World Grand Prix 2009

• ohh!!! Poland don't have Katarzyna Skorupa ,Opportunity to avenge Thailand is low.

Izabela Belcik is compensation Skorupa?? She is skill very much?

• Yeah, sorry :P

Ah, that's OK. I didn't count the names :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• ohh!!! Poland don't have Katarzyna Skorupa ,Opportunity to avenge Thailand is low.

Izabela Belcik is compensation Skorupa?? She is skill very much?

Yes, Bełcik and Sadurek. Bełcik has come back to the team after Bonitta's era. I'm not sure, if Skorupa is our best setter, so I don't think it is such a big problem she will miss the event. Of course, it would be better, if Matlak had a bigger choice, but though luck - it would be much more harmful, if e.g. Skowrońska couldn't play.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Looking forward to this year's grand prix. Lots of young teams playing! I am also excited to see Joanna Kaczor play again, this time not wearing the USC jersey. Poland is lucky to have her. She maybe is the most dominating opposite who played in the NCAA last year.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Kaczor is playing very well in the last 2 months, she is our best player for the moment I guess (maybe only Baranska and Sadurek could be compared). Nobody thought that she would play so good especially that she spent almost whole season on the bench in Muszyna... And now we know that Skowronska and Bamber have some health problems so Kaczor will probably play the whole Grand Prix.

• Nicole Fawcett dominated as an OPP last year in the NCAA. I don't think Kaczor played last year (season) in the NCAA. The Trojans sorely missed her.

• Nicole Fawcett dominated as an OPP last year in the NCAA. I don't think Kaczor played last year (season) in the NCAA. The Trojans sorely missed her.

Fawcett played and dominated as an OH last year. Not Opposite. It was Blair Brown who actually looked like Fawcett (blond, tall). Penn State's OH tandem of Fawcett and Hodge was clearly the best in the Nation last year...both were hitting heavy balls and were quite unstoppable.

Yeah. got that wrong. Asia Kaczor only played 2 seasons for the Trojans. She entered USC in 2006.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• She was listed as OH and also started as OH but she played more like an Opp, anyway, I'm aware that Brown is listed as an Opp while Hodge and Fawcett are listed as OH.

• neither paula nor jaqueline will play at this year gp....jaqueline seems to be quite busy with her forthcoming marriage..paula is still recovering from her surgery, maybe she will be able to play at world champions cup late this year in japan

• Selection of the Netherlands for World Grand Prix

Kim Staelens
    Monique Wismeijer
    Robin de Kruijf
    Francien Huurman
    Deborah van Daelen
    Ingrid Visser (Chinees Taipei en Hong Kong)
    Caroline Wensink
    Manon Flier
    Alice Blom
    Maret Grothues
    Chaïne Staelens
    Debby Stam
    Anne Buijs (Chinees Taipei en Hong Kong)
    Myrthe Schoot (Polen)
    Janneke van Tienen

• big names in Poland :win: what about Wijhoven?
    looking forward to see Holland in Poland pool it will be very difficult to beat Dutch this time :whistle:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Who will be the second libero in Chineses Taipei and Hong Kong? In Poland Myrthe Schoot, I guess. But in Asia? As I know in squad may be 14 player, but two libero in this squad. If I undestand this post mean that Schoot will play only in Poland.

• Who will be the second libero in Chineses Taipei and Hong Kong? In Poland Myrthe Schoot, I guess. But in Asia? As I know in squad may be 14 player, but two libero in this squad. If I undestand this post mean that Schoot will play only in Poland.

There's one libero: Janneke van Tienen, Myrthe is OH. With Martinus she played as libero,but (mostly) not in NT.Myrthe will only play in Polen.

• @ Marieke

Technically, the summer not includes September, so Elke could play at the European Championship in Poland ;) But I think she wants to skip the whole NT-season, so she will not play there and restart playing in Pesaro...what is a pity, because she is the best Dutch libero..Hopefully she will be present at the World Championship!

• who plays OP other than Manon on this squad?

and also are Carlijn Jans and Floortje Meijners out of consideration for the NT nowadays?
    Is it just because there are better players right now or there is something else like personal reasons?

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

• Russian 14 players:
    Setters:
    Sheshenina ,Zhadan,Startseva

MB:
    Borisenko, Mustarzaeva, Sedova

OH-OPP: