2012 Olympic Games

• De Gennaro subbed arrighetti instead of Croce? 8|

Italy did that as well against GBR and then Croce comes in for Bosetti instead.

So before the last day, the only things in Pool B that are certain are that Serbia will be last, USA will be 1st and the winner of CHN-KOR will advance for sure. If they play 5 sets, both will advance and I sooooo see this coming X(
    As much as Brazil struggles, I don't see them losing 2 sets against SRB, so they will have 7 pts with 3 victories. Turkey must win at least two sets vs USA and hope that CHN-KOR is a 3 point match for whoever wins it, but it just sucks that they depend on the other teams. But then, Turkey has only themselves to blame, they could have beaten both Brazil and China and they could have taken 3 pts from Korea...

• Motta realy bad coach :down: He just watching match he do nothing
    But i believe turkey will win 3-1 against usa
    good luck turkey =/

• Italy did that as well against GBR and then Croce comes in for Bosetti instead.

So before the last day, the only things in Pool B that are certain are that Serbia will be last, USA will be 1st and the winner of CHN-KOR will advance for sure. If they play 5 sets, both will advance and I sooooo see this coming X(
    As much as Brazil struggles, I don't see them losing 2 sets against SRB, so they will have 7 pts with 3 victories. Turkey must win at least two sets vs USA and hope that CHN-KOR is a 3 point match for whoever wins it, but it just sucks that they depend on the other teams. But then, Turkey has only themselves to blame, they could have beaten both Brazil and China and they could have taken 3 pts from Korea...

Doesnt come to u odd still saying turkey could have beaten these teams? :what: i think brazil and china played better and took the sets fairly,and today although korea didnt play its best turkey couldnt avoid losing two sets(which reduces their hope much) btw i think both korea and china will reach QF,if turkey was so strong as it expected they could take the advantage btw its not an offense for turkey i want to say it from now :D

• And in your opinion, what should he have done today?

Nice foot save by Arrighetti, she does them really well :D

Subtations too late and also he should subtation when bahar come serve line critical times.
    he just watching and time outs are too late. :down:

• Doesnt come to u odd still saying turkey could have beaten these teams? :what: i think brazil and china played better and took the sets fairly,and today although korea didnt play its best turkey couldnt avoid losing two sets(which reduces their hope much) btw i think both korea and china will reach QF

Despite Eda's injury, Turkey has played much better in the last two matches than in the first two, especially Neslihan. So, if they had always played like that, I think they could have beaten Brazil and China because it were close defeats despite not so good performance by Turkey.

• Subtations too late and also he should subtation when bahar come serve line critical times.
    he just watching and time outs are too late. :down:

But there is nobody who could substitute Bahar! He used Özge and Polen for double sub and kept Neriman as reserve for Esra and as you could see this was necessary in 4th set. With Eda missing and two liberos playing, there is simply nobody who could replace Bahar on serve.

• Despite Eda's injury, Turkey has played much better in the last two matches than in the first two, especially Neslihan. So, if they had always played like that, I think they could have beaten Brazil and China because it were close defeats despite not so good performance by Turkey.

I dont like thinking on this side if u think like this china played really better than against turkey,and brazil played against usa as well so if they had played like these and turkey had played as u said i think again china and brazil would have won :D lol depending on ur thoughts the wishes reduces the reality imo 8o

• about the possibility of a match-fixing in the upcoming China-Korea match, I remembered a comment in olympic qualification thread that Kim warned the Thai girls about the Serbia-Japan fixed match. It would be hypocrisy on Kim's part if she herself would take part in match-fixing. So I'd like to believe that Korea would play fair.

• But there is nobody who could substitute Bahar! He used Özge and Polen for double sub and kept Neriman as reserve for Esra and as you could see this was necessary in 4th set. With Eda missing and two liberos playing, there is simply nobody who could replace Bahar on serve.

He got timeount when score 18-15 after we lost 6 point and after 19-24 subtation ozge-nesli, polen- naz

• about the possibility of a match-fixing in the upcoming China-Korea match, I remembered a comment in olympic qualification thread that Kim warned the Thai girls about the Serbia-Japan fixed match. It would be hypocrisy on Kim's part if she herself would take part in match-fixing. So I'd like to believe that Korea would play fair.

Actually it wont be a fixing i guess :D In normal case both china and korea can take two sets from each other and the final set goes who plays better :thumbsup:

• Motta realy bad coach :down: He just watching match he do nothing
    But i believe turkey will win 3-1 against usa
    good luck turkey =/

It will be exciting to watch Turkey playing to win against USA. They definetly have potential and i believe they will.

And hopefully China and Korea will not set match to 3-2 which is enough for both teams to qualify.

Turkey needs to play flawless in order to win against USA. I don't see them beating USA, I may be wrong, but that's how I think it will be.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Good point, and I think the Badminton story should be enough warning for the teams. Considering the teams' levels, a "real" 5 set match is not even unlikely, I just wish it won't happen because it would definitely cause suspicions...

