World Championship Japan 2010

• Is anyone know about the date of final round exactly?

It is not formally annouced yet by FIVB .

Maybe 11/5 quater-final ,11/7semi-final, 11/9final round ?Am I right?

First round 29.Oct-3.Nov, Second round 6-10.Nov, Semifinals 13.Nov, Final 14.Nov

http://www.fivb.ch/EN/Volleyba…ps/2010/Women/Formula.asp

• Milena Rosner (has a Baby Son ^^ ) and Aleksandra Jagiełło (maternity leave) will not play this season.

• i wouldn't take this info seriously. Baranska in one of her interview said that after her wedding day she will be at Matlak disposal, and yes Jagielo wants a baby but it's not set in stone whether she will play in NT or not. let's hope Baranska and Jagielo will play this season cus without them it won't be even Team A-i think it will be more like team C or D ...

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I just looked up at the pool compositions and wow at Pool A! Easiest group ever :lol: Poland, Japan and Serbia will qualify to the 2nd round without much problem.

Pool B is so strong! OMG

Same with Pool C and Pool D

But what is interesting will be the 2nd round.

:thumbsup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I believe the favourites to winning the 2010 WCH are Russia, USA, Italy and Brazil.

Unfortunately either USA, Italy or Brazil won't be able to make it for the semifinals.
    I believe the fourth semifinalist will be Japan, Poland, Serbia, the Dominican Republic or Turkey.

• hey guys,

my name is ardenn. i am from toronto canada. Just wanna know if any of you guys are watching the worlds in japan this november? I just looked into buying tickets. I am interested in going but don't know if the price of tickets are for a whole day's worth of matches or just for a particular match. They dont specify the match, just the day. Ive only watched 2 games in my life so i don't know how it goes with multiple matches per day set up. Hope to hear from you guys! thanks!

• I believe the favourites to winning the 2010 WCH are Russia, USA, Italy and Brazil.

Unfortunately either USA, Italy or Brazil won't be able to make it for the semifinals.
    I believe the fourth semifinalist will be Japan, Poland, Serbia, the Dominican Republic or Turkey.

i think that japan is the dark horse here....

if Russia and Brazil will play well they have no problem reaching the semifinals

i think Italy must improve themselves a lot
    and USA must be consistent

• polish team which will prepare for wch...
    NO SKOWRONSKA!! :white: :white: and no Skorupa. GLINKA IS BACK :super:
    setters- Sadurek, Wolosz
    MB-Gajgal, Bednarek, Okuniewska, Tokarska
    OH-Glinka,Jagielo, Kosek ,Baranska ,Szcurek
    Opp-Kaczor,Zaroslinska
    Libero.Maj Zenik

• NO SKOWRONSKA!! :white: :white:

Very good. Kaczor and Zaroślińska have big potential and fight Spirit. I don't think that Malgorzata Glinka will help Team but sometimes She played very well.

• OMG.... I'm shocked!
    I;m happy, that Glinka will play at WCH, but no Skowrońska? And IMO Skorupa is the best Polish setter... :what:

well i think it wasn't all about current shape. we all know that Skowronska didin't go along well with Matlak . i mean he was moaning and whining about her in every single interview he made. i', pissed cus i know how important NT is for Kasia :(

adn replacing Skorupa with Wolosz is also weird. sure Kasia was playing bad but did Sadurek play well?? oh hell no. i'm not a big fan of Skorupa but Skorupa in-form is by miles our best setter

• well i think it wasn't all about current shape. we all know that Skowronska didin't go along well with Matlak . i mean he was moaning and whining about her in every single interview he made. i', pissed cus i know how important NT is for Kasia :(

adn replacing Skorupa with Wolosz is also weird. sure Kasia was playing bad but did Sadurek play well?? oh hell no. i'm not a big fan of Skorupa but Skorupa in-form is by miles our best setter

I believe, that Kasia could be in good shape at WCH, and I just don't understand why Matlak didn't give her chance. He could resign from her little bit later, not now at start.

• Hope Glinka will play opposite.She is a bit teribble at recieving :lol:.Kosek and Baranska are playing well just polish team had problems with opposite position.Skowronska is not suprise for me she played a bad GP :mad:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I'm also surprised with Skorupa's absence ?(
    Skowrońska's performance in GP was very, very weak, so i understand
    Matlak. But do we know anything about Glinka's shape? She was out of
    play in NT for so long time...

Jagieło :thumbup: Werblińska...Oh, come on :white: :roll: ( I mean the surname, not the person of course).

These player-coach arguments in our NT statrs to be boring and annoying...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Hope Glinka will play opposite.She is a bit teribble at recieving :lol:.Kosek and Baranska are playing well just polish team had problems with opposite position.Skowronska is not suprise for me she played a bad GP :mad:

You're right. I know Skowronska is one of the biggest volleyball stars in Poland, and she's a good player, but since she's in really bad shape, The team doesn't need her anymore. I'm not saying It's over. when she gets much better, she probably will get called by the National team again. also, what a shame that Skorupa is out too.
    on the other hand, so glad that Glinka is back. hopefully We're gonna see her powerful spikes :rose:

Baranska-Kosek(Jagielo)
    Gajgal-Bednarek
    Glinka(Kaczor)
    Sadurek
    Zenik

Good luck, polish team!

• I would like to say something about Gosia Glinka's comeback. First of all she's only on the list of 15 who will prepare to World Championships. We don't know how good she's now although she trained with NT this year and after that Matlak still has wanted her ;). If Glinka even go on World Championships she won't be a starting six player. Some time ago Matlak said that he has prepared for her a role of "super substitute player":P

I don't want to comment Matlak's decision about Skowrońska and Skorupa. He's a coach and he has to decide.