World Championships 2010

• all roads lead to Rome :lol:

Actually all roads lead out of Rome. Romans build the roads to help their expansion :lol:

• all these players are bench players except Aleksiev... IMO it's shameful to lose from Czechs, just compare their first six and Bulgaria first six :what: Can you compare Kaziyski and Platenik or Nikolov and Stokr :what: Czechs don't have experience on WC, most of them playing in mediocre clubs etc. they are good squad but far away from Bul... Zhekov is crap setter, no need to mention this again, middle blockers not doin their job, poor defense.. it will be very hard to reach 3rd round groups with these performances...

I can compare Platenik and Konstatinov and definitely Stokr and Nikolov. Stokr made almost all points for his team in Italy, like machine, he has incredible physical data also. Zhekov is great setter, who played bad game against Czech. He was better than Pujol against France.

• Brazil, Poland and Bulgaria in one group! Let's dethrone the current champion in this phase :lol:

• Shame on you Serbians! Hope you will finish this tournament on this round and will end up out of top 8. Hope that Italians will end up the same. Go Poland and show what the sport is!:)

• In Fiba Basketball championship 2010 in Turkey, Greece basketball team lost to Russian basketball team on purpose to avoid facing Spain basketball team at next phase.But interestingly They had to face Spain at next phase and they were eliminated by Spanish. :lol:

If Serbia lost on purpose, this is immoral.(I didnt see Serbian team that good at first round already) :down:
    (Btw,We beat İtalian team 3-0 at our home in the process of european championship elimination round.)

Congratulations Cuba,They are so young and strong.Hernadez was great against Brazil.What a performance and condition by him! And Leon,oh my eyes! He is just 17 :what: :cheesy:
    I support Cuban Team, GO CUBA!!!!! :box:

• Serbians didn't look like winning the game yesterday... It is good, they di

Hello from famous Polish town named - Trieste :lol: :rolll:

You made that town like your own, it was quite shocking to see all that white-red crowd, volley fanatics :obey:

Since i watched from the hall all 6 games, i must say people got pretty wrong impression about what happened there, especially with serbs. About first day everything ok, but then balcan syndrom destroyed Serbs, and volley doctor coach Hoag just took offered. You must know Miljkovic and Grbic almost were sleeping on court during warm-up and when you add Miljko and some players came home @7am that morning :drink: it is so obvious why they played like they did. And when alarm was fired, it was already too late, Hoag took the game in his hands and with some remarkable subs (Duff especially) Serbs lost deservedly.

Then we came to day 3, many people saying funny stuff, mostly cause 99% are not informed knowing that point ratio is 1st criteria. Then Serbia should loose 32 pts to be 3rd, what is impossible and it is only logic to play full strength. Warm up was very serious etc...But when you want it, you get your punishment for earlier behavior - Miljkovic played worst game ever and it is obvious his form and attitude for game is 0, reflectance of his behaviour off court and to his team.

So there was nothing even doubtful, Serbia played best they can atm, I'm sure in team relations are pretty tense right now, and it is what they deserve afterall with (and if - but really dont doubt that) everything above mentioned is true...

• Since i watched from the hall all 6 games, i must say people got pretty wrong impression about what happened there, especially with serbs. About first day everything ok, but then balcan syndrom destroyed Serbs, and volley doctor coach Hoag just took offered. You must know Miljkovic and Grbic almost were sleeping on court during warm-up and when you add Miljko and some players came home @7am that morning :drink: it is so obvious why they played like they did. And when alarm was fired, it was already too late

Well. I don't know. Maybe you are right. But Polish players were saying, that Serbians' bahaviour was pretty strange (and they didn't mean somnoless or tiredness), that they were checking results in other pools during the game, so they could avoid some opponent... Probably only Serbs do know what was truth.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I just watched Poland - Serbia match and fully agree with Raul about Serbia :drink: Miljković is unrecognizable, Starović misses the clean attacks, Stanković & Podraščanin are nowhere, Kovačević is main target of the opponents serve... surely they underestimated Canada but with Poland they played full strenght. Miljković looks like he is without motivation, making incredibile mistakes in attack and obviously something is wrong with him, maybe even within Serbian team..

I must congratulate Poland on excellent performances here :drink: Kurek is unstoppable, Winiarski plays like in his best days in Trentino, Zagumny prooved once again he is world class setter :obey: when you add that Wlazly is totally out of form (hope he will be at his level in next round) I think Poland have good chances to advance from group N. Bul is pathetic atm, Brazil is stunned with Marlon situation ( hope he will recover fast :super: ) and not playing very good here and maybe they lost Murilo... IMO everything will depend on Poland, better to say can they keep this level of play, If they can they will be first in this ''death group'' :whistle:

• I just watched Poland - Serbia match and fully agree with Raul about Serbia :drink: Miljković is unrecognizable, Starović misses the clean attacks, Stanković & Podraščanin are nowhere, Kovačević is main target of the opponents serve... surely they underestimated Canada but with Poland they played full strenght. Miljković looks like he is without motivation, making incredibile mistakes in attack and obviously something is wrong with him, maybe even within Serbian team..