• Italy again without Lo Bianco...does anyone know if she's not at 100% physically? Even though Rondon will be enough to beat Algeria, I think Italy might lose rhythm when Lo Bianco is on bench for two matches...

She has problem with her back... During the training she was just catching balls

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• She has problem with her back... During the training she was just catching balls

Bad news for Italy, even though Rondon is playing better than in GP...I could imagine that Leo will still rest vs Russia because with the chaos in Pool B, nobody can know who will be their opponent in QF anyway, so it's not important to finish 1st.

• Turkey have some chance
    1- İf Turkey beat 3-0 or 3-1or 3-2 , Turkey go semifinal
    2- if turkey lost 3-2, korea should be beat china to 3-0 or 3-1
    3- if turkey lost 3-0 or 3-1, serbia should beat brazil ( its seems impossible)
    turkey have good average than china and brazil

• But there is nobody who could substitute Bahar! He used Özge and Polen for double sub and kept Neriman as reserve for Esra and as you could see this was necessary in 4th set. With Eda missing and two liberos playing, there is simply nobody who could replace Bahar on serve.

There was many sets in this tournament when Ozge or Polen didn't play and Motta didn't replace Bahar on serve...

He is just passive as a coach and I don't like it. On this forum there is a tendency to think that Naz is amazing setter and Ozge is very poor (there is an oppostie view too :lol: ). I don't understand it because Ozge is the setter who led the team to the win in CL and bronze medal in EC. She can play and she will not cause a disaster on the court. If she make mistake Motta can return Naz. No problem. I don't say that Naz is playing bad but it's not good to do nothing when the team is losing...Sometimes there is a need to replace player who is OK in order to reorganize style of play. It's better to do something even if you lose than wait for a miracle. But miracle didn' come and TUR lost many tight sets...Motta didn't help. If he doesn't trust Ozge why he didn't take to London someone else who can help the team :?: ( for example a setter with very good block or serve...) Btw. today Ozge played in 5th set and there was no distaster. The team scored some important points with her (even if she didn't show special performance). Today Motta did something in 5th set and it paid of.

• I don't like how everybody here hates Bahar.. she is not that bad! Her serve is risky but it's also a good one.. Why don't you talk about Neslihan whos has been underperforming for such a long time..

• There was many sets in this tournament when Ozge or Polen didn't play and Motta didn't replace Bahar on serve...

He is just passive as a coach and I don't like it. On this forum there is a tendency to think that Naz is amazing setter and Ozge is very poor (there is an oppostie view too :lol: ). I don't understand it because Ozge is the setter who led the team to the win in CL and bronze medal in EC. She can play and she will not cause a disaster on the court. If she make mistake Motta can return Naz. No problem. I don't say that Naz is playing bad but it's not good to do nothing when the team is losing...Sometimes there is a need to replace player who is OK in order to reorganize style of play. It's better to do something even if you lose than wait for a miracle. But miracle didn' come and TUR lost many tight sets...Motta didn't help. If he doesn't trust Ozge why he didn't take to London someone else who can help the team :?: ( for example a setter with very good block or serve...) Btw. today Ozge played in 5th set and there was no distaster. The team scored some important points with her (even if she didn't show special performance). Today Motta did something in 5th set and it paid of.

Another tendency in this forum is that most of people only watch Özge at CL final four and remember her just like that. I accept that she played well but to me it was once in a life (just like Ortolani did in CL final four with Bergamo ie.) Özge was substituted mant times during tournaments but she didn't make things better if not worse :down: I really don't understand why don't people get it :wall: Even in the case of Naz's worse performance, I would keep her on the court since she contributing a lot at blocking and serving (she is way better server than Özge. Her blocking skills ,pathetic for our team but it is true, is best one with Neslihan among all our players) The only reason to substitute Naz would be double substitution, which would be necessary not because Özge would play better but Polen would be beneficial since Neslihan faltered sometimes. :roll:

About criticism to Motta, I would criticize him only for two point:

1- He shouldn't substitute Neslihan with Polen at Brasil match's tie break and he should replace Neslihan with Polen at China match.
    2- Critical serve mistakes of Bahar is really nerve wracking she should replace her with Büşra (Matthias is right but Motta can do that before Eda got injured, i.e: China match's last point)

Except these two points I think Motta is doing great. Why don't you talk about his smart subs between Esra-Neriman-Gözde trio which always works well, also he generally got proper time-outs and actively tried to boost players. Dyslogistics are ingrate!

About fixed matches, I like and respect Kim a lot. Indeed I generally have sympathy towards Asian teams. I hope Sunday I won't lost my respect as I did against Japan :roll:

All in all, Turkey's performance is improving after each match. Thus, I still have hope for USA match. We performed very well against both Brasil and China, and lost with slightly although we made so many mistakes. That's why I believe that we deserve to qualify to QF :win: