Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• Congrats Kazan, they was the better team. Gamova and also their defence and block the last sets was very impressive. Moscow played too predictible, and Goncharova ran out of steam after two sets.

• kazan wins with a somewhat awkward-looking kill from Gamova. Too bad for Moscow!

• I guess the team with better quality of players won. Kazan had 4 players making a difference, Larson, Boriseinko (?), Gamova and their Libero, while Moscow were very erratic, with only Goncharova, and when she couldn't make points, no-one else could. For Moscow, they need better outside hitters, a better defensive Libero and a better setter. But also if they could strengthen their defence. Gamova made many points from attacks she shouldn't have made points on. Goncharova was shitting the same spots but Larson and co could pick up many hits just from good anticipation. (maybe better coaching is all that's needed for Moscow?

Looking further, it still looks very much like Russia vs USA for gold, barring any surprises in the semi finals...

• It was an interesting game, congrats to Kazan! And my wishes for both teams for the next season - to finally find decent setters and get rid of all this crappy Shesheninas, Ulyakinas and Chukanovas!! So maybe I'll get to enjoy their games

• What a joke ahahaha :rolll:

Well, without her I think Moscow probably wouldn't have been in finals at all. And Most Valuable Player means not only how much she scored but it is an award for the whole performance, and she was a real leader for Moscow as person even though Goncharova was their leader with points. I don't see anyone in Kazan team with such qualities who would have deserved that award, maybe Gamova but she is too busy complaining to her setters about the balls she gets :D

• DINAMO М — DINАМО К — 2:3 (25:22, 24:26, 27:25, 22:25, 12:15)

Best scorers:

Moscow: Natalia Goncharova 39, Angelina Grun 17, Eva Yaneva 10

Kazan: Ekaterina Gamova 37, Jordan Larson 16, Lesya Makhno 15

• well if you look like that on giving awards, than Kim shouldn't get MVP award on F4 of Champions league but Kilic.

In my opinion, MVP should be given to a player who takes the team to a different level. Kim does that for Fenerbahce with her performance as player and Grün for Moscow with her personality and leadership. I agree that it's unusual to give MVP to a player from the losing team, but I don't think it's appropriate to call it "a joke".

• Kazan will play against "The rest of Russia" - a team with the NT players except Kazan´s (Moscow + Kosheleva, Scherban, Estes etc) - in a game in Novogorsk soon, but I dont know which date, or if the date is even decided.

• Kazan will play against "The rest of Russia" - a team with the NT players except Kazan´s (Moscow + Kosheleva, Scherban, Estes etc) - in a game in Novosibirsk soon, but I dont know which date, or if the date is even decided.

:what: Strange...Russia should prepare for Ankara tournament and I suppose Larson will also leave for USA NT soon.

• In my opinion, MVP should be given to a player who takes the team to a different level. Kim does that for Fenerbahce with her performance as player and Grün for Moscow with her personality and leadership. I agree that it's unusual to give MVP to a player from the losing team, but I don't think it's appropriate to call it "a joke".

same role had Kilic in FB as Grun in Dinamo Moscow, without Kilic Kim will not be able to play on level she was playing.
    and by the way, MVP was never given for role of leader, its good if athlete has that role also, but athlete needs to have serious performance to get MVP.