World League 2008

• Yes, that two defeats must have been painful to Brazil. I don't remember when they lost two games at home. And with this style...
    Today's games show,t hat on this level everything is possible and it is difficult to repeat the same - once Brazil won against Russia, then lost, as well Serbia-USA.
    Congratulations USA for their first WL title in the history. They played very good semi final and final, but if Winiarski had finished his ball in the tie-break, they would be in different moods now...
    joanamss I would find some more arrogant teams than USA. Although they are not saints too.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It's better to lose and learn from their mistakes in the less worldly "World League Tournament" than to lose and wait another 4 years in the very important games in OLYMPICS.

That's true, but sa you probably noticed, Poles don't learn from their mistakes: terrible ECH, terrible ECH qualification, not very good WL group stage, and very bad WL Final Six. Should I give you more examples. Since WCH final and last year WL group stage, Poland lose almost everything...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• The teams were not playing at 100% since they are all looking to be at their best in Beijing, but this WL results are interesting nevertheless.

Serbia and USA looked very good, Brazil rather bad. And Russia was either holding back or ... looking for its starting 6 ...
    Oh, and Poland was not particularly reassuring.

I think Brazil will play better than that in OG. And USA proved how much they want to win. They may find this helping in Beijing.

• joanamss I would find some more arrogant teams than USA. Although they are not saints too.

yeah true (: but I'm not supprise that Brazilian doesn't like USA Team

That's true, but sa you probably noticed, Poles don't learn from their mistakes: terrible ECH, terrible ECH qualification, not very good WL group stage, and very bad WL Final Six. Should I give you more examples. Since WCH final and last year WL group stage, Poland lose almost everything...

from Andrea Zorzi blog:
    I asked two Serbian players which is the worst defeat of their careers.
    They both said: “ I have totally forgotten all the defeats I only think about the victories”.
    The polish answers was:“ I lose too many times and I cannot choose a single defeat…”

sad true d***.....

• People...I have nothing against USA...what I said is that they are very confident of themselves!!!Sometimes gets even close to arrogance....I don't wanna say they are arrogant....I am telling something about all americans...not only the volleyball them..the americans are really confident...and that makes them win a lot of sports...cause they are never afraid of facing anyone!!!! ;)

Is true that we had a problem with this team of USA in Copa America's final...that Brasil played with the young team...with Bruninho, Samuel..and cia...and the americans desrespect the brasilians at the end...and for that a lot of people don't like this team here...but in any moment I wanted to say something about that... :lol:

And I know that a lot of people thinks that Brazilian guys are arrogant....but they really are not!!!!!If people had the chance to know them proprely they would see...they are really nice...and have a great heart! :win:

• Then maybe they should stop hiding it so well, because against Serbia they couldn't find it, and I fear it might happen again in the OG.

By the way, this was not Russian "B" team. Actually, I think if Poltavsky had played, we might had lost, because he would commit millions of services mistakes, like he always does against Brazil. In the other hand, Mikhailov services broke Brazilian reception.

I don't agree with your comment on the US team at all. Although I am very pissed right now because they beat the Serbians, I have to admit I think they are very respectful on court - I don't really follow the "volleyball world", so I don't know how they behave overall. I like their attitude on court, they fight till the end and they are very calm. I think Brazilian team behaves much more poorly, and is a lot more arrogant, compared to the US team. Anyway, they surprised me, I didn't think they could win the WL.

You are joking right? They didn't answer that... But yeah, I really don't trust Polish team. Such an amazing performance in the WCH, and since then they have been playing like a mediocre team, not as a top team, for sure. I don't see much room for improvement, considering how close to the games we are, but I wish you luck.

• I'm Brazilian and all, but I do like the US NT.... And about the arrogance, it's true that some Brazilian players are more arrogant than any other player in the world.... Ricardinho and Serginho are extremely arrogant (though Ricardo is no longer a member of our NT).... Giba does look arrogant on court, but if you see his interviews and the way he behaves once the game ends, you can hee he's such a nice guy....

I'm just afraid Brazil can face the USA in a quarterfinal of the OG... This wouldn't be good, given the fact that the USA have won the last three matches they played against Brazil...

But I also do agree that the American culture of confidence may seem a little arrogant. When I watch American Idol and see contestants saying they ARE going to become the next Idol I can't help but feeling they should be a little more humble and akcowledge their competitors.... But this is a matter of culture, 'coz that's the way us Brazilians behave.....

• By the way, this was not Russian "B" team. Actually, I think if Poltavsky had played, we might had lost, because he would commit millions of services mistakes, like he always does against Brazil. In the other hand, Mikhailov services broke Brazilian reception.

