You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, fragrant, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, tina, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:27am

Plenty of 190+ players to choose from that are playing OH or OP so 187cm is considered short because China has Zhu, Zhang, Li, etc over 190cm.

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male
  • "tomen" started this thread

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 6:43am

Zhang Yi-chan is the same age as Hui Ruo-qi.
When she joins NT for the first time, Hui has been retired.

PS:
The main lineup of 2008 U19 ACH:
Wang Na (S), Zhang Yi-chan (OP), Hui Ruo-qi (OH), Fan Lin-lin (OH), Yang Jun-jing (MB), Li Wei-wei (MB), Shan Dan-na (L)
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

• "bumpsetspike" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Paola Egonu, Tandara Caixeta, Ivan Zaytsev, Earvin N'Gapeth, Matt Anderson, Bruno Rezende

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 9:31am

Are there any players in the Chinese League who aren't in the national team that have good athleticism along with high jumping abilities?

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 9:59am

So far, Yang Hanyu did not make any sounding in VNL, indeed she was quite disappointing! Is she injured or what? Or merely lacks of highly competitive exposure, still quite raw thus needs much reworks?

Feel pity for Zhang Yichan to join NT so late, practically gets no chance to join the major tournaments... though she still can play in various lesser events such as those Asian ones, Montreux etc. Liu Yanhan seems to waste her years since her last major tournament at the 2015 World Cup... don't spot any substantial progress on her for highly competitive tournaments.... Remains to be undependable, her lot needs to be cut and be given to some better prospect!!

The Chinese media, The Eastday 东方网, proposes following roster for the F6:
http://sports.eastday.com/a/180616152707431000000.html

OH: Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, Duan Fang

OP: Gong Xiangyu, Yang Fangxu

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan

Setter: Ding Xia, Diao Linyu

Libero: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie
This is not official and simply the personal conjecture for F6 roster. Even some players' name in this "news" is not spelled correct.

Of course it's only the personal opinion of the author of that article, and nothing official there. The official one will come from Chinese Volleyball Association or the CNT coaching team :-) but the fact that the article was published at the Eastday simply meant it wasn't a junk opinion, aside from whether one agrees or not. IMO the suggested list quite makes sense.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 4:29pm

The Chinese U19 is not good. They won over Thailand team in the SF with great difficulty, and lost easily to the Japanese team in final. They were inferior to the Japanese squad in every area!

I just hope this squad is not the best that China has. Cannot imagine how this team will compete in the U20 World Championship in 2019 when they are far from convincing in the Asian level.

And if this squad is the projection of the future CNT, then the Chinese squad will be in miserable condition. Hopefully they aren't the representative of the future Chinese women's volleyball :-)

Is any one here following the situation of the Chinese women's U19 team? I think this age bracket is the closest to the senior team.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 5:12pm

Relax, its just one generation and also the Chinese squad is already super young on itself. Yuan is 21 f.e. LYY is 18 Zhu 23 for example. You can't have golden generation each time and the curre t squad is not that far away of U19 anyway that its a worry. I would focus more on the super young girls under like age 16 or someth if I was Chinese federation.

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Yesterday, 5:04am

The Chinese U19 is not good. They won over Thailand team in the SF with great difficulty, and lost easily to the Japanese team in final. They were inferior to the Japanese squad in every area!

I just hope this squad is not the best that China has. Cannot imagine how this team will compete in the U20 World Championship in 2019 when they are far from convincing in the Asian level.

And if this squad is the projection of the future CNT, then the Chinese squad will be in miserable condition. Hopefully they aren't the representative of the future Chinese women's volleyball :-)

Is any one here following the situation of the Chinese women's U19 team? I think this age bracket is the closest to the senior team.
Because of the time conflict with "2018 National women's volleyball Championship", many players from Tianjin [Wang Yi-zhu and Chen Bo-ya], Liaoning [Sun Xiao-xuan and Sun Yu-qing] and Henan [Zhang Zi-han and Mao Jun-yi] didn't participate in 2018 U19 ACH. In fact, Yong Le is the one that replaces Wu Meng-jie in China U17. The third libero of China U19 is also in China U17. She is Zhang Xin-ling.
male NT:
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
L - Lin Li

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Yesterday, 5:15am

The official training roster of China U21 [Yes, U21] for BRICS 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa

source: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0617/4766.html
Begining date: June 20

Head Coach: Shi Hai-rong (Jiangsu)
Assistant Coaches: Xie Ji-yang (Shanghai) Hao Xi-yu (Tianjin)
Doctor: Yu Hong-jing (Shandong)
Players:
S - Cai Ya-qian (Shandong), Chen Fang-lin (Shanghai)
OP - Qian Jing-wen (Shandong), Chen Pei-yan (Guangdong)
OH - Cai Xiao-qing (Henan), Che Wen-han (Shandong), Liu Yu (Zhejiang), Sun Ruo-jing (Zhejiang)
MB - Zhang Yu-qian (Shanghai), Li Ya-nan (Tianjin), Guo Hui-zhen (Shandong), Jiao Dian (Bayi)
L - Fang Jing (Zhejiang) Chen Rui-lan (Shanghai)

Jiangsu's players will be ready for the warm-ups against Serbia NT and 2018 Asian Club Championship.
Tianjin without Li Ya-nan will go to Japan and play the warm-ups against JT Marvelous and Ageo Medics.
male NT:
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
L - Lin Li

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tomen" (Yesterday, 5:41am)

• "bumpsetspike" is male

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Paola Egonu, Tandara Caixeta, Ivan Zaytsev, Earvin N'Gapeth, Matt Anderson, Bruno Rezende

Yesterday, 10:02am

No Mao Junyi(MB)? I remember Tomen saying she was injured a couple months ago. Is she still recovering or was her injury too serious to continue playing volleyball?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the post above. I guess for the young girls participating in an older category it'll will be a good learning experience.