Champions' League 2008/09

• Referee also made two mistakes in the end of the fourth set in favor of Pesaro but it didn't work. My congratulations to Bergamo for being the first team to beat Scavolini.

Yes, the situation was very close to Telekom - Dinamo game. But instead of loosing the hold of the game Bergamo just started to play even better and hit even harder. That is how a TRULY GREAT team responds to referee mistakes: by winning the match. Whining, complaining WILL NOT work.

I also respect Italian audience more: they showed much more respect for both host and visitor teams. Oh, and it is not OK to boo after the game like Telekom fans did. Not cool.

Congratulations to Bergamo.

• Actually it was Kasia that made the final mistake in match.

It was Costagrande ;)
    I think Pesaro's main problem today was Ferretti, she didn't play very precise and also not always clever. Reception also was a bit worse than usual (although statistics don't agree with me, but that was my impression), and Bergamo simply had a quite good day, so it was a deserved victory.

And about referee mistake, it was much worse than yesterday, Guiggi's attack was not even near the line. In general I agree with everything lombin38 said :thumbup:

• Yeah, finally they broke down. Not that Foppapedretti played weak, but it was a bad day for Skowronska and Jacqueline. Actually it was Kasia that made the final mistake in match. And it all went much easier for the visiting site when Piccinini entered the game and showed her best spikes :box:

actually it was Costragrande who try to shoot someone in the audience at the end of the match. IMO Skowronska was good today but Feretti don't use her that much(she was best scorer in her team with 18 points 50% in attack 5 blocks)so she play rather good match. speaking of Feretti-you can't win with a team like BErgamo with such a dreadfull seting
    every series have to finish someday to bad thet it was in such important match

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• It was Costagrande ;)
    I think Pesaro's main problem today was Ferretti, she didn't play very precise and also not always clever. Reception also was a bit worse than usual (although statistics don't agree with me, but that was my impression), and Bergamo simply had a quite good day, so it was a deserved victory.

And about referee mistake, it was much worse than yesterday, Guiggi's attack was not even near the line. In general I agree with everything lombin38 said :thumbup:

Here, here. Agree with you back.

I like good volleyball. It is great when my team wins. But if the other team plays better and win, fine. Volleyball wins after all.

• Yes, the situation was very close to Telekom - Dinamo game. But instead of loosing the hold of the game Bergamo just started to play even better and hit even harder. That is how a TRULY GREAT team responds to referee mistakes: by winning the match. Whining, complaining WILL NOT work.

I also respect Italian audience more: they showed much more respect for both host and visitor teams. Oh, and it is not OK to boo after the game like Telekom fans did. Not cool.

totally agree with you.and as a telekom fan ı'd complained about the refree too much yesterday.but that wasn't the main thing..we had to play better...

• P.S. I hope Vesna Citakovic will swallow her chewing gum some day during the match :roll:

Jelena Nikolic and Anja Spasojevic also are chewing gum during matches, I think Serbian players reduce their stress with gum :)

• Jelena Nikolic and Anja Spasojevic also are chewing gum during matches, I think Serbian players reduce their stress with gum :)

Yes, I know. It might be, but sometimes it looks like a disrespect for the opponent...

P.S. This is also an answer for Joana :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It Was very nice match, I thought that Muszynianka will surrender and that will be quick 0:3 Mirka was the best, in Muszyna team coach Serwinski must substitute a couple of girls from the first six.

I see no chances for Muszyna in hard to play place as Turkey

congratulations "U cioci Basi"

• Pesaro win 3-0. You will see ;) . They are very strong team and can to defeat Foppa.

• She is faster?Let's wait and see,will she get any single prize in any SENIOR world wide competetion in the future!

have a look this link about a news for naz aydemir in fivb sites. everybody see she will be a setter as wonderful as kirillova,fofao,feng,takeshita,lo bianco :thumbup:

• god damn it i can't watch those girls in green -without will to fight without ambition 4 European champion and none of them can receive ball this game remind me first with Galati ;/ eeeeehhhh
    congratulation to Eczacibasi they fully deserve this victory

• I'm so glad that Eczacıbaşı Zentiva has qualfied to final 4 :drink:
    But I'm so surprised that Fakro Muszynianka didn't fight, I tought at least they would fight for first two set, they were so good against Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta. Good luck them in Poland league.

• I didn't have a possiblity to watch Muszyna's game ( I didn't manage to come back from work), but I don't regret. It's always difficult to me to understand why Polish teams plays like that sometimes (too often) :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• sport specially volleyball is so unpredictable . how Pesaro lost that golden set? they just destroy Bergamo in "regular" time it should be 3-0 but Pesaro girls can blame only themselves they had their opponent on their knee they just have to do final blow and they lost that set;/
    the only positive think of that loose is Skowronska was brilliant once again to bad all her effort was wasted :(

• This new rule with golden set is not right. Pesaro deserved more to play in Final Four. Of course, Bergamo supporters won't agree with me. But I'm not a fan of any of this teams, and I think it was unfair result. Old system was more reasonable :huh: