The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• Congratulations to the US girls, though. They were a strong opponent for the Brazilian girls. :thumbup:
    Congrats to Brazil, too. First gold medal for the girls. Well done! :thumbup:

• BRAZIL wins GOLD! :cup:

I knew it! :dance6: I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy!! :drink: :woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS to the Brazilians! :flower:

• Congratulations to the US girls, though. They were a strong opponent for the Brazilian girls. :thumbup:
    Congrats to Brazil, too. First gold medal for the girls. Well done! :thumbup:

yes, congratulations also to the US team. they really worked hard to be at this level. their coach is very good. it's not just their day.

• Congratulations to Brazil! They were definitely the best team in this Olympics.

Good job USA too! Glad they got at least one set to ruin Brazil's perfect record. :lol:

• Congratulations also to the US girls! :drink: They fight so well and I got soooo tense with the match. :D 8| :lol: They are also WINNER! :cup: Good job girls! :flower:
    Again, CONGRATS to the Brazilians!! :love:

• What a blissful day!!!! :woohoo:

We are the Olympic Champions!!!!! :cup:

I knew it would be close and the performance of the American team made the Brazilian achievement even greater!
    The team was almost flawless. Just one set lost in the whole Olympic tournament!

I can't wait to hear Brazil's Anthem!!!!!!

• I'm so happy for your country Celso! :wavy: Good job! :thumbup:

• Finally Brazil could win "something" except Grand-Prix. And it's 'just' a gold on a best ever Olympic Games :whistle: What a pleasure to see Brazilian girls being soo happy, I'm very glad for them! :flower: Congratulation to all fans of the team and to everybody who were supporting Brazil during the final match! :drink:

• Congratulations to Brazil. It was a deserving victory. My hats off to Fofao. You are the MVP for me. :flower:

Congratulations to the USA ladies who wasn't even heralded at the start of this games but ended up with the silver.

Im just very happy that atleast they are getting a medal..gosh they've been struggling to get this since Atlanta/Sydney.

We saw the last olympic games of Bown, Scott-Aruda, Ahmow-Santos and Sykora. It was nice to end your careers in this way.

YEAH! :thumbsup: I really thought that the game will be short but at least the US fought and took a set..

Dani Scott-Arruda and Logan Tom made me cry. Amazing women! I'll miss you girls. ;( ;( ;(

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• congrats for Brasil they were amazing . at last they have what they dream about-gold medal. i thought it will be 5 setter and Brasil will loose it but i was wrong. they really deserve it they step on the new,higher level of play like Italy did in WOrld Cup.

but USA girls was amazing as well. the only team that win a set against Brasil that's archivement :cup: they fought really hard but there wasnt a team that was able to win with Brasil during that OG

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• WOW Erica best blocker??i know she improve her blocking skills but she is the best blocker of them all?? i wonder if there will be a turnament in which no Japanesse get any award :) but congratz to all nominated girls . i thought Fofao will get MVP but Paula was great as well.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Celso,
    I'm suspecting, that you're very happy person :P

Congratulations for Brazilian grils. They were very stressed at this match and i was wandering, does they will win... but they won and i should congratulate to the best team in the world.

• i wasn't able to watch it. brazil won. what a surprise :cheesy: .

congrats to the brazil girls for their first olympic gold; they deserve it.

congrats too to the us girls. especially jenny lang ping. their coach was able to maximize the team's potential. is their a prize for best coach?

:olympia: :olympia: :olympia:

• i actually do believe that erika araki is an excellent blocker; even the statistics agree that she is the best among the others.

yay for bergamo for getting her; i think she's a better choice than maja poljak offensively and defensively