I must congratulate Poland on excellent performances here :drink: Kurek is unstoppable, Winiarski plays like in his best days in Trentino, Zagumny prooved once again he is world class setter :obey: when you add that Wlazly is totally out of form (hope he will be at his level in next round) I think Poland have good chances to advance from group N. Bul is pathetic atm, Brazil is stunned with Marlon situation ( hope he will recover fast :super: ) and not playing very good here and maybe they lost Murilo... IMO everything will depend on Poland, better to say can they keep this level of play, If they can they will be first in this ''death group'' :whistle:

You really didn't see, that all Serbians made it intentionally? Milijkovic showed how big star he is... shame!
    Serbians made 40 errors, team on so high level don't makes it at main tournament.

• You really didn't see, that all Serbians made it intentionally? Milijkovic showed how big star he is... shame!
    Serbians made 40 errors, team on so high level don't makes it at main tournament.

they played best as they can in this moment IMO. just look their preparation matches and results... seems return of Miljković disrupted harmony in team. Win against Germany was just flash, nothing more. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Serbia will play better in next matches, they're lucky to have Mexico in group..

• I'm so glad that our guys won yesterday. I don't care how Serbians played. They just proved yesterday that they're pathetic, fearful team without character. Guys I'm so proud of u, your attitiude is just great! :heart:
    Yesterday I really liked Winiarski again and Bartman! Michał is still serving very good, I hope he will keep it up! Bartman substituted Kurek really well. I hope he will get another chance to play and show that he's really good player.
    I liked also Zagumny, he was finally setting very well :)
    Hmm...so we're again in 'death group', but I believe in our guys, they can make really good result, but they just have to be very consistent and always play 100 % no matter what. Come on guys!!! :super:

• they played best as they can in this moment IMO. just look their preparation matches and results... seems return of Miljković disrupted harmony in team. Win against Germany was just flash, nothing more. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Serbia will play better in next matches, they're lucky to have Mexico in group..

Yeah... i don't doubt, that they will play better in next phase, because the have to.
    Do you know what Serbians were doing yesterday at training? They were playing football, if we can call it football... It was clear, that looser will play against Cuba/Brazil and Mexico, and winner Cuba/Brazil and Bulgaria. Big difference. And I won't ever forget how Milijkovic spiked at clear net few metres out. It was embarrassing. Even Polish players said that.

• Yeah... i don't doubt, that they will play better in next phase, because the have to.
    Do you know what Serbians were doing yesterday at training? They were playing football, if we can call it football... It was clear, that looser will play against Cuba/Brazil and Mexico, and winner Cuba/Brazil and Bulgaria. Big difference. And I won't ever forget how Milijkovic spiked at clear net few metres out. It was embarrassing. Even Polish players said that.

When Miljkovic did that during set 2. they couldn't know final score of Brazil-Cuba so he did not spike it intenionally. Or you think they could know :rolll: Why would Kolakovic bench him if it was purpose? You all are minoring fact that he was out drunk evening before, maybe he is in shape in bar also, but it doesn't look like it, not vs Canada and not vs Poland. both those games Serbia wanted to win, why would coach bring in players which weren't on warm up. Don't see some big world conspiracy where it doesnt exist. it isnt only poland game, look day before....

P.S football is usual way of warming up. ask Germans... or any handball team....i cant believe what am i reading :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: 9/11 theory in volley :gone:

• When Miljkovic did that during set 2. they couldn't know final score of Brazil-Cuba so he did not spike it intenionally.

Nah... Of course. Let us be serious... I personally was talking about general Serbian attitude in this game - they looked they didn't care much bout the result. They didn't know Brazil-Cuba result, but knew, that 2nd team from our group would play Mexico instead of Bulgaria - and it IS the difference.
    OK - no matter how it really was: Poland is able to beat both Brazil and Bulgaria at the moment. I believe it is possible.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• After first round, here are my views I was surprised that the US had problems with Mexico in the first game, but over came them to advance.

Japan is just lucky to be in the second round. They are in a group that could get them to the third round. If they beat Argentina???

Cuba is playing really well and should sweep their group. Serbia should have taken the Canada more seriously and almost paid for it.

Poland took care of business in group F and get rewarded with Brazil and Bulgaria. Should beat Bulgaria, but not Brazil.

Two African teams into the second round!!! Egypt should be Spain to go to third round.

Asian volleyball for men has reached a new low. Iran or Japan would have been the only ones to go through because they were in the same group.

• Nah... Of course. Let us be serious... I personally was talking about general Serbian attitude in this game - they looked they didn't care much bout the result. They didn't know Brazil-Cuba result, but knew, that 2nd team from our group would play Mexico instead of Bulgaria - and it IS the difference.
    OK - no matter how it really was: Poland is able to beat both Brazil and Bulgaria at the moment. I believe it is possible.

Agree with that. But what i saw i cant see some reserves in their play. Miljkovic is out of shape/or hell of an actor, Kovacevic is keeping pace with him, Stankovic is maybe slowest/weakest game "reader" of all MB in big teams - he is always late, efficient only on attacks on middle of the net, only guy i'm impressed with is Bojan Janic game vs germans, he played like a volley doctor and professor. Hats of for that game. Podrascanin missing lots of serve. Overall conclusion, miracle should happen for them to be serious contender for anything important here. If it turn out opposite, they should all get actor's diploma for all they did so far :)

• one question...
    in the next groupphase: will only the third be out of the tournament, so the first two will advance ?