Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• :P :lol:

And one thing...she gets so much criticism, so I think she should also get praise when she deserves it: I think Stoltenborg plays a very good

Omg, did you just say something good about a setter? :P :lol:

• The Dutch surrogate coach is rather funny (while the real one is sitting there relaxedly), his mostly heard instructions are those simple ones: okay okay, more...more...or the like... don't see any meticulous tactical advice unlike other coaches, even the stylish Ferhat is still holding something (tech thing or paper) to explain to the players

Btw i wonder what's the tournament prize money for the gold, silver, bronze winners and other participants

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I feel sorry for Rexona. Buijs is a great player but has too many ups and downs. And she is not that young.
    On the other hand, at least she is not worse than Plak.

By the way, Femke's sets are exactly the opposite of what they should be. She always sets to where the block is closer to...

• Guidetti is pathetic there just sitting and laughing .

• God, Knip is terrible :aww: She's receiving almost worse than Plak :!:

And another challenge joke :wall: Pietersen's fingers clearly moved and it says "no touch" :aww: :aww: :aww:

I think Kirstin is out of the picture now...

• The summary and test results of this tournament for Turkey are:

Middles: Asli > Özgenur > Kubra. Kubra is so slow in blocking, she simply is 1 meter away from where the attack is happening almost all the time. Besides, she did not make it to the slides either, mainly because she was being lazy. Someone must tell/show her that she is not irreplaceable. Özgenur was relatively more decent, makes it to the block and attack all the time, but she lacks discipline, she is not aggressive enough to make strong blocks or she does not attack to kill the ball. Asli was far the best MB Turkey tried in this tournament. She was always on the place for blocking, she was always ready to attack, I especially loved the way she attacked in a transition ball, taking a step back after blocking and jumping for a short or distance quick and killing all the time. After a long time, I saw that Naz was enjoying a lot to setting a MB. Asli is clearly not Rasic, but her game style is similar, only lacking height. Turkish NT has many slider MBs today: Eda, Kubra, Özgenur, Ceylan and kinda Busra but was lacking a MB who could attack from front, looks like we found one.

Opposites: Polen > Melis D. Melis did not make a good impression in the entire tournament when she came in, but I really liked her final match performance. Polen is better but she simply can't take responsibility when it is needed.

OHs: Hande>Fatma>Gözde Yilmaz. Hande is simply amazing, she can hit like a boss and receives decent as well. She has a way to go and improve her defense skills and hit with less error but she is the biggest hope we have for that position. Fatma started bad but got better and better and in the last two matches, she was incredible. I don't think we will need Guldeniz when she plays like this and now Gözde Sonsirma can rest a bit as well until Fatma's performance drops badly. Gözde Yilmaz is a disaster. How can a player forget how to spike in a year? Her level seems to drop far too much in only a year, she can't spike, she can't receive and Ferhat was really pissed at her because she obviously does not follow the system in defense either. Eczacibasi must loan her to Sariyer or Idmanocagi, so she finds herself again, because right now NT does not need her when we have Hande & Neriman.

Setters: Naz is excellent. Nursevil started terrible, but found herself in the last 2 matches. She is too inconsistent and slow. But considering that she gets very few chances during the season with her own club, it was a questionable choice to invite her to the NT. I still think she can improve and get better, she needs more self confidence and training. In my opinion, the NT setter order should be: Naz>Gamze>Asuman>Cagla>Nursevil.

Liberos: Gizem Örge>Merve D. Merve was amazing in defense at times but her receiving harms the entire team's confidence.

Turkish NT should be like: Naz-Polen, Hande-Fatma, Eda-Asli, Gizem Örge. Bench: Gamze, Guldeniz, Neriman, Kubra, Özgenur, Merve D.

• I think Kirstin is out of the picture now...

100 % she will not make it to the OG...the same for Koolhaas of course.

Roster will be:

S: Dijkema. Stoltenborg
    Opp: Sloetjes
    MB: De Kruijf, Beliën, Steenbergen
    OH: Grothues, Buijs, Plak, Pietersen
    L: Stam-Pilon, Schoot

Today's match showed nothing new.

@ Matthias

Diemkoudre is already 23...

