a waste of time and money... and imagine the difficulty in communication, how much info can be conveyed in the very short TO. I wonder how could KOR not have the comparable capable native coach for this task... if one really wanna go foreign then get some quality class like the former coach Stefano Lavarini.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Unleash The Shimamura :box:

• #20 Tran Tú Linh is listed at 178cm and has that 168-173cm style energy I love

• With a foreign coach like this quality, what a waste of time and money... and imagine the difficulty in communication, how much info can be conveyed in the very short TO. I wonder how could KOR not have the comparable capable native coach for this task... if one really wanna go foreign then get some quality class like the former coach Stefano Lavarini.

I think a foreign coach is still a better choice, but Ceasar was not it. They need someone who at least has experience managing Asian teams since communication is different not just in language but in culture. There are many foreign coaches right now playing in Korea for clubs so it's a good exchange in that regard, but most of these have experience handling either top teams from different countries or from the same cultural background (like a Japanese coach).

• That #11/#8 double dive was hot :love:

• This pipe attack is something new from Fuyumi. Not sure I ever saw her do it with Hitachi

• Vietnam is playing like they think they're going to win this match. It's beautiful :heart:

• just joining and started watching...but not seeing anything :(

What do you mean?

• I didn't mean to reverse double sidewinder jinx my girls. 4T seems a little rattled now