2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Tsvetanov lacks power in spiking, I don't think he will improve the middle attack of Bulgaria.

Anyway, MB power depends a lot of the setter. Zhekov don't use his MB as well as top world setters, that's why he is so criticized.

• Tsvetanov lacks power in spiking, I don't think he will improve the middle attack of Bulgaria.

Anyway, MB power depends a lot of the setter. Zhekov don't use his MB as well as top world setters, that's why he is so criticized.

Yes ,I agree partially for Zhekov,but E.Ivanov hasn't power in spiking ,even if the setter set to him perfectly.He servs with less power too and his block is the same as Tsvetanov's.E.Ivanov is elder and weak at all,but this is his last big tournament(and what if it is :what: ).Tsvetanov can works better with Zhekov ,because of their yaers at Levski Siconco.

• Good Luck to Bulgaria. :thumbsup:

• Nervous quarterfinal? No, only Russians will be nervous, it's sure they will beat and finally their federation will get revenge for Matey Kaziyski's leaving from Dinamo. And to play at 10 am in the morning for us will be not so good, we haven't played many games at 10 am. But I knwo that this will be :white: over for us. Only thing thing we can do is to follow them point for point , just as we did in the World Cup. Can we fight for every point again? Possibly no, because reception is bad, or Salparov ... is not training acrobatics now. This will be last game in Olympics for this team, because Konstantinov, Nikolov and Ivanov are leaving. But I know we deserve to take them at least one set and to pray for next competition in which we can believe in miracle again to go in final! So there will be a fight, but winner will be Russia. :S

It aint over till its over. Until the last point of the game is scored, it's still anybody's ball game.

@ Ruskii,

I agree with you. Inorder for you to be the champion, you need some luck. Had Poland not defeated Russia, It might be more difficult for Brazil to reach the finals. But given the real situation, im sure they will cruise past China. The Poland-Italy winner might also challenge Brazil. But between the 2..Poland has the better chance of challenging Brazil. And if they start to pick where they left off in their victory against Russia, they will definitely surprise Brazil.

USA-Russia in the semi's is a good match (If USA will win over Serbia, Russia over Bulgaria). How i wish it is the finals. :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Nervous quarterfinal? No, only Russians will be nervous, it's sure they will beat and finally their federation will get revenge for Matey Kaziyski's leaving from Dinamo. And to play at 10 am in the morning for us will be not so good, we haven't played many games at 10 am. But I knwo that this will be :white: over for us. Only thing thing we can do is to follow them point for point , just as we did in the World Cup. Can we fight for every point again? Possibly no, because reception is bad, or Salparov ... is not training acrobatics now. This will be last game in Olympics for this team, because Konstantinov, Nikolov and Ivanov are leaving. But I know we deserve to take them at least one set and to pray for next competition in which we can believe in miracle again to go in final! So there will be a fight, but winner will be Russia. :S

"Yf you do not believe you can do it, then you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• If the Bulgarians themselves wont believe in their Athletes, then who would?

Its anybody's ball game.

Even i am still believes that Serbia may beat USA.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• If the Bulgarians themselves wont believe in their Athletes, then who would?

WE DO, believe me, the real fans never give up. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• WE DO, believe me, the real fans never give up. :)

Thats very nice to hear. Best of wishes to your team tomorrow. :)

• Thats very nice to hear. Best of wishes to your team tomorrow. :)

Thanks, i will say the same to your team for tomorrow because we want revenge. :P It seems that in women volley it will become 2:2 and tie-break will decide Italy or USA qualify for 1/2. ;)

• Heh, USA have beaten Italy in tie-break. I'm not convinced that we'll die tomorrow, just I don't want this game to be the same as in the World League. They gave interview and seemed unhappy. Uaaaaaa ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( I want them go in 1/2 I want them to go thereeee

• They will! I DO BELIEVE :D :woohoo: Come on real fans! I wanna see your hands up! :lol:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• They will! I DO BELIEVE :D :woohoo: Come on real fans! I wanna see your hands up! :lol:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: - I think it is enough :P

• Definately, AFROMAN! :P Thank you for the support ;) :woohoo:

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• We need this win because our sport is in very bad condition, and not only this, but other countries see in us good athletes and made us not to go like weightlifters.And I'm sure about Chinese wanted this it's pretty obvious who won so many medals in We even have no hall for volleyball players, now FIVB wants to play in more than 5k seats halls. Mayor of Sofia said it will be built one, but we know when... After our team become weak, after this generation is gone, or this means.. never! But one Olympic medal - silver will made finally our government to invest in sports (possibly they will build only this hall fast). And I saw Russia - Germany game. At 14-14 in tie-break Poltavskiy spikes and referee says it's block-out when in tv-rep was pretty obvious it was no block!

• Poltavsky rulezzz!! :dance6: Bye-bye Bulgaria!

Bulgaria - Russia 1:3 (25:20, 16:25, 22:25, 21:25)

• Congratulations to Russia, why they didn't served strong? Such a pitful game from Bulgaria, mistakes and this team is going out. No Konstantinov, no Nikolov, but others will come. Maybe in the next 2-3 years they will have better chance, but surely no final. If USA qualifies for 1/2-final, everybody must think that now USA will have big chance for final! It won't be so easy. Nastja why are u supporting Russians?

• Congratulations to Russia :/

Bulgaria starts very good in 1-st set, but after that ZHEKOV makes a few mistakes and my be this was a reason to lose 2-nd set. In the 3-th a think the game was equivalence put after a mistake for referee and yellow card for our Head Coach(point for Russia) we lose motivation. In 4-th set game was equivalence again.. point for point but POLTAVSKIY help a lot in the end of match. May be if we have more change we can win.
    Very good reception for TETYUKHIN(he make a lot of point also) and Libero VERBOV, for attack - MIKHAYLOV. For BG NT good play for KAZIYSKI and NIKOLOV.