World Championship Japan 2010

• I like both USA and Japan..... I don't care who wins as long as both teams play their best. This is gonna be bitter sweet match for me ;(

Russia is going to win...they play perfect power volleyball and the height shall give them the edge. Brazil sometimes commit mental lapses which is a no no against Russia.... 3 to 4 careless errors will give Russians the set lead and I'll bet they will never allow Brazil to overtake till 25th point. USA suffers this.... the US commits error early in the 4th set giving the lead to Russia and the Americans never catch up even they side out successfully.

• Though Japan beat us in the group matches,i felt so sad for Japan team and the funs.Japan played great.It seemed to me that Brazil underrated Japan team.They were about to pay the price but they were lucky this time because they have a player called Fabiana.
    Congrats our team fro the win.Bravo Neriman! also Nesli and Eda!
    I think German team looked for Grün.
    Btw, i felt sad for Dutch team and Dutch fans.They lost 3-2 to Poland.

• am I the only one who's watching ITA-SRB? :thumbsup: Forza Ragazze!!! Andiamo !!

Ciao!!You're Italian? :D

• * Great match BRA-JPN -who could have thought it would turn to be the best match in the WCH, together with USA-ITA?
    * Very hard task to foresee who wil get the WCH title.... I guess RUS, but only if they play at 100%...
    * WCH is upsetting hyerarchies among NTs, it's interesting to see the rise of TUR- GER- JAP.... and RUS itself (after a disappointing OG)
    * Should ITA rank 5th, I'd consider it a good achievement, a result that would make easier the task of rejuvenating the team and refresh the style of playing. (Costagrande needed,,,)
    * ECH2011 are likely to be very challenging, I foreseee tough confrontation among 'newcomers' and 'falling stars' like POL- NED, looking for revenge.

• It really is shameful, but Brazil has shown it has the strength to overcome difficulties.
    When Brazil play is concentrated at a level above any team.
    Tomorrow these mistakes were not repeated.
    I believe in the victory of Brazil. :cup:

• Brazilians are indeed the underdogs this time but I'm still crossing my fingers that they will win against Russia tomorrow (i hope they don't again become so NERVOUS this time), good thing Fabiola utilized her middle blockers a lot against Japan, coz she will be needing more of that against the big tall Russians...Good luck Brazil!!!

• They need to recover and prepare for the bronze medal match. Who will set in the next match for USA? Berg or Glass?

I think Glass will be the starter. I mean she struggled a little bit in the last two matches, but she's a amazing setter for her age. She needs to improve a lot though. Her quick sets are too low most of the time, but she is a fascinating runnig setter, maybe one of the best. Plus she stands at 1.84m and is the better blocker.

I would go with Alisha, if she struggles then sub for the much more expierenced Berg.

I really hope the USA can conquer the bronze medal tomorrow. I expect a long herd fought match. USA has the better attack, but Japan is sooo quick in defense and they have homefield advantage.
    The US girls should be able to win this game. They deserve the bronze medal. They have had the whay tougher schedule. But you never know, Japan gave Brazil a hard time today...

• Haha, No. I'm Swedish. :whistle: but I speak Italian :)

:lol: I had imagined him!!! :D FORZA ITALIA!!

• So sad , but i'm pround of this Japan team. Kimura Saori and co. Tomorrow is the hard match with USA but I hope Japan can do.

Go Go Nippon.

• i hope this tournament is bye bye ticket for Matlak

Please, tell me who - in your opinion - should replace him :?: Cause I see no candidate who could give us guarantee of successes. He took place in the "10", which is much better, than male team place (an our male team has much bigger potential). I wouldn't say that Matlak lost - he achieved quite good result with average team.
    Serbia lost, we beat Holland - this teams won't get us in FIVB rankings, which is very important in European qualies for OG :thumbup:
    BRA-JPN game was absolutely great. Japan played the best game in last years, but lost. Probably Japaneses lost also their biggest chance for WCh gold. I'm not sure they will have such a chance any more.
    USA disappointed me. I was hoping for victory over Russia, but Russians were better. Sad but true... :(
    we are going to have 2006 replay in the final: BRA-RUS. Although it is rather boring to have all the titles in Brazilian hand, I will cheer for Brazil tomorrow. However - Russians are favourites to me. They seem to be in realy great shape, have been playing very good volleyball with less mistakes. And Brazilian players might be tired after that battle against Japan.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• him? who? ?(

Oh sorry my mistake,I don't speak english very well :( :lol:

• To the Final with 34 errors? What a shame.

Your comment looks like a sore loser :lol:
    Well you can look the other side as well. How about Japan who got 35 points with brazilian mistakes and yet coudln't manage to win the game? People only talk about how Japan did their best but even with free 35 points they didn't make it to the finals. I'm sure many other national teams wouldn't mind being in brazilian spot right now if you asked them "but oh... oh... you can reach the final but you're gonna make 35 mistakes in a single game... are you sure you still want to play the gold medal game?" :lol:

I still think Russia will win tomorrow. It's great to realize the gold medal will be played by the 2 NTs that didn't lose yet.

• If Japan would have block Brazil would cry now. But everybody know that Japanese Players are small without this element. I hope tomorrow Russia will show Brazil how They-Brazil play now. Here block will be and if Brazil will have 35 errors match will end about one hour.

• Please, tell me who - in your opinion - should replace him :?: Cause I see no candidate who could give us guarantee of successes.

This is true. You never know what you might get. I can find old thread with some fans really happy to get Matlak. :)
    I disagree with his decisions but I am not ready to fire him just yet. But I would like to know what the players think.

On the other hand if he is fired, I am available for job! :)

• If Japan would have block Brazil would cry now. But everybody know that Japanese Players are small without this element. I hope tomorrow Russia will show Brazil how They-Brazil play now. Here block will be and if Brazil will have 35 errors match will end about one hour.

Good point Bartek! If just Japan would have a better block! :whistle: Japanese team found the key to disrupt Brazilian play: serve long, not short!! They continuosly put pressure on Brazilian reception, so Fabiola could not play with middles and with attackers efficiently. If Russia would do the same tomorrow with the Russian high block, Brazilians attackers will have huge difficulties to score points. If we add that now Russians know how to defend! On the other hand Russia is not so reception-linked team as Brazil is. Even with so-so reception they can score points.

Congrats to Japan, but they really could have won.