World Championship Japan 2010

• I think FIVB is passing the limits to make things easier for Japan and Poland, maybe I'll be unfair in my coment, and I'm sorry for that, but is not first time we see this two teams having easy ways to get into Olympic Games.

Well, it may look like that. But generally this time Poland is in the group with the hosts, and that's why it is much easie than other groups. Of course- it looks strange. On the other hand - Poland may win this group, but I wouldn't be surprised, if we finished behind Serbia or Japan. It depends on many factors (Polish squad, acclimatisation, while first game is against Japaneses). But it is absolutely true - the pools are totally unballanced...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Host always has an adventage - see Italy and men WCH 2010 - very easy way to semifinal !

Teams ranked no 1 and 2 are usually in strong groups. That is not connected to Japan or Poland but "old" FIVB rules.

Other question is my favourite topic - wild cards ?

• Well, it may look like that. But generally this time Poland is in the group with the hosts, and that's why it is much easie than other groups. Of course- it looks strange. On the other hand - Poland may win this group, but I wouldn't be surprised, if we finished behind Serbia or Japan. It depends on many factors (Polish squad, acclimatisation, while first game is against Japaneses). But it is absolutely true - the pools are totally unballanced...

Yeah..agree..like I said...for me ws just strange, I think could at least balanced putting group A to face group C and GRoup B to face group D, would be at least more balanced. BUt I understand they always make things easier for teh host, the problem in female volley that the host is always Japan!!!:S

• Yes, I'm too tired of the fact that Japan opens all the tournaments at their own home. (to be honest I'm not a fan of Japanese team at all). yeah, basicially everyone knows that Volleyball is one of the most popular sports in Japan,but I wish FIVB would give come chance to another countries in Europe or Brazil or somewhere to open(Poland has a load of volley fans as far as I know and even Italy or wherever).
    well,but even so It's not bad that Japan is not like a tough team as tough as Brazil or Italy or The Netherlands which is really strong and deserve to be called 'a strong team' :P

• Ireally dont understand this gourps!!!I mean...ok was bad already the fourth groups balance, but even more now knowing that B and C will faced...and A and D...I mean...is just absurd, only volleyball loose with that!

I think FIVB is passing the limits to make things easier for Japan and Poland, maybe I'll be unfair in my coment, and I'm sorry for that, but is not first time we see this two teams having easy ways to get into Olympic Games. And the things is I dont understand why...but is very lickely that Japan and Poland will get higher performances in this World Championship then they would do if they get stronger groups...in my opinion..like this Poland even have big chances to get into semifinals of World Championship. And higher qualification in the end means more points to rank...dont know..everything seems very strange to me right now....like I said maybe I'm being unfair in my comments, cause they dont have any base, jsut my view over everything...

The fact is, I think only volleyball looses with this, quase the quality of the semifinals wont be the same and final result wont be the most fair for what teams are playing right now.

Well...
    I don't think that this time there is something made for Poland in mind...
    Japan is the host and I think they only prefer to play against us than agianst Netherlands ( they even put us to play 1st match against them again - look --> Olympic World Qualifying. So I think this is the main reason for not updating the ranking on time...
    Of course Poland gets wildcards to WGP and WCup but I think that this time it is all made up for Japan. And what can I say about this wildcards - the main reason is that there as so many supporterts in Poland and in some other countries there are no one to watch the matches ( see --> Euro Champs in Turkey 2009, in BEL/LUX in 2007, in Croatia in 2005 etc....). And there comes along TV coverage in Poland from every big volleyball event in Polsat Sport so this is also one of the reasons for wildcards. FIVB wants Poland because there is tv coverage and as you all know from this forum in some other European countries there is no coverage at all...
    And the last thing I don't think that group D with RUS, CHN, DOM and TUR is much weaker than C (sorry but Cuba didn't even qualified for WGP in 2009 and 2010 , and USA this year - is like a good joke - I don't think they can improve in one year...)

• . yeah, basicially everyone knows that Volleyball is one of the most popular sports in Japan

Actually, Japaneses are interested in their own volleyball teams, not in volleyball generally... :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It is good for Turkey :drink: We can win all matches but the hardest team (in Group D) is China for us..The other groupe(Group A) is very easy...Of course the hardest group is B.. The last Euroepan champion Italy, runners up Netherlends and very very strong team Brazil..

• It is good for Turkey :drink: We can win all matches but the hardest team (in Group D) is China for us..The other groupe(Group A) is very easy...Of course the hardest group is B.. The last Euroepan champion Italy, runners up Netherlends and very very strong team Brazil..

yes, it' looks easy because we can win korea, dom. rep. and canada but if we want the semi-final we must win china or russia and i think that we can win serbia, poland, and japan ... but we should do matches with the asian teams .. :cup: :drink:

• Well...
    I don't think that this time there is something made for Poland in mind...
    Japan is the host and I think they only prefer to play against us than agianst Netherlands ( they even put us to play 1st match against them again - look --> Olympic World Qualifying. So I think this is the main reason for not updating the ranking on time...
    Of course Poland gets wildcards to WGP and WCup but I think that this time it is all made up for Japan. And what can I say about this wildcards - the main reason is that there as so many supporterts in Poland and in some other countries there are no one to watch the matches ( see --> Euro Champs in Turkey 2009, in BEL/LUX in 2007, in Croatia in 2005 etc....). And there comes along TV coverage in Poland from every big volleyball event in Polsat Sport so this is also one of the reasons for wildcards. FIVB wants Poland because there is tv coverage and as you all know from this forum in some other European countries there is no coverage at all...
    And the last thing I don't think that group D with RUS, CHN, DOM and TUR is much weaker than C (sorry but Cuba didn't even qualified for WGP in 2009 and 2010 , and USA this year - is like a good joke - I don't think they can improve in one year...)

I understand there is a reason behind the wild cards, cause the broadcast and everything. I even understand that the host in case Japan has the advantage, I agree is like these all the time. I just dont thik is very fair, cause is always the same ones that has the advantage. And I'm not saying this is Poland fault or Japans fault, of course not, you have nothing to do with that, if FIVB put things like that..hehe. Is just that for me, sounds not fair Japan be always the host. But please dont think that I have something against Poland, Polish people or what so ever, I've just been there and loved the country, and indeed you are great volleyball fans..hehe :flower:

I think FIVB should try to change a bit this political aspects, maybe if they work to spread volleyball more, more people would watched and get interested for it in different countries. So maybe different countries could be the host, and maybe also they should try to play a bit for the teams too, not only the marketing area. Sometimes for me is more fair that the best teams in the moment, with best results gets the wild card. Cause like this you have a higher volleyball level, you see this World GRand Champions Championship now, really what is fair in Korea winning the wild card, would not be better for the quality of the tournament if some better team won it? I mean.I think FIVB should think in that too!

And I agree with you maybe right now Turkey and Dominicans sounds better teams then USA and Cuba, but like always happens, in important competitions as a World Championship, I believe USA and CUba will try to go with best team possible, and if they do that, they are much better than Dominican and Turkey. Not only the game but also the tradition and the shirt, that for me in female volley still counts a lot.

Anyway, I was just trying to say I was sad cause I think the final reasult wont represent the level the teams are playing right now, but I can be wrong. Now is wait to see what happens in the World Championship. Everygame is a big fight, and in general have great teams, so, have everything to be a good tournament. ^^

• yes, it' looks easy because we can win korea, dom. rep. and canada but if we want the semi-final we must win china or russia and i think that we can win serbia, poland, and japan ... but we should do matches with the asian teams .. :cup: :drink:

Like Internatıonal Volleyball Championship China and we can go Japan or Korea.I want to ask something: Why Turkey doesnt join Yeltsin Cup, Montreux or Abu Dhabi. :thumbdown: ..I think ıf we are join that tournaments ıt will be really good for Turkey.. :win:

• i think that in 2006 serbia did a big surprise and in 2010 turkey can do this ...

• Yes!!! Gülden, Çiğdem , ıf Aysun plays good in league she must be in the team.. :|

i don't want deniz in this team she's the weak point :(

• gözde is better than deniz i think ... and seda is reciving so good in fba :) this is so good for us .