Brazil Women's NT 2024

• There will be 12+1 players. So one of Julia k and Diana will be +1 probably. Also one of natinha and nyeme won't be going to Paris. Maybe ze would bring both liberos and skip second opp. To be honest, that should be the way to go if he is really taking RosaMaria who can be the bench player for both positions. And in that scenario other libero can replace Ana C. In the backrow so that Gabi doesn't have to cover a huge space at reception. clara who do you think ze will drop among these 14 players and which one would be 13th player?

I've been feeling for a while now that the 13th player will be the MB that doesn't make the main roster, mainly because Zé will feel bad about not taking Diana/Julia at all considering how well they've been playing. And now with the injury concerns around Thaisa that option seems even more likely.

But then again libero is the only position that doesn't have a backup. And if the OHs really are Gabi/Ana/Rosa/Julia, there's no one who can fill in as an improvised libero in case the actual libero gets injured (Gabi has the skills to do it, but we can't afford not to have Gabi as an OH). So maybe taking a libero as the 13th player would be the most prudent decision.

• Not OG related but maybe Ze can rest his main players in 1st/2nd round and use Luzia, Helena, Lorrayna, Lais, Tainara, Julia K to gain more experiences.

Webvolei reported that there will be a total of 18 girls called for trainings (I'm not sure if that's counting Luzia and Helena or not). So the week one roster will probably be the A team minus Gabi, Thaisa and hopefully Carol.

• I have to say Gattaz not being called is concerning to me. I doubt Zé will go to the first week with only Julia, Diana and Luzia (even though that's 100% what he should do), but Carol and Thaisa really should not be playing week 1.

• Lorrayna not joining NT?

• According to VBW Brazil, Carol, Thaisa, JuKu and Diana will be the MBs for week one...

Lame

Why lame? Were you expecting other names? Or is it because Thaisa is injured and Carol has not rested properly? After all the biggest question is who the 3rd MB for Paris is and that's only btw Kudiess and Diana. Luiza is not actually part of the team but just invited to be in trainings and Ade and Caro Gataz are out of the question.

• Why lame? Were you expecting other names? Or is it because Thaisa is injured and Carol has not rested properly? After all the biggest question is who the 3rd MB for Paris is and that's only btw Kudiess and Diana. Luiza is not actually part of the team but just invited to be in trainings and Ade and Caro Gataz are out of the question.

I wanted Thaisa and Carol to sit out this first week so we don't risk any long term injuries, that's all. I was also hoping that Julia and Diana would both get a fair shot to play for the last spot, but with this line up, it's likely that only one (or none) of them will actually start.

Luzia was invited to train, but we've seen girls who were invited to train make the roster for the first week before (e.g. Kenya and Lorrayna in 2022).

• I wanted Thaisa and Carol to sit out this first week so we don't risk any long term injuries, that's all. I was also hoping that Julia and Diana would both get a fair shot to play for the last spot, but with this line up, it's likely that only one (or none) of them will actually start.

Luzia was invited to train, but we've seen girls who were invited to train make the roster for the first week before (e.g. Kenya and Lorrayna in 2022).

But still there could be the case that Julia and Diana are the starters while Ana Carol and Thaisa remain on the bench. I agree that the need time to rest, especially Thaisa but honestly we all knew Ze wasn't going to include Ade nor Gataz in actual trainings.

I also want those to to have a fair shot at demonstrating who is the best because they all had great club season (I think Julia has the edge but Diana trained the whole club season with Ze).

• I dont think Lorenne will play in Week 1 when they have Kisy, Tai and Rosamaria. And why isnt Lorrayna included in the list??

• I dont think Lorenne will play in Week 1 when they have Kisy, Tai and Rosamaria. And why isnt Lorrayna included in the list??

Lorrayna is in the long list, but she wasn't called for trainings.

Lorenne should be ahead of Tainara in the opposite pecking order, at least at first. Right now I'd say it's 1. Kisy/Rosamaria (if she's used as an opposite) 2. Lorenne 3. Tainara.

I consider Kisy and Rosamaria to be pretty much locks for Paris at this point. Lorenne and Tainara are still in the running, but their competition is with Pri Daroit.

• I just read that this year teams will be allowed to make changes to the 14-player roster between matches

Luzia and Helena against Korea pls (it won't happen)

For Korea match please:

Luzia, Helena, Julia K

• So, Brazil will bring all 18 players to all stages of VNL 2024! Thats great for developing Luzia, Helena and Julia K. Hopefully in VNL 2025, they bring in Aline, Lele, Juju and Larissa Besen.

• Helena, Luzia/Diana, Ana Cristina, Julia Kudiess, Julia Bergmann starting line up post Paris. I do wonder who will be the next setter and libero.