Italy - Serie A1 2008/2009

• Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza 3-1 Antonveneta Padova (25:14 19:25 26:24 25:22)STATS MVP:Zlatanov

Zlatanov back to the court,Pampel maked his first show in Piacenza

Pampel played almost 1 minute... :lol: he entered the field only to have a good block in that action, but he didn't attack at all.
    The FANTASTIC news is the return of Zlatanov, and the fact that he has already forgot his injures!!
    now we have "only" Dunnes and Falasca out, but the second is unavailable for all the season and that's why we took Pampel, so it's ok...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Standing:

Lube Banca Marche Macerata 33
    Itas Diatec Trentino 32
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 29
    Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza 27
    Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari 25
    Marmi Lanza Verona 23
    Sisley Treviso 21
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 21
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 18
    Trenkwalder Modena 15
    Stamplast Martina Franca 15
    Framasil Pineto 15
    Yoga Forlì 11
    Antonveneta Padova 9

• Framasil Pineto 1-3 Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo (25:17 19:25 20:25 16:25) STATS MVP:Gonzalez
    Stamplast Martina Franca 3-1 Lube Banca Marche Macerata ( 25:17 25:14 7:25 25:17 )STATS
    Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari 0-3 Rpa-Luigibacchi.It Perugia (22:25 18:25 23:25)STATSMVP:Savani
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 1-3 Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza( 26:28 19:25 25:23 22:25 )STATS MVP:Zlatanov
    Itas Diatec Trentino 3-0 Marmi Lanza Verona( 25:17 25:19 25:20)STATS MVP:Winiarski
    Antonveneta Padova 1-3 Trenkwalder Modena(14:25 25:17 17:25 23:25) STATS MVP:Kooistra
    Sisley Treviso 1-3 Yoga Forli (25:23 19:25 22:25 20:25) STATS MVP:Fabiano Tuba

• Anybody any idea whatever happened to G. Falasca? He played a few matches for Piacenza at the beginning of the season but I've never seen him mentioned in the stats afterwards.

Same thing for Molto and Stancu in Martina Franca: they signed Mastrangelo after a few games and recently they also acquired another center named Corsini.
    Now a see that in the 3-1 victory against Macerata, Mastrangelo and Corsini are the starting centers and both Stancu and Molto dissappeared from the team roster.
    Did they move to other teams?

Did they move to other teams?

Guillermo Falasca is injured till the end of the season for sure. I don't know about Molto and Stancu but I guess they are both injured as well. I don't think they moved to other teams, I guess they are seriously injured.

• Results:

Yoga Forlì - RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 1-3 (22-25, 25-23, 23-25, 22-25)

Antonveneta Padova - Itas Diatec Trentino 2-3 (23-25, 26-24, 25-19, 16-25, 9-15)

Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo - Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari 3-0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-20)

Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Sisley Treviso 3-1 (20-25, 25-22, 25-20, 25-22)

Trenkwalder Modena - Marmi Lanza Verona 3-1 (18-25, 25-23, 25-23, 25-17)

Lube Banca Marche Macerata - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-1 (25-16, 23-25, 25-20, 26-24)

Stamplast Martina Franca - Framasil Pineto 3-2 (25-22, 25-23, 21-25, 20-25, 15-13)

Standing

Itas Diatec Trentino 37
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 36
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 35
    Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza 33
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 27
    Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari 25
    Marmi Lanza Verona 23
    Sisley Treviso 21
    Trenkwalder Modena 21
    Stamplast Martina Franca 20
    Framasil Pineto 16
    Yoga Forlì 14
    Antonveneta Padova 10

Next round 11/01/2009 H: 18.00
    Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza-Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo
    Sisley Treviso-Trenkwalder Modena (10/1/2009)
    Itas Diatec Trentino-Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia
    Marmi Lanza Verona-Stamplast Martina Franca (12/1/2009 )
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia-Lube Banca Marche Macerata
    Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari-Antonveneta Padova
    Framasil Pineto-Yoga Forlì.

• we're reaching the top....point after point...
    and yesterday great first match for Pampel! 18 points with a very few errors and a great serve. very good for us having found finally a "real" opposite.
    next round we will face Cuneo, another amazing challenge is going to be play...
    just a short comment on Treviso: they are not the dominators of the last years any longer, now none fear them, the gerarchy of Italian League is definetely changed.

• Copra Normeccanica Piacenza - Sisley Treviso 3 - 1 (20-25, 25-22, 25-20, 25-22)

It was a great game to watch! Finally, I managed to watch it live on Ring TV in Bulgaria :) I could have bet my head that Copra would take this match... just based on Sisley's recent form and overall performance this year...

Copra: The element they excelled last night was the serve - great job by all the power servers - Rak, Zlatanov, Marshall and Bjelica! Rak totally deserves the MVP since his aces were in crucial moments and his performance was great! However, in my personal opinion, Copra played well enough to beat Sisley, but not well enough to be a champion yet...in the first two sets their reception was awful, Marshall's reception was unpredictable and a bit disappointing. I don't know why but Meoni didn't play almost at all with Zlatanov at the beginning of the game. Later, when Zlatanov had more chances to spike, Piacenza were secure because of his attacks and the comeback was expected! Great substitution again for Dante Boninfante, clever setting, astonishing game for Pampel - the opposite player Copra needs to fill the gaps and help in the play-offs.

