Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• France is 17 in the world ranking, 3 teams will qualify through world cup, 5 teams through continental tournaments to that is 8 out of the top teams. So there are 9 teams left before France, I don't know how many teams will participate in these world qualifications, but I guess France has a much better chance to participate on such a tourney then the rest of European teams like Belguim.

• France lose to Belgium!!!
    France 2-3 Belgium (19-25, 25-22, 24-26, 25-23, 12-15)
    Do they have any other chance to fight for OG?

they played 2 matches last week both finished 3.2, one for France other for Belgium...so not big surprise for me. French coach Blain is very bad, I dont know why he still has FFVB support.

• puhhhhh, first set to the czechs.(25-19). Schöps started, but is already substituted for Grozer. 4 or 5 direct faults in reception from easy serves is simply too much.

• they played 2 matches last week both finished 3.2, one for France other for Belgium...so not big surprise for me. French coach Blain is very bad, I dont know why he still has FFVB support.

Deroo is playing an incredible tournament. Finally, Belgium has an outside hitter that can score in difficult situations (Hoho was never replaced addequately, unitl now).
    He's also very confident in "pipe"-attack, stable in reception and serving consistently.
    Deroo is a bonus, compared to the games Belgium played in the past European Championship, where Verhanneman played on his position.

In game against France, host team was dominated completely in the middle (Raymaeckers: 7/14 - 2 errors Verhees: 10/17 - 0 errors - 6 blocks <-> Hardy-Dessouses 5/8 Sol: 3/3 - 3 blocks).
    On top: Rouzier wasn't contributing 9 winning attacks, 8 errors/blocks.

To summarize: no real excuses for France, at this point they don't have a very well balanced line-up.
    They're always doing great in youth and junior tournaments, they should have upcoming talent to fill in the gaps in their current line-up.

For what's concerned today's final, I'm afraid Germany will be too tough a challenge for Belgium.

• The yellow card for Kooistra is typical for Dutch NT today. They killed themselves today, in a very silly way. (horrible amount service-errors, missed chances at decisive moments - end 4th set, and too much unforced erros).

Besides, Benne is to blame; for sending an absolute nobody like Trommel in court. Ok, Maan was bad, but Trommel is even much worse. Benne did the same in Finland-game.

"Killed by themselves": why is that always the Dutch excuse when they loose in a game to a supposedly weaker team?
    Croatia won fair and square.

• So Spain and Finland already qualified for Bulgaria and today (16.00 CET) i hope my guys can follow.

But since they still look quite unstable in parts of the match that might become a close match. There is nothing safe for Germany nowadays :S . Germany has to maintain their good service performance and Kromm and Andrae have to start to receive a little better. So far it looks like Kampa has problems with connecting to his opposites. Neither Grozer nor Schöps were very impressive yet.

Unfortunateley i can' t watch, but i hope to read some comments here, when coming back :wavy:

• If any European team will take ticket to London at World Cup which team will be playing at European Qualifications for them?

I think it should be the best teams in pre-qualification tournaments. Maybe depends on match/sets won.

Congrats to Germany and wellcome in Sofia :wavy:
    So far we have: Bulgaria, Spain, Finland, Germany and I think it is safe to say also Serbia.

• Unfortunateley i can' t watch, but i hope to read some comments here, when coming back :wavy:

It was a nice game overall, Belguim took an early lead in set 2 and 3 (I've only watched the match at the end of 1 set) but they couldn't manage to keep their lead and Germany tight at second TTO. Then Belguim missed some serves and at the end of second at 23-23 Germany served 2 aces and got 2 sets lead. 3rd set there was an insane rally with many exchanges, don't know how much, some amazing defences by Tille :obey: and at the end of that rally Belguim spiked out :( . Very dissapointing end for them. Overall Belguim is a really nice team, but Germany seemed more confident and experienced and just took the important points at the end of each sets. :)

• Yeah, nadejda summarized the game nicely. There was maybe only one 3-0 result in the tournament in France so far, so I expected a more balanced final, but Germany was the better side at the end of the 2nd and 3rd sets. I am still curious how Belgium managed to surprise France, maybe also the French team is not really the team we know, but with the young guys and Depestele Belgium is not a team to underestimate. I was expecting Finland, France and Slovakia to qualify for Sofia, only Finland made it, Slovakia, to me, is the biggest disappointment, in front of their home crowd they were just obliged to make it through, especially when they have beaten Spain so many times in the European League recently. A nice qualification round for sure. It would be great if anyone managed to record something, because we saw cool games after all, probably the ones I missed are also worth watching.

