Montreux 2009

• I have this information from a German volleyball side.

Montreux sent invitations to Brazil, China, Japan, Poland :) , Italy, Germany, The Netherlands. The eighth team is not yet known.

Now the teams must agree the invitation.

Sorry for my English :)

• but the side volleyballmasters.ch says that up to date only 4 top teams already confirmed their participation.

I hope Poland will be there :)

• When will this tournament be?

• what about turkey? will we participate to this tournament?

• cool POland in Montreux again "we" miss this year competition so it's good test for our girls-it's always nice to play with such strong teams like Brasil CHina Italy etcwe need to learn from the best teams :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• -

And CUBA ?
    RÚSSIA?
    TURKEY?
    SERBIA ?

• It is very likely that Brazil will accept this invitation. After Fofão's and Walewska's retirement, the Brazilian team will need to play as many matches as possible in order to be enough prepared for this new Olympic cycle.

• It is very likely that Brazil will accept this invitation. After Fofão's and Walewska's retirement, the Brazilian team will need to play as many matches as possible in order to be enough prepared for this new Olympic cycle.

Celso, who's the possible replacement for Fofao? Walewska's retirement isn't really that dreadful. Thaisa and Fabiana are wonderful middles.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• They have Ana Tiemi who is a tall setter and Dani Lins or Marcelle.

Ana Tiemi & Dani Lins for sure.

Brasil has good middle blockers: Thaisa, Fabiana & Caroline Gattaz

• Celso, who's the possible replacement for Fofao? Walewska's retirement isn't really that dreadful. Thaisa and Fabiana are wonderful middles.

Jist,

From what I could see, the natural substitute of Fofão is Carol Albuquerque. She intended to retire from the National Team and Zé Roberto asked her to reconsider her choice and then she decided to play for the National Team at least this Olympic Cycle. I believe the two setters of Brazil's team will be Carol Albuquerque and Dani Lins. Both of them are playing great in this edition of the Brazilian Superliga.

Carol has been playing fast and with lots of feints, and she has been more daring than ever. She's the 2nd best setter of the competition and I believe she is eager to be Brazil's team setter. Dani Lins has been playing great too and I believe it won't be easy for Zé Roberto to decide which setter will be the starter, but it goes without saying that Zé Roberto has a clear preference for Carol, because she is more experienced and also because she has been part of the group in the last Olympic Cycle.

In a recent interview, Zé Roberto said that he would also observe other setters, like Josefa Fabíola (she was Fofão's substitute in the World Cup), Ana Tiemi (she is currently Carol Albuquerque's substitute in Finasa/Osasco) and Fernandinha Ferreira (she plays for Busto Arsizio if I'm not mistaken). I believe these are the other players who can be in the Brazil's team roster, but Carol and Dani Lins are definitely the two first choices.

I believe this year some new players will be given a chance in Brazil's National Team: Dani Lins (setter), Natália (opposite / outside hitter), Joycinha (opposite), Regiane (outside hitter), Adenízia (middle-blocker) and Camila Brait (libero). I've got really impressed with Natália and Adenízia and I hope they could grab the chance they are being offered.

• I hope that Fernandinha be reconsidered as she has also international league experience - Tena Santeramo and now Yamamay Busto Arizio.

Dani Lins is good but is untested (I mean in international competitions). I think Ze Roberto will start Carol but will replace her with Dani if the latter plays well.

• Brasil 2009 Team

My Picks:

setters
    Carol, Dani Lins, Ana Tiemi

liberos
    Fabi, Camila

spikers
    Paula, Jaqueline, Mari, Natalia, Regiane

opposite
    Sheilla, Joycinha

blockers
    Fabiana, Thaisa, Caroline, Adenizia

The Brasilian team will be better this year. Saw Superliga and the Dani Lins, Carolina, Ana Tiemi are great setters. Add to the fact that they have Rezende as Rexona's coach.

are they any good?

blockers: Malu (196), Natasha (196), Luana (196)
    setters: Betina Schmidt (185)
    spikers: Thais (190)

• Latest news :

15.01.2009 - All teams participating in the 2009 edition are known
    For its 25th anniversary, the Montreux Volley Masters makes a wonderful gift to the spectators: the Olympic Champion, FIVB ranked N°1 team in the world, Brazil, will be back on the Swiss Rivera after two year’s absence! The return of the staggering South-Americans will no doubt generate incredible plays. On the occasion of their last two appearances in Montreux, the “Oriverde” had nothing but won the tournament, two years in a row. In Beijing, they proved to be in such a good shape that they were almost “undefeatable”.
    Furthermore, four out of the five best teams in the world will also attend the event in Montreux from June 9th to 14th, 2009. The remaining four teams also belong to the world elite. Further information will follow soon.

• Jaden,

I agree with you, these are the best Brazilian players in my opinion too. But I doubt that Sassá will be out of this roster. Zé Robertos likes her a lot. Besides, only 14 will be part of the group who will play the next year's competitions. I believe your picks will be very similar to Zé Roberto's when he announces the team's roster for this year's season. I believe Natália, Joycinha and Regiane will be given chances to play for Brazil, maybe each one of these players will play a different competition next year.

As for the players you are asking, Malu is really tall (1.97m), she was part of the team that won the 2007 Junior WCH, but she is too young and she is just a bench player in Finasa Osasco. The same thing happens to both Natasha (in São Caetano's team, but I am sure Natasha is 1.87m tall) and Luana (in Rexona's team, I doubt she is 1.96m tall, I believe she's not even 1.90m tall). Betina is Dani Lin's back-up, she was the setter of the 2007 Junior WCH Champions, but she almost doesn't play this season, since she's not very experienced and Dani Lins has been playing great. When it comes to Thais, there are two players with this name playing this Superliga as far as I am informed, one of them was playing for São Caetano (she was the other outside hitter of the team besides Mári) and injured her two ankles before the beginning of the Superliga, I don't even know if she will be able to play this edition of the Superliga, but she's not that brilliant and she's not 1.90m tall. The other Thaís plays for Pinheiros and she is just amazing. She is a short and skinny player, but her impulsion is amazing and she jumps very high, despite the fact that she is just 1.74m tall, she was the best attacker in the statistics of the 2007/2008 edition of the Brazilian Superliga. I really like her, she is great in spiking and serving, but I doubt she will be given a chance in the National Team because of her height.

• Celso, will some of the veterans (Mari, Sheila, Paula) leave the team temporarily to give a chance for the development of younger players? Besides they have been playing almost every year since 2005. What do you think?

• Can't wait to see who will be the other seven teams in Montreux but there will be six of the then best teams in the world and another two of the top 15. I really hope that Polish NT will come :heart:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• Celso, will some of the veterans (Mari, Sheila, Paula) leave the team temporarily to give a chance for the development of younger players? Besides they have been playing almost every year since 2005. What do you think?

Gael,

I believe this won't be case, at least in the World Grand Prix. The coach said he intends to do this, but as the Brazilian players rarely play before their Brazilian fans, it is very likely that the main team will be on court to play the World Grand Prix in Rio. As for the other competitions, I believe he might promote such changes. Brazil will play several competitions this year, the Pan-American Cup, the Montreux Volley Masters, the World Grand Prix, the South American Championship, the World Championship Qualification Tournament and probably the World Grand Champions Cup. I believe the younger players will have their chance in the other competitions of 2009, but not the WGP.