2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• No, there isn't. I hope Poland will play with Bulgaria in 1/4 [I didn't watch their game against Venezuela, but I read they had some problems]. We did Brazil a favour, because they are now on the 1st place in the group, but that's all right, it was worthwhile - Polish players are having psychological superiority. The game was determined, besides first set, lots of emotions and happy end :D Polish showed that they're people of character. At last we had strong service. And for troubles - Wika and Możdżonek.

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

Edited 2 times, last by Madzia ().

• Very exciting Men's team competition. Congrats Poland. See my previous posts..I always believed this team will bounce back.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Drawing will be at 00.00 Chinese time

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• http://rafalstec.blox.pl/2008/…im-zagraja-siatkarze.html

Lozano probably knows couples in 1/4 - Poland-Italy and Russia-Bulgaria. He said he've never made a mistake in drawing by FIVB. Arranged? We will see...

Egypt-Serbia 0:3 (16:25, 13:25, 17:25)

• Madzia - don't count on opponentas u beat almost always. I saw game with Venezuela. True, but only miracle will make us go to 1/2-final. Russia will have their European title next year, and we... nothing.

• Madzia - don't count on opponentas u beat almost always. I saw game with Venezuela. True, but only miracle will make us go to 1/2-final. Russia will have their European title next year, and we... nothing.

You are right, but if Poland will play with Bulgaria in 1/4, we will meet with Brazil in final - it results from a statute [or I'm wrong?]. So it's the main reason I want Poland to play with Bulgaria.

• Isn`t like that?
    A2: B3/A3
    B2 : B3/A3
    Or I have mistake? Where is written how is exactly drawing?

No, it's :
    A1 : B4 => QF1
    A? : B? => QF2
    A? : B? => QF3
    A4 : B1 => QF4

and then:
    QF1 : QF2
    QF3 : QF4

Which implies that:
    - Being second or third of a group is exactly the same, you will face the second or third of the other group.
    - respectively A1 and B1 (USA and Brazil), A2 and A3 (Italy and Bulgaria), B2 and B3 (Russia and Poland) can't play against each other before the final (or bronze medal match).

(you can find every information on the OG media guide from FIVB , page 125 - 58 of 67 of this third part .pdf)

• I personally don't care who we are going to play against. No matter, wether it is Italy wether Bulgaria. None of this teams is weak, none invincible. Only team who has clear path to the semis is Brazil. China has no chances, even as a host. As somebody noticed, we had made a favour to Brazil, but I don't care - beating Russia is always the sweetest thing :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• First of all, congratulations to the Polish team and fans for the win today! I was among the people who predicted a failure for the Poles in the OG 2008, but I was wrong! They surprised me a lot and play as if they have not had any problems this year. They deserve their 4-1 record so far! I watched the whole game and was impressed by what they can show!

As far as the drawing tonight is concerned, I also think the possible couples are only Bulgaria-Russia&Poland-Italy or Bulgaria-Italy&Russia-Poland. It will be illogical for two third-ranked teams (BUL,POL) to meet at the expense of two second-ranked teams (ITA,RUS). I am not sure, though I support Raul Lozano and think the first scenario above is more probable!

In FIVB I found only this:

A Drawing of lots will decide the pairings among

A2,A3 and B2,B3

• It will be illogical for two third-ranked teams (BUL,POL) to meet at the expense of two second-ranked teams (ITA,RUS).

It's far more illogical to have a game between two teams from the same pool !

That's why the FIVB decided that two 3rd ranked teams could meet. And if you consider the difference of average level between pool A and pool B, I would say that a second ranked team facing another second ranked team is not much tainting the fairness of the competition that has been previously done.

• we will know in a few minutes. the last game (USA-Japan) is now underway with USA leading 1set-0.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• You are right, but if Poland will play with Bulgaria in 1/4, we will meet with Brazil in final - it results from a statute [or I'm wrong?]. So it's the main reason I want Poland to play with Bulgaria.

I really don't see a proper reason why you are so sure that Poland will beat Bulgaria if we play against you...

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Ekhmm, USA is leading, but... we'll not know in a few minutes, it'll take 45 mins. Kazyiski said that the old team is back. I really wish them ver big luck, and to prepare and to go in the quarterfinal and to play like in the game with Russia in WC 2007, or even more! Just not to go and loose with big difference like they will know it's all over. I wished this team will be Brazil we're facing only to say to people of China "Thank you for this Olympic Games u have prepared and of course for all bulgarian fans!" Just to play for the people!

• Ekhmm, USA is leading, but... we'll not know in a few minutes, it'll take 45 mins.

oh yeah :lol:

im also excited. my bet: POLAND VS BULGARIA, RUSSIA VS ITALY

• oh yeah :lol:

im also excited. my bet: POLAND VS BULGARIA, RUSSIA VS ITALY

My bet also. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona