World Grand Prix 2007

• Quote from "Matthias"

Yes.

Well, I hope she's not like her sister haha! During the WCH, no one liked Sheshenina, and when Akulova entered to play as a line-up setter, everyone wanted Sheshenina back, because she was good :roll:

• If Russia had a good setter, it would be and inveincible team.

Brazil's team seems to be having lots of problems lately.

Mari was dropped out of the team for technical reasons, according to the coach, but the truth is she was having relationship problems with the other players and the group was divided. When Zé Roberto dropped her out, Sheilla almost asked to be dismissed too.

It seems the Brazilian players' ego is growing bigger and bigger. That may explain lots of things, maybe that's why Brazil's team loses important matches in crucial moments.

• Last year Caprara said Russia could win WCH because they have a setter (M.Akulova) who can run for five hours and still set the high balls perfectly. I guess this is the Russian definition of "good setter" :D

Celso, do you mean that Mari will not play WGP? Has Brazil's roster already been announced?

• Quote from "Matthias"

Last year Caprara said Russia could win WCH because they have a setter (M.Akulova) who can run for five hours and still set the high balls perfectly. I guess this is the Russian definition of "good setter" :D

Celso, do you mean that Mari will not play WGP? Has Brazil's roster already been announced?

Well, I'm not Celso, but I'll answer this one: Zé Roberto cut Mari out of the team, so she's not even training with the NT right now. He said he decided that based on her bad performances during the Pan Am... As Celso said, there're news that the real reason of her dismissal was some group fights, and Sheilla almost resigned her position on the NT because Mari was cut out, but she decided to stay.

And I guess the Russian definition of good setter is very different of the Brazilian one, but the russian def. works out pretty well for them :wink2:

• As Lothie PG said, Mari won't play the WGP.

It seems Jaque will be able to play for Brazil Team (Thank God!)

Probably Brazil's team roster will be:

Setters: Carolina Albuquerque and Fabíola Josefa
    Middle-blockers: Fabiana Claudino, Caroline Gattaz and Thaísa Menezes
    Outside hitters: Paula Pequeno, Érika Coimbra, Welissa Gonzaga and Jaqueline Carvalho (if Jaqueline couldn't play the WGP then Regiane Bidias will take her place)
    Opposites: Sheilla Castro and Regiane Bidias (if Jaqueline couldn't play, Regiane will play as outside hitter and Renata Colombo will be the second opposite of the team)
    Libero: Fabiana Oliveira

I hope Carolina Albuquerque could play well and show the people who criticizes her (especially those Brazilian fans that treat Fernanda Venturini and Fofão as godesses and always despises her) that all she needs is more international experience. She played pretty well in the 2005 season, and I'm pretty sure she'll be able to repeat that performance again.

Go Carol A.! Go Jaque! Go Paula! Go Sheilla!

• And I also add that the new team capitain is Carolina Albuquerque.

• Quote from "colossus"

wow, giavani capra is really pushing this again: 8)
    gamova as opposite and sokolova as hitter
    i thought fateeva will play hitter; :cry2:

I really don't understand this! I think it is better to have Gosha as a receiving outside hitter, Gamova as a non receiving outside hitter and Sokolova as a receiving opposite hitter. That was the formation that worked really well last year.
    Caprara wants Russia to play a modern volleyball. My question is, it is really worth it, when you have Gamova, Godina and Sokolova? Certainly he is thinking for the future, so he uses the GP as a try. But at Euros, World Cup and Olympics I think he will use last year World formation.

• Dutch team:

Setters: Riette Fledderus, Kim Staelens
    Opposite: Manon Flier
    OH: Chaine Staelens, Debby Stam, Alice Blom, Floortje Meijners
    MB: Caroline Wensink, Ingrid Visser, Mirjam Orsel, Francien Huurman (can also play OPP), Carlijn Jans
    L: Janneke van Tienen

• Brazil's Roster for 2007 World Grand Prix

Setters: Carol Albuquerque (Finasa/Osasco) and Fabiola (Minas Tênis Clube)

Opposites: Sheilla (Scavolini Pesaro), Joycinha (Blue Life/Pinheiros) and Renatinha (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)

Outside Hitters: Paula Pequeno (Finasa/Osasco), Érika Coimbra (Brasil Telecom), Sassá (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro) and Regiane Bidias(Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)

Middle-blockers: Fabiana Claudino (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro), Carol Gattaz (Monte Schiavo Banca Marche Jesi) and Thaísa Menezes (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)

Liberos: Arlene Xavier (Blue-Life/Pinheiros) and Fabiana Oliveira (Rexona-Ades/Rio de Janeiro)

The probable starting-seven players will be:
    Carol Albuquerque, Sheilla, Paula Pequeno, Sassá, Fabiana Claudino, Thaísa Menezes and Fabi (as libero).

• Hi Celso! It seems Jaque is not on the list.. Jaque won't play on WGP? :cry2:

• 12 of Poland on first weekend:

Setters: Bełcik, Sadurek
    Middle-blockers: Liktoras, Bednarek, Dziękiewicz
    Outside-hitters: Rosner, Świeniewicz, Frąckowiak, Leśniewicz (second libero)
    Opposites: Skowrońska, Podolec
    Libero: Zenik

Skowrońska will play as opposite. In Novara she will play on the same position in new season.

• Quote from "alc01"

Hi Celso! It seems Jaque is not on the list.. Jaque won't play on WGP? :cry2:

She was caught on dopping :roll:

And I want to see Skowronska as a opp :D

• Thanks for replying LothiePG! Appreciate it.

So sad to hear that :cry2: Any news about this? Where and when she got caught? Until when will she be suspended? :(

alc01 :cry2:

• And just a piece of news, Metcalf is not going to play the GP for USA :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

And I got to know today that Scott won't play either, FIVB site says they're both injuried.