70th All Japan Intercollegiate Women's Championship 2023 (Nov 28–Dec 3)

• I'm not sure but I think the consolation prize match starts early at 9:30 jst

The Final might be 3 hours after that if the men and women are on different courts, or it might go girl boy girl boy in which case the Girls Final might be at 14/15:00 or something

Bronze:

Fukuoka v Gifu Kyoritsu

Gold:

Tsukuba v Tokai

[update] looks like it's going "boy girl girl boy" on one court, so the Girl's Bronze somewhere around 12/13:00 and the Girl's Final around15/16:00? They could each go earlier than that if the first match is a quick sweep and they don't do the thing of waiting for a 3 hour break. Be prepared!

• The first boys match is in set 4 and is going full set so we'll be running late tonight. My guess is the girls consolation match will start around 12:30 jst

• 12:25 & 14:30 are posted for the Girls Matches (as of 12:00 and the first boys finished)

• I don't think I've ever seen that played before, where someone pulls the advert board back and as out of the way as they can in order for a player to get to a ball going out of bounds

• I hope they employ professional commentators for the Gold Match and ditch these crushingly non-professional ones calling the Bronze

• Fukuoka takes Bronze second year in a row

Miyu Kawazoe got something, maybe MVP if they give that for the Bronze match, maybe just a thank you, but I don't know if she is the Captain

[update] It's "MIP", whatever that is

• I'm giving the back attack edge to Sato over Miyabe :box:

• The Real Yoshino Sato is kind of on fire here. She wants every set :box:

• Beware the reverse sweep Tsukuba :lol:

Tokai has moments of crazy good defense, and to Tsukuba's credit it is not frustrating them

• This is something the SAGA Cultists really should see. Yoshino Sato is dragging this whole team up to her level. Quite the performance :super:

• The Tokai setter can't utilize her middles.

I was just realizing this is two freshmen setters going at it

• I'm disappointed Tokai OP Mitsuhiro has chickened out on her brute force serve. That's a sign confidence has drifted away

• Not a fan of Niina for NT level, but I like her at the collegiate league level. She is really demolishing this other setter :lol:

She's got better middles to work with, but Tokai setter seems scared of trying