European Qualification for the Olympic Games 2008

• I honestly don't think Spain can beat Brazil, Bulgaria, Russia and some other teams in the OG.

Don't expect Italy to be able to do so at the Olympics. (At least not the way they are playing right now)
    And as a matter of fact, Spain did beat Russia in Moscow last September.

I'm afraid that Spain is currently one of the 4 or 5 best team that can represent Europe in a world competition.

• I Agree with Armel! :D

Spain is a TOP 5 in Europe actually -> Russia - Bulgaria - Poland - Serbia and Spain!

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D

• another bad day for Italy, there's only a little last chance to go to semifinals: Nederlands must defeat Poland 3-0 and Spain have to beat Nederlands (so will pass Spain and Italy) but i think it's very hard, in negative case i hope that will win Poland or Spain or Serbia in order for Italy to go to one of the last international qualification tournaments

• Germany - Serbia 3:2.

This germans. :D Nastja will be pleased. ;) Germany qualified almost for sure to the semi-finals, Spain also. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I cant believe it! Germany have match with Finland and this game will more interesting than today's, but Finland will win this time. Serbia will beat Turkey 3-0 - you'll see. And will qualify on first place. Now we will see Holland what will do. They will not give up so easily.
    By the way Poland lead by 1-0. Italy are out.

• You can judge a team only when you see them playing big tournments. Do you HONESTLY think that Spain can beat Bulgaria, Russia, Poland among other teams when all og the above are in good shape and playing the best volleyball they can? I DON'T!

European Championships is THE best continental championship, but it is far from being a huge accomplishment. Really, take a look at the last European Champions and see if they are among the best teams in the world. Take for example the Russian Female NT. Do you honestly think Italy and Serbia will be able to outcome them in Beijing? 8|

Brazil has lost a zillion of Pan American games, Cups, and whatever..... and do you think that is relevant or scares us in any way?

If Spain does qualify to Beijing, it will be an achievement if they manage to get to the quarter finals. And that is pretty much it. Is it soooo wrong for me to support a team taht can actually go further?

• Holland - Poland 3:2, now it is so complicated, if tomorrow Holland beat Spain it will be Holland and Spain who will progress to the semi-finals. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• 3:2 for Holland ;(
    damn that 5th set was polands.... they were leading so well and then boom and lost everything.... like the females team always.... there must be sth in polish air that makes them weak in important phases :thumbdown:

• 3:2 for Holland ;(
    damn that 5th set was polands.... they were leading so well and then boom and lost everything.... like the females team always.... there must be sth in polish air that makes them weak in important phases :thumbdown:

The Brazilian Female NT must be sharing the same air with you poles..... :lol:

Sorry, bad joke, but I just couldn't help it..... 8o

• I Can´t BELIEVE!

Holland wins Poland in TIE BREAK! :what:

How is the tournament now??

What a chances of each team to quali??

Guys.. I want ONE site to follow this champ (on line) non imagens.. only scores!!! :D

• I agree 100% with Brazilian Guy regarding Spain. That's exactly what I said before the WC, and I was proved right by the end of it.

I am not too sure on Russian female NT though. :( 2007 worried me a lot.

As for the topic per see, I can't believe Serbia lost to germany! $%#& That's really frustrating.

I was at work, so I didn't watch anything, except the tie break between Poland and Holland. What happened with Poland? Only a shadow of it's former self. If not for the blocks, it would had been a massacre - I mean the tie break - because Polish spikes were just awful.Such a pity, it used to be a very nice team.

I was hoping Serbia could meet Poland in the final only...

I am not too surprised with Italy, really.

• Russkii, Italy is SO FAR... to Italy from 90´s

In my opinion a team that have CISOLLA like CAPTAIN... :(

The team of Italy... are 8 better teams of Europe.

Spain.. also been CHAMP of Europe.. is a 5 force in continent behind (Russia , Bulgaria , Poland , Serbia)

Germany have a good team TOO!

Now , Poland lost to Hollland... like say in Brazil... "ZEBRA" :D :D :D

I Would like to see Poland wins the tournement.. but Serbia..Germany.. could win too..

• Ruskii,

Well.... let Spain qualify for Beijing. It will be like taking candy out of a child... 8o

As for the Russian Female NT... they are going to do a great job in Beijing. It will be very tough to beat China but I'm sure it will be an awesome OG for them. I'm beating on China-Russia for the finals and I can only hope it will be as good as it was in Athens. It was truly one of the most tense and amazing matches I have watched. And Sokolova herself is already a great reason to watch Russian games. As a male volleyball lover, it is so nice to watch teams and female athletes that really play it the way it should be. Give me Russian Female volleyball anyday over those fast chinese plays.... :tzz:

As for the topic... well, well. Poland is missing their best spikers and the ones that are used to playing at a high level. It is only natural that those young stars are feeling the pressure. But today's match just proved a point I have been trying to make for quite some time. WHY WHY WHY is Swiderski in the starting six, even when Michal Winiarski is playing?? :mad:

If only Poland had Szymanski.... let alone Wlazly and Winiarski...

• http://www.cev.lu

About the game - Holland showed that these results 3-0 does not mean anything of the battle between two teams. This was in the game Serbia-Finland. Holland had a day off, and Poland 3 days without break. After the match with Italy poles thought that it will be easy with Holland, but... The situation in group A now is

1.Spain 2 0 4pts 6-4
    2.Poland 1 2 4pts 7-6
    3.Italy 1 2 4pts 5-6
    4.Holland 1 1 3pts 3-5

Poland will be out if Holland beat Spain no matter with what result, and Spain after this 5set thriller with Italy will actually decide which team they want in phase 2.