Well...I don't follow much of male volleyball..only the big tournaments...so...I said Russia were with B team inside court...cause Vanin, Ostapenko, Berezhko and Poltavsky are always playing..and they didn't start the games here at World League....but I agree with you when you say that Poltavsky makes a lot of mistakes against Brasil...or at least used to to...I could never understand that!!!

I don't agree with your comment on the US team at all. Although I am very pissed right now because they beat the Serbians, I have to admit I think they are very respectful on court - I don't really follow the "volleyball world", so I don't know how they behave overall. I like their attitude on court, they fight till the end and they are very calm. I think Brazilian team behaves much more poorly, and is a lot more arrogant, compared to the US team. Anyway, they surprised me, I didn't think they could win the WL.

Again....I'm not saying that US team is arrogant...I said they are really confident of themselves...so sometimes can look arrogant...but that is something good for them (THIS CONFIDENCE!!!)...cause they are never afraid to face anyone!!! But like someone said here....they are not saints too...today they try to find problem with the Serbians all the time....but again...for me..this is part of the game...
    But maybe I didn't could explain myself right before..so looked like I call them arrogant...witch I didn't mean to!!! ;)

About the Brazilian players...I agree with Daniel...of course that maybe if I were not Brasilian...I would hate them too..cause inside court most of the players can look like arrogant...but the thing is...the only time they are like this...is when the game is hard..so they show or try to show with faces and attitude sth like "I'm the best here so shut up and stay on your own"...witch is...I don't know if wrong is the word...but anyway....but in any other moment they are extremely respectful to their opponents...and outside the court they are totaly different person!!!! They have like the huge caracter!!!! They would never think they are best them anyone...and they are really sweat to everyone!!!!
    IS like Bernardinho...inside court he is someone..and outside...totaly different person!!!! ^^

• Some unusual 'statistics' from russian site.

First time (since creating a WL in 1990), USA team has become a winner of WL.
    First time, during last 10 years, Brazil is not on podium of WL.
    First time ever, since 2002, Brazil was defeated by Russia.
    First time, since separation with Montenegro, Serbia is on podium of WL.
    First time ever, the team-winner of WL contains 6(!) players from Russian Superliga. OMG, we had trained our enemy by ourselves 8o :rolll:

I have to admit, that this year's World League was very fresh, intriguing and interesting to watch, despite the fact that it is an OG year now!

• That's true, but sa you probably noticed, Poles don't learn from their mistakes: terrible ECH, terrible ECH qualification, not very good WL group stage, and very bad WL Final Six. Should I give you more examples. Since WCH final and last year WL group stage, Poland lose almost everything...

Yeah too bad....... but I don't blame the players. The players did their part but I sometimes notice that the coach of Poland are experimenting a lot with his players. For me thats not good because IMO Poland don't have a deep bench compared to other teams like Russia, USA etc. I like Poland when they have this line-up on court Swiderski, Wlazly, Winiarski, Plinski, Kadzhiwich and Zagumny. If one of them is replaced, I dunno it feels something is missing.

• CONGRATULATIONS USA!!!! :white:

@JOANAMMS...it such a pity for a team like the US to be called as arrogant(you were saying a little earlier as arrogant then denied it...that it's just the confidence..clarify it please) when in fact they are not.

And there's a lot of people here who seemed not giving some credit to the win of the US (e.g. I want Serbia to win..blah blah). As ive said yesterday, out of the 50 people here. only 1 is going to vote for the US..and im happy that they suprised you. :roll:

Stop the bickering..US is one of the most humble teams ive even seen...I just realized they dont even show their emotions in court compared to the other teams..Lloy Ball deserves the MVP award...he runs the offense very perfectly.

US won because of their defense..

Again, no one will probably expect the US to be on the podium in OG. But i am..I will always believe in my team. They will suprise you again in Beijing!

GRACIAS! :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• JOANAMMS...it such a pity for a team like the US to be called as arrogant(you were saying a little earlier as arrogant then denied it...that it's just the confidence..clarify it please) when in fact they are not.

OMG!!!

FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!I DON'T THINK US TEAM IS ARROGANT!!!! :lol:

What I mean is that the US players...as the US population in general... are really confident!!!!!And that can look like arrogance inside court sometimes!!!!!But it ins't....do you see....

I like the US team as well...I love the way americans play..the male and female....all the tatic...and defense..I love this kind of game...

And I talked to Salmom and Lee..they are really nice indeed...