• Middles: Asli > Özgenur > Kubra. Kubra is so slow in blocking, she simply is 1 meter away from where the attack is happening almost all the time. Besides, she did not make it to the slides either, mainly because she was being lazy. Someone must tell/show her that she is not irreplaceable. Özgenur was relatively more decent, makes it to the block and attack all the time, but she lacks discipline, she is not aggressive enough to make strong blocks or she does not attack to kill the ball. Asli was far the best MB Turkey tried in this tournament. She was always on the place for blocking, she was always ready to attack, I especially loved the way she attacked in a transition ball, taking a step back after blocking and jumping for a short or distance quick and killing all the time. After a long time, I saw that Naz was enjoying a lot to setting a MB. Asli is clearly not Rasic, but her game style is similar, only lacking height. Turkish NT has many slider MBs today: Eda, Kubra, Özgenur, Ceylan and kinda Busra but was lacking a MB who could attack from front, looks like we found one.

Opposites: Polen > Melis D. Melis did not make a good impression in the entire tournament when she came in, but I really liked her final match performance. Polen is better but she simply can't take responsibility when it is needed.

OHs: Hande>Fatma>Gözde Yilmaz. Hande is simply amazing, she can hit like a boss and receives decent as well. She has a way to go and improve her defense skills and hit with less error but she is the biggest hope we have for that position. Fatma started bad but got better and better and in the last two matches, she was incredible. I don't think we will need Guldeniz when she plays like this and now Gözde Sonsirma can rest a bit as well until Fatma's performance drops badly. Gözde Yilmaz is a disaster. How can a player forget how to spike in a year? Her level seems to drop far too much in only a year, she can't spike, she can't receive and Ferhat was really pissed at her because she obviously does not follow the system in defense either. Eczacibasi must loan her to Sariyer or Idmanocagi, so she finds herself again, because right now NT does not need her when we have Hande & Neriman.

Setters: Naz is excellent. Nursevil started terrible, but found herself in the last 2 matches. She is too inconsistent and slow. But considering that she gets very few chances during the season with her own club, it was a questionable choice to invite her to the NT. I still think she can improve and get better, she needs more self confidence and training. In my opinion, the NT setter order should be: Naz>Gamze>Asuman>Cagla>Nursevil.

Liberos: Gizem Örge>Merve D. Merve was amazing in defense at times but her receiving harms the entire team's confidence.

Turkish NT should be like: Naz-Polen, Hande-Fatma, Eda-Asli, Gizem Örge. Bench: Gamze, Guldeniz, Neriman, Kubra, Özgenur, Merve D.[/quote]

I really like Fatma !!! And also both MBs...

Do you think Hande is already better than Güldeniz?

• I agree with you, Sander.

I think Beliën will pass De Kruijf's level within a few years as she's more balanced. Robin is more like a good attacker and her blocks are quite unstable while Yvon is good at both elements. After this season in Italy she will grow up even more as a complete player.

• I agree with you, Sander.

I think Beliën will pass De Kruijf's level within a few years as she's more balanced. Robin is more like a good attacker and her blocks are quite unstable while Yvon is good at both elements. After this season in Italy she will grow up even more as a complete player.

Yes, Yvon is better in all elements, except attacking. She has no weak points!

• Yeah, it's incredible how volleyball is loved in Thailand ^^
    I hope they somewhat manage to win the tournament.

• I guess the Chinese opposite hitter, Gong Xiang-yu (19 yo), will be the top scorer as well as the MVP, provided there're such nominations in this friendly tournament. She performs well through out the tournament.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Congratulations to the Chinese team for the gold medal (it's China's 6th gold medals in Montreux Volley Masters) :rose: Thailand for the silver and Turkey for the bronze.

I believe the real final for the Chinese team was yesterday's dramatic semifinal match against the Netherlands.

After all Montreux is still a cool, friendly tournament.

Now the attention is switched to some much grander event, the 2016 WGP :rolll:

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: addition ().

• Every where the same, folks, esp. the girls, are just crazy of taking selfies :-) lol

The Turks appear beautifully in their long hair :rose:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Do you guys think Wei will make it to Rio? And if she does will she be on bench? I still think she is one of the world's best..

I didnt understand your question. Hasn't Wei been the main setter for China for years now?