Brazil Women's NT 2024

• VNL wide roster:

S: Claudinha, Dani Lins, Giovana, Macris, Roberta

O: Kisy, Lorrayna, Lorenne, Sabrina, Tainara

OH: Ana Cristina, Gabi, Helena, Julia Bergmann, Maiara Basso, Maira, Natalia, Pri Daroit, Rosamaria

MB: Adenizia, Carol, Carol Gattaz, Diana, Luzia, Julia Kudiess, Thaisa

L: Camila Brait, Laís, Natinha, Nyeme

• Who do you think the 3rd mb will be? Diana or kudiess?

• Brait (!) and Natalia are surprises, but that doesn't mean they will accept the invitation (Douglas from the men's team didn't).

I'm also surprised to see Lorena out of the wide roster completely, even though I did anticipate her losing the 5th spot to Luzia. If Zé has any sense left, Carol will not play in Rio, so hopefully Luzia gets to make her senior team debut.

I was hoping Aline would get a mention (over Maira maybe?), but I know it's not her time yet so it's fine. She'll get there next cycle.

• Brait (!) and Natalia are surprises, but that doesn't mean they will accept the invitation (Douglas from the men's team didn't).

I'm also surprised to see Lorena out of the wide roster completely, even though I did anticipate her losing the 5th spot to Luzia. If Zé has any sense left, Carol will not play in Rio, so hopefully Luzia gets to make her senior team debut.

I was hoping Aline would get a mention (over Maira maybe?), but I know it's not her time yet so it's fine. She'll get there next cycle.

I don't get it what Brazil federation are doing? How you guys put on a list players that did not accept a call? Why not ask them first, and than list 30 players who want to be there?

• yes and brazil always do this without previous talk to players

I remember 2018 and 2019 years where a lot of players refused to join NT

I think that it can be Adenizia, considering her last stats. In the last league match she killed 10 blocks. And if I remember well not so long ago she killed 12 blocks in the match. 8o8o

I honestly think 3rd MB is going to be the hardest position to predict. Most fans right now are favoring Julia because we are actually watching her play this season (and she's killing it), but even though Diana hasn't had much court time in THY, she played a big role in the NT last year when Carol wasn't in the best physical condition and Zé trusts her a lot.

Personally, I like Julia's game better, but Diana is still a tiny bit more reliable to me (which makes sense considering she's 4 years older than Julia). Julia gets the flashiest kills, but she wants to attack every ball super hard even when the set is not good and because of that she also gets blocked more. Diana's attacks aren't as pretty, but she's very consistent. Julia is the more natural slider of the two, but Diana's slide is also quite effective.

When it comes to blocking, Julia is faster at the net, but Diana's read is a little better. Both are aggressive servers, but Julia makes more service errors. Julia has shockingly good floor defense for a middle.

I say let them battle it out in the first two weeks of the VNL and give Carol and Thaisa a rest.

• Setters and MB list are both amazing. Like you have no clue who Ze Roberto will use at VNL. Maybe rest Ade, Carol Gattaz, Thaisa at W1-W2 and make Carol the captain. Have Luzia, Helena, Sabrina, Julia K experience playing time.

And this is wild since alot of talented girls are not yet included here which means Brazil has a very deep and stacked roster. Juju, Larissa, Aline, etc

• Maybe rest Ade, Carol Gattaz, Thaisa at W1-W2 and make Carol the captain. Have Luzia, Helena, Sabrina, Julia K experience playing time.

I definitely don't think Carol should be there for the first week at least. She's the only player to have played every single match in this cycle and has a best of 5 series against Conegliano coming up. I personally want Julia/Diana as the main MB duo for week one so we can see who is best suited for the 3rd MB spot.

I also don't think Gattaz needs (or wants) to rest since she hasn't really played all season. Tbh I don't think her chances are very good to make the final roster considering she is currently Julia's backup at Minas, but I'm sure she'll fight until the end for it.

About Ade, she's had a few injuries this season and has talked about being excited for the season to end so she can be on vacation. I wouldn't be surprised if she's not with the team at all.

• I definitely don't think Carol should be there for the first week at least. She's the only player to have played every single match in this cycle and has a best of 5 series against Conegliano coming up. I personally want Julia/Diana as the main MB duo for week one so we can see who is best suited for the 3rd MB spot.

I also don't think Gattaz needs (or wants) to rest since she hasn't really played all season. Tbh I don't think her chances are very good to make the final roster considering she is currently Julia's backup at Minas, but I'm sure she'll fight until the end for it.

About Ade, she's had a few injuries this season and has talked about being excited for the season to end so she can be on vacation. I wouldn't be surprised if she's not with the team at all.

Julia, Diana, Luzia for Week 1 maybe?

• Oh and btw we still don't have the actual training roster. Zé likes working with a smaller group, so it'll probably be 18-20 names at most.

CBV released the men's invitations yesterday for those who were already done with their club seasons, but nothing on the women yet (because they are flops).

• I would like that! Maybe throw in Gattaz for some experience.

S: Claudinha, Giovana

MB: Diana, Julia K, Luzia, Gattaz (emotional support lol)

OP: Tainara, Sabrina

OH: Ana Cristina, Julia B, Helena, Maiara

L: Lais, Natinha

• Oh and btw we still don't have the actual training roster. Zé likes working with a smaller group, so it'll probably be 18-20 names at most.

CBV released the men's invitations yesterday for those who were already done with their club seasons, but nothing on the women yet (because they are flops).

excited too for the mens, hopefully they call up Lukas B, Leo, Thiery, Samuel too.

I'd guess Camila, Ade, Carol G will reject the call for family/vacation time.

• S: Claudinha, Giovana

MB: Diana, Julia K, Luzia, Gattaz (emotional support lol)

OP: Tainara, Sabrina

OH: Ana Cristina, Julia B, Helena, Maiara

L: Lais, Natinha

My guess is:

S: Macris, Roberta

MB: Diana, Julia K, Luzia, Gattaz

O: Kisy, Rosamaria

OH: Ana Cristina, Julia B, Basso, Daroit

L: Natinha, Nyeme

It's in Rio so there's gonna be pressure from the sponsors to get some big name players. Gabi is having preventative treatment on her knee (the same one she had last year) and Carol has the Italian league finals, so they are probably out. Thaisa might or might not go, I'm not sure.

• Replace Gattaz with Thaisa and Basso with Helena please.

• Diana is the only good Brazilian that I'm happy to see next season as well. She played almost always very good whenever she was on court independent of the opponent. Didn't watch kudiess yet, looking forward to seeing her in VNL. I agree that these two should play. I think teams should use two weeks of vnl deciding on 3rd mb, second setter, 4th outside etc depending on what position is up for grabs in that NT. Being in Olympic roster such a special opportunity that players should be given enough chances to fight for their spot