Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• Really? I thought she was the main setter in the past big competitions. Didn't know that. sorry :aww:

• Do you guys think Wei will make it to Rio? And if she does will she be on bench? I still think she is one of the world's best..

If she does get selected to Rio, it will be a huge accomplishment for her, 3 Olympics is great

I believe Wei will be selected for Rio OG, she's still great after recovery from her injury. I think she remains be the main setter for the Chinese team for some time to come regardless the strong presence of Shen and Ding. Let's see in WGP.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• My favorite player in this tournament, the new star, Gong Xiang-yu, 19 yo, is named as the best opposite :heart: :heart: happy for her

while the MVP goes to the recently recovered captain, Hui Ruo-qi.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Montreux Volleyball Masters 2016
    Date: May 31, 2016 - June 05, 2016
    Venue: Pierrier Sports Hall, Montreux, Switzerland

Final Standings and Individual Awards:

• Hattaya among the best MBs instead of Pleumjit??? :wall:

Other than that, I'm surprised that all awards went to the finalist teams, but overall they look good. Maybe Plak could have been one of the OHs instead of Hui who got MVP because at least in attack Plak was outstanding.

• Hattaya among the best MBs instead of Pleumjit??? :wall:

Other than that, I'm surprised that all awards went to the finalist teams, but overall they look good. Maybe Plak could have been one of the OHs instead of Hui who got MVP because at least in attack Plak was outstanding.

Agree that the individual awards should be more distributed instead of concentrated on the finalist teams, the organizer should have broader considerations beyond the pure technical matters. I was rather surprised that all the individual awards went to the finalists only.

• I really like Fatma !!! And also both MBs...

Do you think Hande is already better than Güldeniz?

Oh no, I think Hande is replacing the spot of Neriman/Seda etc, while Fatma is replacing Gözde S/Guldeniz's spot. I think Hande is better than Neriman and Seda right now, she also showed it during the season with her club, playing in starting 6 while Neriman was mostly at bench. Fatma's receiving worries me time to time but she is 10 times more explosive than Guldeniz, she does remind me Fe Garay a bit :box:

• She was at the last WCH definetly.

• i don't think wei played at either the last WCup or WCh. i think shen jingsi was the starter for both?

Wei Qiuyue played at the last World Cup, yet just in brief appearances and at the less decisive moments, the backbone setters at that time were Shen Jingsi and Ding Xia. She was just recovered, not pretty long by then. Can't remember about the last WCh.

• Wei Qiuyue played at the last World Cup, yet just in brief appearances and at the less decisive moments, the backbone setters at that time were Shen Jingsi and Ding Xia. She was just recovered, not pretty long by then. Can't remember about the last WCh.

Wei was the starting setter for China at the WCH in 2014, and than made it to WC 2015 only because Hui was injured.. She was the 3rd setter