European League 2012

• So where are they? In the A team? Sorry i'm not well informed, but i don't have enough time to do so and i'm concentrated in our team. I think Naz is from that generation :what:

To make things clear:

Naz Aydemir-Asuman Karakoyun-Polen Uslupehlivan-Büşra Cansu- Melis Gürkaynak and Gözde Yılmaz are from 1990-1991 generation who were silver medalist at Youth World Championship and bronze medalist at Junior European Championship

Ezgi Dağdelenler-Gamze Alikaya-Ceren Kestirengöz-Buse Kayacan-Gizem Örge-Özge Nur Yurdagülen-Dicle Nur Babat are from 1992-1993 generation who were 5-6th place in Youth and Junior European Championships

Çağla Akın, Damla Çakıroğlu, Şeyma Ercan, Kübra Akman, Ceylar Arısan, Dilara Bağcı and Ece Hocaoğlu are from 1993-1995 generation who were champion at both Youth European and World Championship. :cup: These players will play Junior European Championship this year at Turkey again :whistle: From this generation only Ceylan Arısan (MB) is in European League roster. Also Kübra Akman (1996 cm) were 15 players roster but didn't get to final roster :down: Damla Çakıroğlu, who is the MVP of Youth World Championship and probably the most talented player of this generation with Catherina Bosetti, got injuried seriously in a league match almost 6 months ago ;( And still in recovery process.
    Dilara Bağcı (libero) is also very promising player and she has already played most of matchs of iller Bankası in last season. However trainer choose more experienced players Buse and Gizem :whistle:

• Thank you for this summary :drink: :flower:

• To make things clear:

Ezgi Dağdelenler-Gamze Alikaya-Ceren Kestirengöz-Buse Kayacan-Gizem Örge-Özge Nur Yurdagülen-Dicle Nur Babat are from 1992-1993 generation who were 5-6th place in Youth and Junior European Championships

I remember those girls. The were 4th place at youth world championships 2009. Ceren Kestirengöz was a really good OPP player.

• Ezgi Dağdelenler didn't play in Girls Youth WCh though. Ezgi Arslan and Damla Çakıroğlu (MVP of last youth WCh) were there instead ^^

• Ezgi Dağdelenler didn't play in Girls Youth WCh though. Ezgi Arslan and Damla Çakıroğlu (MVP of last youth WCh) were there instead ^^

Well it has passed three years and their names are a little difficult to remember to me hehe. :)

• Thank you for this summary :drink: :flower:

You are welcome :drink: One question for you, most of talented player of NED team is from 1990-1991 generation, but did they get any good result in their youth or junior age? If not what was the reason, do they develop only last years :teach:

• You are welcome :drink: One question for you, most of talented player of NED team is from 1990-1991 generation, but did they get any good result in their youth or junior age? If not what was the reason, do they develop only last years :teach:

The best result is the 7th place at WYCH in Mexico (2009), if my memory is right. Buijs, Sloetjes, Dijkema, Koolhaas and Knip were in Mexico-roster. De Kruijf wasn't because she was already in senior-roster. Germany became champion in Mexico.

• The best result is the 7th place at WYCH in Mexico (2009), if my memory is right. Buijs, Sloetjes, Dijkema, Koolhaas and Knip were in Mexico-roster. De Kruijf wasn't because she was already in senior-roster. Germany became champion in Mexico.

Actually I have checked that Nedherland didn't manage to qualify youth championship but they were 6th in junior world (2009) in mexico (Turkey was 7th indeed) But it seems Blansjaar was the main setter of team at that time, what happen then and Djkema manage to get A team whereas Blansjaar not ?( And what happened to other starter players of that generation? Such as Sharon Zuidema, Jeanine Stoeten, Anouk Timmer, Quirine Oosterveld and Esther van Berkel :teach:

• Actually I have checked that Nedherland didn't manage to qualify youth championship but they were 6th in junior world (2009) in mexico (Turkey was 7th indeed) But it seems Blansjaar was the main setter of team at that time, what happen then and Djkema manage to get A team whereas Blansjaar not ?( And what happened to other starter players of that generation? Such as Sharon Zuidema, Jeanine Stoeten, Anouk Timmer, Quirine Oosterveld and Esther van Berkel :teach:

Sharon was suffering from illnes( anorexia),she was one of the most promising girls in that selection. Jeanine was in trainingsselection of NT, and I think she's one of the girls we will see coming years in NT. Quirine is playing in Alterno, Esther in Sliedrecht, both players are ( I think) to small for the level of NT.
    Blansjaar isn't good enough for NT ( my opinion).

• how will the tournament go forward? (there are 3 pools) what is the formula?

As Czech Republic is the host of the final 4 they are already qualified so the best team from that group other then the Czech Rep. and the first team from the other two groups will qualify.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Thank you! Good news for the Dutchies :D

Now that I have read that source as well I got a bit confused. The link you used as reference (http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tition.aspx?ID=564&PID=-1) states that:

"In case that three pools of 4 teams each are played and in case the organizer is among the 1st ranked teams, the 1st ranked teams as well as the 2nd ranked team with the best score qualify for the Final Round. If the organizer is not among the 1st ranked teams, then exclusively the 1st ranked teams will qualify for the Final Round." - this would mean for me that if Czech Rep would win their group then the best second team would qualify (which would not necessarily be The Netherlands).

But in this other source (link: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…2&Sd=1/1/1900&Ed=1/1/1900) it clearly states that: "The Czech Republic is already pre-qualified for the final four that will take place in Karlovy Vary in early July, and hence shall the Czechs finish atop of the standings in Pool C, also the second ranked team from that group will advance to the last stage of the competition. Together with the Czechs, the Netherlands stand out as the pre-favorite of the group after they recently delivered a good job at the Olympic qualifying event in Ankara, Turkey."

So then this two sources do not tell the same necessarily, even though the Netherlands has good chances to be the best 2nd ranked team, but not sure if they will be second in their group that they will be the best second team overall.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Confused now...

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!