70th All Japan Intercollegiate Women's Championship 2023 (Nov 28–Dec 3)

• I smell a Tie Break with NSSU and Meikai unless that first set was just getting-yer-bearings and now NSSU is stable. They took set 25–17

• Holy moly, Meikai #15 OH Aimi Tsuzuki just did the weirdest fast slide left I've ever seen. She's an award winner and tied with Tsutumi for the "ace" title ... Meikai plays a little shenanigan ball

• Yes, she can go to Prestige. I still want Yoshino Sato at Kurobe. I feel like Ameze can also go to Denso.

I'd go for all that :thumbup:

• I checked the missed delivery earlier. Tsukuba won their first match in 55 minutes :white:

• There was another one of those slide left deals from Aimi Tsuzuki. It's bizarre

• Tokai setter Mirei Samura looks a lot different than she did with Higashi. I sometimes think I'm seeing Tsukasa on the floor

• NSSU better re-stabilize and whip out the countermeasures again or they are going home. Not that I want my NSSU girls to go home but the more Dark Horses the merrier. and I'm sort of falling for #6 the beach setter, Mayu Kikuchi. I googled her ... and the pics :love:

Her beach partner #8, Nao Kinugasa isn't playing tonight. She played last year in the few matches I saw and was an impressive hitter

• Aoyama hates to lose. When they get pushed to the brink they are so scrappy :rose:

Tokai 2–1 Aoyama

Aoyama can't win this tho because they can't win it in 4 and they can't beat Tokai in a Tie Break

• NSSU :box: Meikai Tie Break :drink:

• Meikai 179cm MB #3 Erika Takamiya and that shenanigan baller OH #15 Aimi Tsuzuki played with Vietnam Kinh Bac Bac Ninh last year

FB

• OMG :):):):):):):):):)

Meikai knocks out NSSU

That was a fucking match :dance6::dance6:

• An overtime Tie Breaker with a ref huddle challenge at Match Point for NSSU that they lost

• Prestige should grab that tall Meikai MB who played in Vietnam. She's a senior

I was going to say they should also grab the shenanigan baller. She's a monster but she's only 2nd year. She starts in 2 and runs fast over to 4, jumps in the air and hits it back cross court. It's not a one-off because signals got crossed. It seems to be her preferred method of delivery

Meikai runs a lot of cool combinations

• Quarterfinals tomorrow live on UNIVAS ... 11:00 JST start

Court B Ota Ward

Tsukuba v JWCPE

Nihon v Tokai

Court D Izumi City

Fukuoka v Kobe Shinwa

Meikai v Gifu Kyoritsu

The Combo has JWCPE moving on but Scorebox has it as only 2–1 against Juntendo, so I dunno. That's the match played in the basement. They must lag a bit reporting scores

Everybody got lucky. The SF are tragic

See you on Court D :box:

• Meikai University only promoted from Kanto Division 3 to Kanto Division 2 in the spring of this year. They're not even playing with the big girls in the Spring and Autumn Tournaments. I don't know how that all works but maybe they will promote to Division 1 next spring and put on the big pants. It's quite the accomplishment to be where they are in this All Japan Championship without being a Division 1 team

• The Meikai Shenanigan Ballers lineup:

OH #15
    Setter #6
    OH #13
    MB #18
    OP #12
    MB #3

That's weird, isn't it?

• Meikai did play Kokushikan a few weeks ago in a "Challenge Match" to try and promote to Kanto Division 1 ... and lost 2–3, so they won't be playing in the Big Girl Tournaments next year :(

Kokushikan won only one match in the recent Kanto Autumn League. Fukuoka knocked them out of this tournament 3–0 in Round 2