Poland - OrlenLiga 2013/2014

• WGCC is in 5 weeks, I don't think teams are preparing for that yet. Hagglund and Miyashiro also are in Germany with their club now.

WGCC is in 5 weeks, I don't think teams are preparing for that yet. Hagglund and Miyashiro also are in Germany with their club now.

Lauren also headed to Azerbaijan yesterday.. she wrote she'll be away for 8 months.. did not mention WGCC

• Today Results:
    KPS Chemik Police - Atom Trefl Sopot 3-0 (25-16 25-21 27-25) MVP: Anna Werblińska stats

It seemed to be hit of the round, but I was disappointed. Werblińska back in shape after injuries :whistle: I hope that she'll be in NT for WCH qualifications, also nice match by Kasia Gajgał, she was way much better than Efimienko. Glinka didn't show nothing special, but she's getting older and it's certain that she can't keep good shape during whole season. And Atom's clumsisness was just ridiculous - stopping playing from 16-14 in first set, losing second set leading 16-21, even in last set they didn't use chance to lengthen game. All Atom's wing-spikers were horrible spikers: Podolec 5/21, Leys 2/11, Hill 6/25, Kaczorowska 4/19, Pietersen 0/13 - they couldn't spike against single block, also middles weren't better.

Polski Cukier Muszynianka FAKRO Bank BPS Muszyna - KS Pałac Bydgoszcz 3-0 (25-20 25-15 25-15) MVP: Karolina Różycka stats

Easy match for Muszyna, Różycka was definitely leading player there.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• All Atom's wing-spikers were horrible spikers: Podolec 5/21, Leys 2/11, Hill 6/25, Kaczorowska 4/19, Pietersen 0/13 - they couldn't spike against single block, also middles weren't better.

A big part of the blame for Atom's abysmal attack performance goes to Iza Belcik in my opinion. I have no idea how Gajewska plays, but I think Buijs should at least have tried her. Belcik set quite a few completely unhittable balls and when she set the middles the ball often was predictable and right in front of the block, so no chance for them. Belcik's problem is that she tries to play very "beautiful", with difficult balls and a lot of deception movements, but eventually she screws up the basics because of this. She should rather concentrate on precision and a fair amount of cleverness in the distribution instead of trying some magic in every rally and failing most of the time.

• A big part of the blame for Atom's abysmal attack performance goes to Iza Belcik in my opinion. I have no idea how Gajewska plays, but I think Buijs should at least have tried her. Belcik set quite a few completely unhittable balls and when she set the middles the ball often was predictable and right in front of the block, so no chance for them. Belcik's problem is that she tries to play very "beautiful", with difficult balls and a lot of deception movements, but eventually she screws up the basics because of this. She should rather concentrate on precision and a fair amount of cleverness in the distribution instead of trying some magic in every rally and failing most of the time.

Agree, Iza today prsented horrible, many balls were inaccurate, also for Kaczorowska, Łukasik, Shelukhina and Podolec, for whom she should set better, because they are playing longer with each other. I hope that day by day team will play better. Iza also should be better than today, however she has many ups and downs - she can be brilliant in one game and horrible in another, like against Chemik. The problem is lack of of leading spiker, for whom she can set most balls like Rachel Rourke. Maybe during season Pietersen or Hill will become a ledaer ^^

• Pretty easy win for Impel, but Pila was really weak. Brinker and Kaczor weren't effective at all in attack, only Mroczkowska did a very good job. Kakolewska also played a really good match, especially in block. Dirickx and Wilson with their experience also were important...

I don't know Polish league so well, but I guess Pila is one of the weakest teams this season?

• Looking at the stats of Impel match, I think some of Brinker's blocks were given to Kakolewska. Brinker definitely had more than 1 block (I think 3 or 4), and while Kakolewska certainly had many, I don't think it really were 9...

• Impel Wrocław - PTPS Piła 3-0 (25-20 25-11 25-16) MVP; Katarzyna Mroczkowska stats

It so nice to see Mroczkowska back in good shape after weak last seson :D Impel was better in all elements, they don't have any problems with blocking grils from Piła - Kąkolewska with 9 score blocks. Dirickx used pipe many times, it worked specially with Mroczkowska. Brinker didn't present so well (4/20 spikes), but she's after EuroVolley and fortunately didn't have to receive often - Medyńska and Mroczkowska received most balls. Spiking leader was also Mroczkowska, others had low efficiency, except Wilson but she spiked only 4 times. On PGNiG's side good substitution gave Daria Paszek, but only as spiker, because she had 0% reception. Overall reception in Piła was horrible and sets both by Kajzer and Archangielskaja were too predictable to be not blocked many times.

About Gryka and Martałek - they're really similar, but out of roster today was definitely Martałek because of knee injury, I don't know if it's serious.

Matthias, pictures for you ^^
    Magdalena Gryka
    Monika Martałek

Owl, I agree with you. PGNiG Nafta and Pałac seem to be the weakest links in league and should fight in Play-Outs.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 3-0 (25-11 25-20 25-16) MVP: Katarzyna Zaroślińska stats

Watch Out! Stats are appearing quickly after game, but when I check it next day, there are some corrections in each game :whistle: Also in match Impel-PGNiG was correction and Brinker has 3 score blocks, not only 1 ^^

Today match was easy win for Tauron, Zaroślińska and Sassa were best scorers. Tomsia didn't present so good as OPP.

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• We have first coached fired just after first round :whistle: Dariusz Luks isn't coach of PGNiG Nafta Piła any more.