Champions League 2008/2009

• i think it's a scandal what Iraklis's fans just did during match Iraklis-VFB ,first of all no one should even allow them to enter to hall with flare and they fire it before even match finish :hit: CEV should consider some penelty for Greek club

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Tragedy. AZS Chestochowa played the worst match which i have ever seen. AZS showed maybe 35% of skills. Trentino demolished Polish young team :hit: :hit: :hit: but Trento in my opinion did not show own the best playing.. Czestochowa did not fight as a spectators expected. Maybe the main reason was a stress .They blocked wonderful and have in the team Winiarski and Visotto. Polish man and Brasilian man are 2 great players. I think AZS loose match before starts game. Personally I think Trento will be playing in Prague in Final with PGE Skra Belchatów

• Yes, it's a pity AZS finished Champions League that way. Polish players looked like they lost their faith after firs set. However, AZS Częstochowa has made a great surprise in this season. Except the last game :huh:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• i think it's a scandal what Iraklis's fans just did during match Iraklis-VFB ,first of all no one should even allow them to enter to hall with flare and they fire it before even match finish :hit: CEV should consider some penelty for Greek club

But what really happened? Were they throwing the flares or just had it? I didn't watch the game.

The most important 3:

• But what really happened? Were they throwing the flares or just had it? I didn't watch the game.

no they didin't throw it(thank god :D ) but they fired it after 1st set and the whole area was covered with smoke and they stop the match for about 30 minutes. you just couldn't see anything through that smoke

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Acha, thanks mateo :)

The most important 3:

anyone knows what is with Giba ?
    is he injured ?

On the webpage of Iskra it is said that he got injured during the last championship game against Yaroslavich. It also says it is not that serious, but they didn't want to risk today. I hope he plays in Prague though! Final Four is in three weeks' time, I guess he will be alright till then!

I totally agree with you, mateo. But 4 or 5 idiots, who thought they were in a football ground, can’t represent 2,500 people who were into the hall celebrating for their team. And I can tell you (the incident happened 10 meters away from me) that since they fired the flares they were kicked out of the stands by other fans that were around. But beside this incident the atmosphere was fantastic. Definitely this year's best!! At the end we were applauding VfB players, especially Idi (he was part of our team 2 years ago and we like him very much). It was really nice to see him again even as an opponent, although he didn’t play very well (which was actually good for us). :D

• No fight, no faith - very sad and dissapointed farewell with Champions League by Skra Bełchatów. Iskra Odintsovo didn't even get tired yesterday so that eliminate Polish team. Generally Skra played in this CHL season either great or lost in a very bad style looking like twice time worse team than opponent. Nothing between. I wouldn't have had anything against Skra's defeat against Iskra, if Polish team had caused Iskra any problems. They couldn't have? Didn't know how? I have no idea. To be honest - the level of the revange between Iskra and Skra was very low, if we consider the stage of competition.
    All Polish teams lost their 2nd legs in straight sets. Sad but true :( It's not easy to remember about good season, if it ends like that...

The most important 3:

• and you must add, both opponents of polish teams had HUGE missings, and on this level it must be enough to decide matches. In first match Trentino lost 3 (half of lineup) players during game and Iskra played first match wo Abramov and second wo Giba, Butko and Egorchev. It is sad but seems like old known story about looser (with big L) mentality of polish players and clubs.Seems no other diagnostic could be given.

• VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN is the winners of the 2009 Press Awards
    After a careful evaluation of the press activities performed all the season through, the European Volleyball Confederation is happy to inform the volleyball community that VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN of Germany and Serbian Postar 064 BEOGRAD clinched the Press Award for their outstanding performances during the CEV Indesit Champions League 2008/09. Both clubs will be receiving 6,500 € as a reward for the great job their local press officers have been doing from the start of the season up to the Playoffs.
    The European Volleyball Confederation would also like to sincerely thank all the participating clubs and their respective press officers for the precious and helpful support they have been granting to the CEV Communication Department in submitting their stories, pictures and press clippings in due time, thus sticking most of the times to the Official Regulations developed for that competition. This was for sure a common and choral effort we all performed for enhancing the media and press coverage this competition is benefiting of all over Europe!
    Congratulations to the winners of the Press Award and once again many thanks to all the people that have been working so effortlessly and passionately over the past five months!

Rankings – Best three

Men
    1. VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN (GER)
    2. PGE Skra BELCHATOW (POL)
    3. Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL)

• Italian teams are big favourites for this F4 it is really bad luck they must play real finals in semifinals. Since for Trentino in CL could play best team (in italy cannot cause of number of foreigns rule) i see them as no1 favourites of this tournament in neutral venue. Only thing that can be bad for them is Trentino is team without tradition, they came to semis in first time playing CL, but players are extra class and see them as winners this weekend.

• Take that, Macerata!!! There was only one team today on the field and it was the Italian champions, not the pathetic Macerata! Omrcen, one ex-middle-blocker, is not enough to win the IECL, Swiderski was anonymous today, only Martino and Lebl impressed! The reason is simple - no twin of Kaziyski, no twin of Winiarski, no twin of Grbic exist to buy them in Macerata, these three guys made a great match, Grbic MVP for me! The two undefeated teams reached the final, one undefeated will become a champion, both teams in the final tomorrow deserve the title, but if Trento plays like this again, the scenario of the second semifinal will be repeated... Personally, I am very happy of today's results because the two best teams advanced to the match for gold! Even if Lube becomes the new Italian champion this year, Trentino showed them tonight who the better team is!!! Good luck to the two finalists and hope we can see a great final!

• Iraklis - Trento was my dream final from the very beginning 8o. I agree with YavorD that if Trento play the same way as they did today they definately will take the cup. I really didn't expect that Iraklis would win against Iskra but it happened so I am very happy. Now am waiting for the great final where I hope Trento will take what they deserve :win: . Just only one thing to add:

Nicola Grbic - :obey:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I suppose also tomorrow Trentino will be a winner. I wish them that.

The most important 3:

• I see only I support Iraklis in final match heh ;)

me too, so at least we're not alone... ;)
    go Iraklis!! but i think it's going to be very hard for them.. :(
    Macerata played the worst match i've ever seen of this team...ever. and right in a crucial moment...bah

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• I wouldn't say that Macerata played bad, or Omrcen wasn't good. Remember guys, Macerata isn't a team, who's just feeded by money, you have the international's best player's on court, just like Trentino. The times are over, where just money decides who's the better Team, where not watching Football :) But as you have seen, it's very hard to stop a team when it's on fire. Trentino plays on a undescribable high level and i think no team can stop them if they play like yesterday. Macerata just had a bad day, or 1-2 players of them. Imagine Grbic or Visotto would have had a bad day, the match could have ended with the better end for Macerata. But i have never seen Nikola havin a bad day since '99 :)
    GO TRENTINO!!!
    My opinion about the final:
    Trentino 3 - 1 Thessaloniki