But I have to be honest saying that I already had a bad experience with this US team as well....cause at the final of the Copa America...they were not nice at all to Brasil young team...was even ridiculous to think that a experient team as the US was doing something like that..desrespecting the brasilian guys on the net like they did...but I prefer to think that that was a particular situation...cause the game was very hard for both teams..and maybe that was the way they found to desistabilize brasilian boys...I would never judge them arrogant or anything cause of that...even cause I don't believe in judging people based in one situation....I think that is really unfair... :huh:

So I hope I could clarify to american fans!!! :rose:

As I said..USA DID deserve to win....

• makes me get dizzy huh :cheesy:

anyway, i respect the Serbian team. they may again surprise us like what happen in Sydney OG (yugoslavia then).

now i know the Brazilians will get back at us in OG. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• And there's a lot of people here who seemed not giving some credit to the win of the US (e.g. I want Serbia to win..blah blah). As ive said yesterday, out of the 50 people here. only 1 is going to vote for the US..and im happy that they suprised you. :roll:

Could you tell me what is wrong that someone support other team than USA?

Stop the bickering..US is one of the most humble teams ive even seen...I just realized they dont even show their emotions in court compared to the other teams..

e.g. Russia-USA
    I think that all teams have moments when they show their emotions in not that 'humble' way and not only in male volleyball.

• Could you tell me what is wrong that someone support other team than USA?

e.g. Russia-USA
    I think that all teams have moments when they show their emotions in not that 'humble' way and not only in male volleyball.

With all due respect, I think there's really nothing wrong with that. Please understand my statement and you'll see why. What i want to imply is that eventhough the US won the world league, there seems to be some people who aren't at all contented with the win. And I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. and its really not my business after all of who goes to support the US or not.

e.g Russia-USA

I have to agree with you on that matter, though its really normal of showing emotions in a humble/nonhumble way. And that situation doesn't make them less better of a team. It just means that they are serious with the game. After all, its a $1million-dollar purse that comes with a championship.

I hope im clear with that, :huh:

• jist...did you watch the final today...Serbia x USA?? Do you think that was not showing emotion?? I can remember at least 5 times that Grbic and US players argue at the net...with Priddy once was pretty intense even...believe me...I watched live....Lee even come to that Priddy far from the net...

Anyway.....Justyna..I agree with you..I think every team has their moments...

Actually I think everyone is like that...everyone has your days...

• jist...did you watch the final today...Serbia x USA?? Do you think that was not showing emotion?? I can remember at least 5 times that Grbic and US players argue at the net...with Priddy once was pretty intense even...believe me...I watched live....Lee even come to that Priddy far from the net...

Anyway.....Justyna..I agree with you..I think every team has their moments...

Actually I think everyone is like that...everyone has your days...

Yes, i was able to watch the game. And with my statement about the US not showing emotion is generalized and not only in a particular situation. Yes, it was pretty intense...but its normal. (refer to my post above).

• With all due respect, I think there's really nothing wrong with that. Please understand my statement and you'll see why. What i want to imply is that eventhough the US won the world league, there seems to be some people who aren't at all contented with the win. And I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. and its really not my business after all of who goes to support the US or not.

I understand you that you are happy because your team won and shows that is the best even if almost noone belived in it. I would be happy too.
    But your 'e.g.' with blah, blah on the end was sugestive what do you think about preference other ppl :roll:

e.g Russia-USA

I have to agree with you on that matter, though its really normal of showing emotions in a humble/nonhumble way. And that situation doesn't make them less better of a team. It just means that they are serious with the game. After all, its a $1million-dollar purse that comes with a championship.

Ok first you writting "I just realized they dont even show their emotions in court compared to the other teams..", but next you agree that they showing... but ok, nevermaind. it isn't so important I think.
    Since 2007 and final WL in Poland I really like USA NT and wish them the best.

btw. just to clarify, i meant match Russia-USA Wold Cup 2007

• Ok first you writting "I just realized they dont even show their emotions in court compared to the other teams..", but next you agree that they showing... but ok, nevermaind. it isn't so important I think.
    Since 2007 and final WL in Poland I really like USA NT and wish them the best.

btw. just to clarify, i meant match Russia-USA Wold Cup 2007

Ok this is going to be my last reply for this topic and ill rest my case.

What i said about the US not showing any emotion is a generalized case and not on a particular matter. And if you talk about a team, you must talk on a "whole prespective" and not on an instance only. (Example, ff Kasia scored only 5 points in a game, but we all know that she's an excellent player, are we only going to talk about that 5 points for the whole year? Aren't we right? Because we all know that she's a spectacular player). Thats why i said "I just realized they dont even show their emotions on court." However, "i agree with you that its normal to show emotions".. With the 2 statements, I dont see anything contradictory to that. First was an observation, and second was a fact.

Ciao.

Edited once, last by jist ().