• Yeah, nadejda summarized the game nicely. There was maybe only one 3-0 result in the tournament in France so far, so I expected a more balanced final, but Germany was the better side at the end of the 2nd and 3rd sets. I am still curious how Belgium managed to surprise France, maybe also the French team is not really the team we know, but with the young guys and Depestele Belgium is not a team to underestimate. I was expecting Finland, France and Slovakia to qualify for Sofia, only Finland made it, Slovakia, to me, is the biggest disappointment, in front of their home crowd they were just obliged to make it through, especially when they have beaten Spain so many times in the European League recently. A nice qualification round for sure. It would be great if anyone managed to record something, because we saw cool games after all, probably the ones I missed are also worth watching.

Slovakia still has a good chance to qualify if both Poland and Russia goes through the World Cup.

• Guys, do you know how these 3 world qualification tournaments will be organized? I mean how many teams will participate? Any continental quotas, ect...?
    Does France stand a chance to qualify at one of them?

• I found an information, which says, that if any team from Europe will qualify to London at WC, 2nd team from pre-qualification tournament will go by this team. But we had 3 tournaments and runner-ups are Slovakia, Slovenia and Belgium. And maybe as like in woman's case, CEV ranking will decide and it looks like: 1. Slovakia, 2. Slovenia, 3. Belgium. Am I right?
    I would look like France has no more chances for ticket to London, despite, that it 1st European Team in FIVB ranking without any chance in main tournament.

• it was a nice game overall, Belguim took an early lead in set 2 and 3 (I've anly watched the match at the end of 1 set) but they couldn't manage to keep their lead and Germany tigh at second TTO. Then Belguim missed some serves and at the end of second at 23-23 Germany served 2 aces and got 2 sets lead. 3rd set there was an insane rally with many exchanges, don't know how much, some amazing defences by Tille :obey: and at the end of that rally Belguim spiked out :( . Very dissapointing end for them. Overall Belguim is a really nice team, but Germany seemd more confident and experienced and just took the importants points at the end of each sets. :)

:dance4:
    Thank you guys for your comments. It seems, they finally managed to play on a good level for whole three sets and handled their nerves in the crunch time. Thats a progress.
    The whole tournament wasn't always "in style" but in the end they did what they had to do: win this tournament and qualify :thumbup: .

• Since the 12 best teams in the world still not qualified for OG will play the world qualifications, France will play them as long as there is not too many surprises in continental tournaments, and winners such as Canada, Tunisia, or Colombia that are currently behind France in the ranking.

France is currently 17th in the ranking, so if there is not much changes (Japan will probably get ahead after World Cup, but maybe Puerto-Rico will get behind), France has really good chances to play a world tournament.

• Since the 12 best teams in the world still not qualified for OG will play the world qualifications, France will play them as long as there is not too many surprises in continental tournaments, and winners such as Canada, Tunisia, or Colombia that are currently behind France in the ranking.

France is currently 17th in the ranking, so if there is not much changes (Japan will probably get ahead after World Cup, but maybe Puerto-Rico will get behind), France has really good chances to play a world tournament.

no, it's not like that

http://www.fivb.org/viewHeadlines.asp?No=33096&Language=en

The nine additional teams will be split as per the following: 3 Europe, 2 Asia, 2 NORCECA, 1 South America, 1 Africa.

3 teams from Europe beside Italy and Germany will play in these tournaments. only European teams matter for France in this Ranking.
    World Ranking for European teams:
    RUS
    ITA
    SRB
    BUL
    POL
    GER
    FRA
    CZE

France most probably will play in one of these tournaments. It is unlikely to not happen ! even Czech Republic have a good chance.

• wow, that's great! so basically Czech could have a good chance if both Poland and Russia qualify through the World Cup!

If not Stokr I would support Czechs more than I do :aww:

• I found an information, which says, that if any team from Europe will qualify to London at WC, 2nd team from pre-qualification tournament will go by this team. But we had 3 tournaments and runner-ups are Slovakia, Slovenia and Belgium. And maybe as like in woman's case, CEV ranking will decide and it looks like: 1. Slovakia, 2. Slovenia, 3. Belgium. Am I right?
    I would look like France has no more chances for ticket to London, despite, that it 1st European Team in FIVB ranking without any chance in main tournament.

That's true. If Poland, Russia and Italy qualify (assuming Serbia won't) through world Cup, Slovakia, Slovenia and Belguim will play in Sofia. In that case the teams from Europe occupaing the top places in world ranking will also have chances at the world qualies. These will be France, Czech and Spain.