Sisley: I am very sad to see one of the greatest clubs in volleyball's history in crisis... I expected this defeat since they lost the previuos games to Cuneo, Yoga Forli, etc. I made a quick look at http://www.legavolley.it to check when was the last time without Sisley in the play-off phase. They have been eliminated in the quarterfinal play-offs but have always been in the play-offs for more than 20 years... I think that Sisley will become a champion if they play against Trentino all season long, but they are losing to the other teams and this is surprising for me... There is enough time for them to keep the top 8 position till the end of the regular season but Sisley should start winning as soon as possible. A Serie A without a strong Sisley Treviso is not with the same flavour though last year the situation was very similar... I think Sisley needs some new faces on the field. The core of this team has been the same - Papi, Cisolla, Farina, Fei, Gustavo. They cannot always be hungry for trophies (same was with Brazil this year :teach: ). I hope they will come strong in the very near future...

• in my personal opinion, Copra played well enough to beat Sisley, but not well enough to be a champion yet...in the first two sets their reception was awful, Marshall's reception was unpredictable and a bit disappointing

totally agree with your analysis. we didn't play perfect, we made some errors which could be easily avoided...
    but we're training for the Italian cup at the end of the month...there i'm sure we will play with more attention and the half of the errors made yesterday

• yes, the Cup games are important for sure! I am sure Copra will be very strong at the end of January! I was more concerned with Sisley's performance rather than Copra's... in Piacenza things are working fine :)

• Sisley simply ended his domination. Papi should stop to play, he's too old, Cisolla and Farina have won enough, they need to find new motivations maybe in another team next year, Ricardo and Gustavo can't stand each other and the president fired a coach after 15 years....i think all these elements are good enough to explain this horrible season for the "Orogranata".
    the only Fei can't save them...
    there aren't technical explainations, they're still a group of great champions, but they can't play together any longer...

• Very good discussion about the game Copra - Sisley, just to mention that Pample made good game, but again Zlatanov was beyond all, again the best. Still, I don't think Copra have chances for the title, I'll bet again on Trento as I did it last year. As long as this team has Radostin Stoychev and Matey Kaziyski.. i doubt they will be stopped, although Macherata has chances for this. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I'm curious: Zlatanov played very well in Italy's NT the last two years, and also in club matches. Why was he not a regular starting player in NT? Because of his defense?

it's the question of all Italian fans....our coach prefers Martino who is of course very strong but not as Hristo, and most of all he hasn't the experience of my team's leader. it's a mystery...

• Yeah I don't understand why Zlatanov is not in either. I think they believe they have enough attacking power and palce more emphasis on reception, so they can use the middle-attackers more. You see a lot of succesful teams playing with one really strong outside hitter that doesn't have a good reception though: Cuneo has Wijsmans, MONTICHIARI has Horstink and Trentino has Kaziyski. I might play Paparoni and Zlatanov.. but then Cisolla's reception is generally good right? So I'd just play Cisolla and Zlatanov. I like Martino as well though :P

Yeah too bad about Treviso.. time to rebuild the team. They always seem to want to hang on to the Italian National team players (which are no longer the best in the world).

• Results

Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 0-3 (23-25, 23-25, 24-26)

Sisley Treviso - Trenkwalder Modena 3-0 (25-20, 25-19, 25-18 )

Itas Diatec Trentino - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-18 )

Marmi Lanza Verona - Stamplast Martina Franca - 12/1/2009 H 20:30

RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia - Lube Banca Marche Macerata 3-2 (19-25, 29-31, 25-23, 25-23, 15-13)

Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari - Antonveneta Padova 3-0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-21)

Framasil Pineto - Yoga Forlì 3-2 (28-26, 23-25, 26-24, 21-25, 15-12).

Standing
    Itas Diatec Trentino 40
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 38
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 37
    Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza 33
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia 29
    Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari 28
    Sisley Treviso 24
    Marmi Lanza Verona 23 *
    Trenkwalder Modena 21
    Stamplast Martina Franca 20 *
    Framasil Pineto 18
    Yoga Forlì 15
    Antonveneta Padova 10

*=1 match still to play

Next round 18/01/2009
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata-Itas Diatec Trentino
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo-Marmi Lanza Verona
    Trenkwalder Modena-Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia-Framasil Pineto
    Antonveneta Padova-RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia
    Stamplast Martina Franca-Sisley Treviso
    Yoga Forlì-Acqua Paradiso Gabeca Montichiari.

• Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 0-3 (23-25, 23-25, 24-26)

someone can think i'm worried of this loss or angry...well, i would say all the contrary and i explain you why...
    when you play the worst match of the season, making only 1 ace in 3 sets, only 2 blocks, no defence, a lot of faults, a big suffer with the attack and the referee who CLEARLY(for admission also of the journalists) deny you 4 points which were yours and at the contrary were given to the opponents but you loose with only 2 points behind in every set versus the second team of the league....obviously you can only do better.
    Cuneo play perfect. simply perfect. Wijsmans unstoppable, Nikolov devastating with his serve, Gonzales left our block in totally confusion and the libero defended every single attack... we play at 50% of our possibilities, i save only Zlatanov and maybe pampel, the others are uncommentable.
    so i'm really optimistic i was saying... :) if you loose in so straight sets versus the second strenght of the championship playing so bad...what will happen when you play good? or almost perfect? and loosing now it's not important, i always repeat it...we're training hard for the Italian Cup so maybe some players are suffering this thing during the matches.
    Cuneo...Cuneo year after year seem unstoppable during the season, unbeatable....then...when the playoffs arrive....BOOM! they immediately disappear. and i think this year is going to be the same as the others...

and the referee who CLEARLY(for admission also of the journalists) deny you 4 points which were yours and at the contrary were given to the opponents

I didn't know these things happen in Italy as well :) Sad, based on the level of the league, teams, players...

• ooh unfortunately Yavor these things happen also here...especially when you play against Trento or Cuneo...i really don't know why.... :roll: :roll: a case? or not?...............
    in the past years Treviso had this "fame" , since last year things changed in favour of these 2 teams...
    ah what to do, the power of money is the strongest one everywhere...