2012 Olympic Games

• So if Ozge is so weak she shouldn't go to London. It looks like Motta wasted one place in roster taking completely useless player... It would be even worse mistake than passive style of coaching :whistle:
    Anyway TUR still has a chance for advance and I want to wait with my assessment. I think everything is possible because I don't find USA unbeatable. :!:

• There was many sets in this tournament when Ozge or Polen didn't play and Motta didn't replace Bahar on serve...

He is just passive as a coach and I don't like it. On this forum there is a tendency to think that Naz is amazing setter and Ozge is very poor (there is an oppostie view too :lol: ). I don't understand it because Ozge is the setter who led the team to the win in CL and bronze medal in EC. She can play and she will not cause a disaster on the court. If she make mistake Motta can return Naz. No problem. I don't say that Naz is playing bad but it's not good to do nothing when the team is losing...Sometimes there is a need to replace player who is OK in order to reorganize style of play. It's better to do something even if you lose than wait for a miracle. But miracle didn' come and TUR lost many tight sets...Motta didn't help. If he doesn't trust Ozge why he didn't take to London someone else who can help the team :?: ( for example a setter with very good block or serve...) Btw. today Ozge played in 5th set and there was no distaster. The team scored some important points with her (even if she didn't show special performance). Today Motta did something in 5th set and it paid of.

I agree with everything you said Pol.
    The coach is too passive, and he did the changes too late. He did not take any risks so far in this tournament. He makes the same mistakes he did during the ECH. He could substitute Bahar with Busra but he didnt. He could let Özge to the team much earlier and not when its late like 24-19 in the fourth. Polen showed very good performance everytime she was in.
    I believe that we can get a good result on Sunday only if we reduce our mistakes and play our own game and do not loose our concentration when we are leading. And even here, Motta was passive, the team is loosing points after points but he does not take a TO.
    I wish them Good-Luck.

• Serbia plays so bad.They can't win a set these days!!! Another phenomenal match for USA,gooo girls!!

• Turkey have some chance
    1- İf Turkey beat 3-0 or 3-1or 3-2 , Turkey go semifinal
    2- if turkey lost 3-2, korea should be beat china to 3-0 or 3-1
    3- if turkey lost 3-0 or 3-1, serbia should beat brazil ( its seems impossible)
    turkey have good average than china and brazil

No, it depends on USA,
    if USA doesn't help Turkey to fix the match,
    Turkey will be out unless Serbia beat Brazil.
    I just don't see Turkey at this point can win over USA.

If China and Korea 3:2 2:3
    Turkey got 2 points from USA,
    Brazil will be out.

• and I hate people say if China and Korea play to 5th set, it is a fixed match.
    even if they play for 5 sets, it is still normal.

• Has anyone got a video of yesterday's match RUS-JAP when takeshita blocked Gamova? It is a must see...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Has anyone got a video of yesterday's match RUS-JAP when takeshita blocked Gamova? It is a must see...

heh she also blocked Podolec and in Beijing she won on the net with both Liktoras and Bednarek, so blocking is her strong side :lol:

• :rolll:

That block looks like the exactly the same block Takeshita did on Mari in World Cup last year. It's not very often to see a player like Takeshita block the likes of Gamova so that moment is just sensational. :D

• Bad news for Italy, even though Rondon is playing better than in GP...I could imagine that Leo will still rest vs Russia because with the chaos in Pool B, nobody can know who will be their opponent in QF anyway, so it's not important to finish 1st.

I don't think she will play because she needs rest before the quarters... Going there without Leo will be an already lost match... BTW Rondon was playing almost better than my thoughts....

Go Takeshita XD :rolll: :rolll:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I believe in Turkish girls. I think they are going to make it. Go Türkiye :heart:
    Serdar you are so biased that it is not even funny.
    As I say before we are lucky to have Naz in our team but she is completely replaceable.She is one of the best players of the team in this Olympics but there were times when Naz was making mistake after mistake ,Motta did nothing.. I think we are talking about Naz very much because she is the darling of Motta, and when people want to blame Motta they are using Naz.

• and I hate people say if China and Korea play to 5th set, it is a fixed match.
    even if they play for 5 sets, it is still normal.

Don't worry, just playing 5 sets is not enough to create the fixed match scandal. You must have a lot of things lead ppl to that, i.e. the setter try a lot to under the ball for the OH instead of set, when it was not even necessary, or so many strange package of serving out...

btw, I don't really think they are going to have the fixed match here ...

• Even though Rondon will be enough to beat Algeria, I think Italy might lose rhythm when Lo Bianco is on bench for two matches...

Always delightful to read that systematic pessimistic mood about Italy ;)
    It's obvious that Eleonora's back problems are a huge worry for the Azzurre but they are in excellent position to reach the 1/2, whatever the result against Russia :whistle:

• That block looks like the exactly the same block Takeshita did on Mari in World Cup last year. It's not very often to see a player like Takeshita block the likes of Gamova so that moment is just sensational. :D

The whole game is there
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

• serdar, do you really believe that we played welll against China....we just made mistakes and mistakes...we had to win at least one of the those matches:vs China and vs. Brasil......And i hate it when things go worse....for example China-Brazil match finished with the least desired result to us.....Korea beat Brasil 3-0....even if Kore beat Brasil 3-2 we would have better chance now....we lost Eda in front of the most crucial match:Korea....If Eda were in place of Bahar then she was able to score some points at crutial times...for example in forth set...

anyway...its our fault and bad luck a little.....if Thailand were here instead of this bad Serbian team we could be in other pool etc...

• It should be an excel file.

Great job !
    Thank you :drink:

• serdar, do you really believe that we played welll against China....we just made mistakes and mistakes...we had to win at least one of the those matches:vs China and vs. Brasil......And i hate it when things go worse....for example China-Brazil match finished with the least desired result to us.....Korea beat Brasil 3-0....even if Kore beat Brasil 3-2 we would have better chance now....we lost Eda in front of the most crucial match:Korea....If Eda were in place of Bahar then she was able to score some points at crutial times...for example in forth set...

anyway...its our fault and bad luck a little.....if Thailand were here instead of this bad Serbian team we could be in other pool etc...

Thailand is the same with turkey i think they should have beaten japan but they couldnt and then they claimed japan-serbia about fixing match(which gets me really angry) and i really dont understand turkish team fans that they r talking pretend usa beat turkey 3-0 :what: match isnt played still and turkey has still chance to QF :thumbup:

• But i guess taking 2 sets might be insufficent cause i think we'll see a 3-2 match between china-korea and this reduces turkey's chance much,so i think turkey has to win and if germany does it turkey can do it already :thumbup:

• But i guess taking 2 sets might be insufficent cause i think we'll see a 3-2 match between china-korea and this reduces turkey's chance much,so i think turkey has to win and if germany does it turkey can do it already :thumbup:

you really believe china and korea are match? :rolll: