70th All Japan Intercollegiate Women's Championship 2023 (Nov 28–Dec 3)

• Another tie break. I can’t take this

• Meikai having a hard time trying to out offense Gifu's better defense. I don't know this Gifu team at all but they win their Regional Spring/Falls all the time

• :white:

• Respect to both those teams. But gosh darn it. I wanted Meikai to advance :lol:

• Semifinals 2023.12.02 11:00 jst Ota Ward Gym Court B:

Tsukuba v Gifu Kyoritsu

Fukuoka v Tokai

One can only hope

• Yoshino Sato has a good, almost Mayu-like brute force serve but Ameze Miyabe has the best cross court slider in Japan. Players are scared of her serve. They don't seem scared of Yoshino's. She has to no-touch ace it. Ameze can serve right at someone and ace them

• I love seeing teams punching above their weight class and having fun doing it. If I'd have seen more of this Gifu team they might've been my Cinderella team of this tournament

• Yoshino Sato has a good, almost Mayu-like brute force serve but Ameze Miyabe has the best cross court slider in Japan. Players are scared of her serve. They don't seem scared of Yoshino's. She has to no-touch ace it. Ameze can serve right at someone and ace them

Did Sato participate in any of the B Team tournaments? Did she gain more confidence?

• Did Sato participate in any of the B Team tournaments? Did she gain more confidence?

FISU was her big B-thing, I guess. She doesn't lack confidence at all outside the VNL/World Championship disaster :white:

• I wasn't able to watch it.

Ameze I believe but I don't know if Sato is ready to be back with the A Team all things considered but I think she may find some footing with the B Team.

I worry about Ameze's pressure ability more than other folks do. She cracked in the famous U19 but she was way too young. I wouldn't say she cracked, but she didn't soar, in the FISU thing. They are both very skilled players in a comfortable context. Sato is going to have to prove herself in V.League before she gets near the NT again. Ameze is more ready to give it another shot any time she wants to, I think. She does seem more confident in general now

• This Tsukuba match has been kinda boring. Gifu is too in over their head

• Miyu Kawazoe :heart:

• I can't watch this any more :rolll:

Tokai is like the freakin' JT of Uni-ball. Being up 2–0 against them means nothing