You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male
  • "Matthias" started this thread

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 5:56pm

Looks like some troubles are ahead: according to a newspaper from Stuttgart, several Bundesliga clubs (mostly Stuttgart, Dresden and Wiesbaden) are unhappy about Koslowski double role as NT coach and coach of Schwerin and demand that this ends. They say that they have worse chances to sign German talents because they prefer to go to Schwerin, thinking this will be better for their NT career. Schwerin's manager and Koslowski contradict this reproach.
The cue for this discussion is the recent transfer of Kimberly Drewniok, cancelling her contract with Wiesbaden one year early in order to sign with Schwerin. Wiesbaden's coach is very annoyed by that but Evers said that everything went the regular way and if Wiesbaden had refused to let her go they would have accepted it and signed her in 2019.

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: Zanetti Bergamo (Italy), Sesc-RJ (Brazil)NT: Italy, Holland, Serbia, USA, Germany (women); Brazil (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Kozuch, Klineman, Ortolani, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Thompson, Amanda

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 8:14pm

I can understand this questioning, honestly I dont really like coaches training club and Nt in same gender...I do think it makes an impact on how players approach the club. Even if its not intended, and even if the coach in question does not use that "advantage" in any form, it kind of makes a pressure on players. Its hard to refuse a proposal from NT coach, cause if its not Felix, Im pretty sure managers will raise that doubt so it makes harder to refuse it. The same happen in Brazil and in Turkey....I think its something it can be avoided

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 9:49pm

I can understand this questioning, honestly I dont really like coaches training club and Nt in same gender...I do think it makes an impact on how players approach the club. Even if its not intended, and even if the coach in question does not use that "advantage" in any form, it kind of makes a pressure on players. Its hard to refuse a proposal from NT coach, cause if its not Felix, Im pretty sure managers will raise that doubt so it makes harder to refuse it. The same happen in Brazil and in Turkey....I think its something it can be avoided
Totally agree. I would not complain if they were coaches in other countries, because the foreign rules could avoid an accumulation of high level players from the same nationality in the same club.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male
  • "Matthias" started this thread

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 11:43pm

The main problem is that DVV can't afford a full-time NT coach. Koslowski has a regular contract for the whole year as coach of Schwerin and only a fee contract (Google translator tells me that this is the term :D ) with DVV, that means he only gets paid for the actual work he does from May till October there. In other words that means that Schwerin still pays him also from May till October even though he doesn't really "work" for them in that period, so they also have a disadvantage by him being NT coach.

And taking the thought further, assistant coaches of NT then also shouldn't be allowed as coaches in VBL. Saskia van Hintum managed to get Denise Imoudu and Lisa Gründing to Aachen now that she's NT assistant, why do Stuttgart and Dresden not complain about that as well?

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:16am

The main problem is that DVV can't afford a full-time NT coach. Koslowski has a regular contract for the whole year as coach of Schwerin and only a fee contract (Google translator tells me that this is the term :D ) with DVV, that means he only gets paid for the actual work he does from May till October there. In other words that means that Schwerin still pays him also from May till October even though he doesn't really "work" for them in that period, so they also have a disadvantage by him being NT coach.

And taking the thought further, assistant coaches of NT then also shouldn't be allowed as coaches in VBL. Saskia van Hintum managed to get Denise Imoudu and Lisa Gründing to Aachen now that she's NT assistant, why do Stuttgart and Dresden not complain about that as well?
But DVV can afford Giani's contract. I don't think that contract is cheap.

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: Zanetti Bergamo (Italy), Sesc-RJ (Brazil)NT: Italy, Holland, Serbia, USA, Germany (women); Brazil (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Kozuch, Klineman, Ortolani, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Thompson, Amanda

Monday, June 11th 2018, 5:13am

Totally agree. I would not complain if they were coaches in other countries, because the foreign rules could avoid an accumulation of high level players from the same nationality in the same club.

Yeah, that is a situation I could get on board with too, its better than in their own country for sure...but still I think I'd prefer if they didnt coach same gender.

Social bookmarks