European Qualification for the Olympic Games 2008

• I guess Nastja will be very dissapointed, he was full of hope about the victory, but it went wrogn for poland. Don't worry, if spain wins tomorrow, Poland will progress to the semi-final. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• What do you mean? Athens final - female - was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. Hehe.

I remember Swiderski against Brazil in WCH 06 final. I know all Polish team sucked in that match, but Swiderski was unbelieavebly BAD.

Anyway, let's hope Spain can't qualify.

• Ruskii, don't you want revenge agaisnt Spain. :D

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• What do you mean? Athens final - female - was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. Hehe.

I remember Swiderski against Brazil in WCH 06 final. I know all Polish team sucked in that match, but Swiderski was unbelieavebly BAD.

Anyway, let's hope Spain can't qualify.

Swiderski was quite OK actually. WINIARSKI was the one who really really sucked. He played all 3 sets and scored 2 points (2 spikes - both of them were really awackward - a defense mistake and a setting mistake by Brazil). After his amazing performance against Bulgaria I was pissed off with him. But oh well, I still love him the same.... :lol: 8o

• This final was... I still hadn't got over the lost in the semi-final, so it wasn't so important, but poland made only 49 points altogether if I am not wrong.

• Ruskii, don't you want revenge agaisnt Spain. :D

Not really. For one, because we put them back on their place in the WC already, for two, because there is no rivalry between Russia and Spain, considering the fact they are much below us - historically, technically, in all aspects really. No disrespect, but that's the truth. For three, Russia vs Spain is not my idea of an exciting OG semi finals.

So yeah, It doesn't make too much of a difference to me.

• Set ratio.

I prefer victory in any semi-final for Bulgaria, rather than an exciting OG semi-final.

• considering the fact they are much below us - historically, technically, in all aspects really.

There's only one aspect that you forget, and where Russian players are arguably the weakiest in the world: mental.

• There's only one aspect that you forget, and where Russian players are arguably the weakiest in the world: mental.

This is so.. true. :)

• There's only one aspect that you forget, and where Russian players are arguably the weakiest in the world: mental.

Then I guess we are the strongest technically, because even being the "weakest" mentally, we are still vice champions of WC, WL and ECH. :roll:

Less, much less. I am the first to admit the Russian team has some problems to overcome, but you talk as if we weren't the second best team in the world - fact, as the results show.

In WC Russian team showed mental strenght to beat USA after being defeated by Bulgaria - which hadn't beaten us in over 4 years - and Brazil - which is becoming usual really.

Plus, I don't know what the psychological problems of the Russian team has anything to do with what I have said. I don't want "revenge" on Spain because of the reasons I mentioned previously, and that has nothing to do with the mental weakness of our players. Whether we are strong or weak mentally, I am not interested in a revenge on them at the OG, because of the reasons I mentioned above.

• and Brazil - which is becoming usual really.

Well, well..... ever since Bernardo started as our coach you have managed to beat us ONCE, if I remember correctly. And we have beaten you in WC 02, OG 04, WL 06 (twice), WL 07, WC 07....

It is not becoming usual... it IS usual... :thumbsup:

• He wanted to say that spanish players are better in mental condition, you are weaker in this aspect, because you say all the aspects, that's why Armel said this.

• Somebody said Spain is not so strong team. Their potential was shown in Euro 2007. Don't forget that. This is team that fights till end and see now he is the only team that 100% is in semis. So the semis for me are Spain - Finland/Germany and Serbia - Poland/Holland.

• The best thing from the day is that Italy is out ( together with Zlatanov and Simeonov) :D

• Brazilian Guy, u forgot the WL 2001 (Semi final) 3-2 with 22-20 in Tie break

I respect Russia NT. Because is VERY good TEAM.. VERY DANGEORS!!!!!

Russkii, u have PROUD of Russia team! Always a GREAT TEAM! :thumbsup:

I´m like Brazilan I respect all the teams but Russia have MORE respect!

Russia in men´s volleyball remenber Tradicion!!

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D

• Plus, I don't know what the psychological problems of the Russian team has anything to do with what I have said.

This has nothing and everything to do with it.
    Sure Russian are tall, powerfull, and technically excellent. But what's the point of being so strong if they lose every important games?
    What's the point of having such great servers, and great spikers when they suddenly lose their ability to aim as soon as Russia has a 2 or 3 points deficit and they are put under pressure by a good blocking and defending team ?

Volley Ball is a game where mental and team is so important that you can't reason only in terms of technique and players quality
    We all know that in this sport, a bunch a good players doesn't necessarily make a good team. Because there has to be some cohesion between players to get the best out of a team. And what happens when players are failing mentally ? They slightly begin to play individually and not any more as a team, all cohesion goes away, and the team is not any more able to play at its "true" level.

• There's still chance for Poland but only if Spain beat Holland no matter with what result. Even with 3-2 Holland will have 5-7 difference and Poland 7-6.
    In group B Finland must beat Germany with 3-0 or 3-1 result in order to qualify. We may also expect surprise from Turkey.