You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header
  • "Rains" started this thread

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, April 13th 2018, 8:14pm

Italian NT 2018

Expected Lineup:

Outside Hitter
Juantorena
Lanza(Only a titular if Juantorena is unavailable or if Zaytsev is not a receiver)
Antonov(He is in better shape than Lanza)
Randazzo(Good season but still questionable)
~Botto, Raffaelli(Reliable substitute),Maruotti

Middle Blocker
Mazzonne(Best of the season imo)
Anzani
Piano
Polo(I think he needs to build more muscles or is he just naturally lanky?)
~Ricci(massive upside,untapped potential) Galassi, Cester(Said he's going beach volley for the summer so we will see).

Setter
Giannelli(worst season in ages but it's expected with Trento's badly constructed roster)
Sbertoli(If healthy)
Spirito(He's a weaker Giannelli with better hands)
~Travica,Baranowicz(If they like the bench role)

Opposite
Zaytsev(a possible universal)
Sabbi
~Nelli(Inconsitent but can serve as a blocker or server if it's his lucky night)
Vettori :gone:
Argenta(not quite the same after his injury and unknown connection with Giannelli)

Libero
Colaci
Rossini
~Balaso
Pesaresi
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Favourite Players: Micah Christenson

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 10:51am

Previously, the Italian volleyball federation said that Cester would play beach volleyball with Carambula. But, carambula has already fill to play with Pasquale Gabriele in rest of major tournament in this season.

I think Carambula can't wait Cester anymore. He will miss a half of major tournament. That also mean he will miss World Championship next year.

Ryu Takamiya

Intermediate

• "Ryu Takamiya" is male

Favourite Team: Men:Russia/Serbia/France Women:Japan/Russia/Serbia

Favourite Players: M.Nagaoka Y.Ishii Goncharova Gamova Shashkova Fetisova Walewska Centoni Del Core Rasic Ognjenovic Castillo Malova

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 12:35pm

Simone Parodi retired from NT ?
He is still a good/solid OH IMO.

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 12:45pm

IMHO Cester and Anzani are the best italian middles this season. They shall be the starters on the NT. It doesn't make sense playing beach volley.
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 3:10pm

IMHO Cester and Anzani are the best italian middles this season. They shall be the starters on the NT. It doesn't make sense playing beach volley.

Daniele Mazzone outplayed Maxwell Holt in Modena and he played less matches. The only point where the american outplayed Mazzone is his serve.

In my opinion... Max Holt is better than Anzani and Cester so Mazzone is the best middle blocker of Italy this season. :drink:

I feel Alberto Polo had a much stronger season than Anzani and Cester but it's always different when you play for a big club.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Apr 14th 2018, 3:24pm)

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 6:23pm

I think they should definitely have Polo on the roster. Also crazy how thin Italy is on outside hitters right now.

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 6:51pm

I think they should definitely have Polo on the roster. Also crazy how thin Italy is on outside hitters right now.

Well the problem is on both wings and the middle blocker. I think the outside hitter is not that bad with Zaytsev and Randazzo improving in their position. That adds a lot more depth.

The opposite is probably the worst position for Italy. After Zaytsev, you got Sabbi,Vettori,Nelli and Argenta and I still consider Fei being above those 4. :white: I was a little hopeful that Nelli and Argenta will be good at first when the season started but towards the end... I'm not sure anymore.

Middle Blocker is a problem in eternity that was normalized. None of those Italian MB would make it to the NT of other great volleyball nations as a starter except for France. That's just how regular they are. :gone:

I think Polo AKA Kylo Ren culd be great though. I'm just not sure if he could sustain his growth with his body type. He's quick though.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rains" (Apr 14th 2018, 7:00pm)

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 7:20pm

Well the problem is on both wings and the middle blocker. I think the outside hitter is not that bad with Zaytsev and Randazzo improving in their position. That adds a lot more depth.

The opposite is probably the worst position for Italy. After Zaytsev, you got Sabbi,Vettori,Nelli and Argenta and I still consider Fei being above those 4. :white: I was a little hopeful that Nelli and Argenta will be good at first when the season started but towards the end... I'm not sure anymore.

Middle Blocker is a problem in eternity that was normalized. None of those Italian MB would make it to the NT of other great volleyball nations as a starter except for France. That's just how regular they are. :gone:

I think Polo AKA Kylo Ren culd be great though. I'm just not sure if he could sustain his growth with his body type. He's quick though.

Seriously? :white:

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 7:39pm

Seriously? :white:

Well... how many italian opposites in Superlega are starters in their squads? It's a shortlist. Vettori would make the top 5 any day. :teach:

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 8:03pm

There is no need for Vettori, when you just need 2 opposites and you have Zaytzev and Nelli (+ Sabbi and Argenta on the wide roster).

Seriously, the guy is having a nightmare season (there are even rumors about an year off or a retirement). People in Trentino cry every single game thinking about Nelli. The moment the estonian guy took the position over from him, the team started playing a way more consistent volley. Vettori is 26 and he's nowhere consistent yet.

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 8:48pm

Simone Parodi retired from NT ?
He is still a good/solid OH IMO.

There are matches he can be very excellent but I don't think he'll be consistent or healthy enough for the NT season. It's quite longer than before and I feel it is wise for Blengini to give the chance to younger players instead.