2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Yes. In NCAA she played both setter and opposite. Lichtman at Stanford was both setter and wing spiker; if my memory works, she was setter in Bielsko-Biala as well.

You're right :wavy: Lichtman played as S in Aluprof :D she was backup for Asia Wołosz, however she didn't do well on this position :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• so if ALG federation knew this, why didn't they withdraw 6 months ago and give a chance to the next african team (CMR? TUN?) or let FIVB pick another team (ITA, TUR, THA)???? this is ridiculous. what is the point of sending young, inexperienced players? this level is way above their heads, they are not gonna learn anything from this, just getting humiliated and wasting everybody's time.

truly pathetic.

• so if ALG federation knew this, why didn't they withdraw 6 months ago and give a chance to the next african team (CMR? TUN?) or let FIVB pick another team (ITA, TUR, THA)???? this is ridiculous. what is the point of sending young, inexperienced players? this level is way above their heads, they are not gonna learn anything from this, just getting humiliated and wasting everybody's time.

truly pathetic.

agree, it's just ridiculous...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In 2011 WC was so much more entertaining.. Italy, USA, Brazil, Serbia, Germany, China, Japan.. then there were Korea and Dominican Republic in much better form.. And there were many surprises USA beat Italy, Germany beat USA, Japan beat USA, Japan beat Brazil in 3, Brazil and China to 5, USA beat Brazil in 4.. Level was so much higher

also DOM surprised many by beating SRB and GER (and i think KOR as well).

• Such a shame :what: that's the reason why I couldn't recognize most players... though even with players like Oukazi, Abderrahim, Boukima, Olmou, Arbouche, Hammouche, Bensalem or Mansouri it would have been poor result, but not such shame like 25-3 or 25-2 :!:

I can say something similar about few missing players for Peru: Andrea Urrutia (MB), Angela Leyva (OH/OP), Maguilaura Frias (OP/OH) and Coraima Gomez (OH/MB) are missing due to U20 WCH :whistle: any idea why Maria de Fatima Acosta (L), Brenda Uribe (OP), Raffaela Camet (OP, she can be injured...) and Ginna Lopez (MB) didn't go to Japan niehter ?(

Natalia Malaga wanted to train with the complete roster of U20. That's why Angela Leyva, Frias and Urrutia (that are usually starters) are not playing WC.
    Unfortunately, Andrea Urrutia (MB) got injured while she was playing U23 WCH, Maguilaura Frias has a stress fracture, Brenda Uribe is recovering from a shoulder surgery, Raffaella Camet left the NT (She is studying at the University and only will play for her club), Ginna Lopez didnt get a permission from her University.

• I beg to disagree. As I see it, Robinson is set to replace Larson not Hill. Robinson and Larson have the same role in the team. Vansant may be the one to replace Hill in the future.

• I beg to disagree. As I see it, Robinson is set to replace Larson not Hill. Robinson and Larson have the same role in the team. Vansant may be the one to replace Hill in the future.

I don't think USA need that kind of a role thing, they are all good and Larson-Robinson play very well as a duo. But I agree about Vansant, hopefully we see her over Easy.

• Neither team's block is really working now. Making for many short points.

• Serbia are going to win probably, but their performance is not satisfying enough so far. Good sets by Ognjenovic, especially to Stevanovic.

DOM with a lot of errors, despite them, Mambru's outstanding arm swing is worth watching.