Chinese women's NT 2024

• the "unofficial" roster of U18 NT in 2024:

I don't know who gave the roster but from the photos, his or her PS skill was very good!

We could think it is a roster by fans giving.

Head coach: Liu Xiao-ming

Assistant coaches: Zhang Lei (female), Liu Meng, Liu Jin-hao

Players:

Yang Shu-ming, Chen Yu-fei, Huang Yue-xin, Wang Ao-qian, Zhang Shu-hang, Song Jia-yi, Sun Hong-yun, Zhang Jing-hui-ru, Bi Yu, Tang Jing-xia, Shi Jia-yi, Li Yi-yi, Xu Jing-li, Wang Yi-bo, Ye Qin-yuan, Shen Jia-yi, Ji Qian-hui, Li Yu-shan, Zhao Xin-ying, Zhang Shi-tong

• With Zhu joining the NT, it makes sense to get Yao Di on board. She’s more reliable than Diao, who is inconsistent and moody :(

Also, think about this... Yao is more familiar with Tianjin teammates Yuan XY, Wang YY and LYY, and even Wang Yizhu, if she’s selected. And of course she works well with Zhu Ting also.

• In theory, the oldest roster if Cai Bin chose without injury and disease:

S - Diao Lin-yu, Ding Xia

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning

OH - Zhu Ting, Li Ying-ying, Wang Yun-lu, Wu Meng-jie

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi

L - Wang Meng-jie

13th player (?) - Zheng Yi-xin (OP/MB/L)

However, if the head coach weren't Cai Bin and we didn't considered factors such as the National Games and of the benefit of each province in China, the roster might be:

S - Diao Lin-yu, Xu Xiao-ting

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning

OH - Zhu Ting, Li Ying-ying, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi

L - Wang Meng-jie

13th player (?) - Zheng Yi-xin (OP/MB/L)

PS: Wang Meng-jie, Xu Jia-nan and even Ni Fei-fan were all injured for many times. In fact, I want Zhu Xing-chen...

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Isn't Zhang Chang-ning playing as OH normally?

Because in fact, Gong Xiang-yu doesn't have a substitute one now, I just put Zhang as OP but in theory, it is the same as 5 OHs and 1 OP.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

She can play in both positions. She can hit quite hard and good at blocking as well. She has an advantage over Zheng Yixin as OP. Zheng normally plays in MB position. She also has experience in tough, tense situations... She remained calm when serving the last ball in Rio16 final match.

• Zhou Yetong is one of China’s best OPs, but she never got a look-in... Something must have happened when coach Cai was coaching the Jiangsu team :/

Tomorrow 2024 Chinese Winner National Championship will start.

Jiangsu gave its roster.

You could see Zhou Ye-tong in 2024 Chinese Winner National Championship (April 10 - April 30).

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Why are there rumours (in YT etc) that Zhang Changning might take up an OP position along with Gong ? Yes, she is quite adaptable and can play as both OH and OP but she’s really more effective as OH.

But Binnie Cai has a problem... ZT, LYY and Wu MJ are obvious choices to fill 3 of the 4 OH positions. If ZCN joins them, then there wouldn’t be a spot left for his precious Wang Yunlu... So the shifty coach is trying to move ZCN to OP, so the fourth spot will go to her. No matter what, he wants WYL in the team. This despite the fact there are other more skilfull and deserving players, eg Zhuang Yushan, Wang Yizhu, Zhong Hui, Miao Yiwen and others.

X(

• I think Yao Di is more deserving of the setter spot ahead of Diao and definitely Ding Xia!
    She’s been the setter to Lyy, Yuan, WYY and ZT at the victorious Tianjin team and she’s not even in the NT squad !!
    Why?

idk Perhaps coach Cai is letting too much personal and emotional issues get in the way of logical thinking. This is why he has wrong players in some positions (WYL, Diao) and some players in wrong positions (Zheng Yixin as OP) I definitely agree that Yao will make a better setter for the team.