World Club Championship

• As far as I know, in the next season, for the first time ever, a World Club Championship is said to be held...Does anyone know something about it, such as number of participating teams, organizer of the event, date, etc. During the IECL final I heard the commentator mention something about Trentino's participation in this tournament as a Europe champion, and also some old threads in FIVB website regarding this possible event, but don't know much about it though...

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=19777&Language=en

This is to respond to my question from some time ago :D However, the last lines of the article sound like an ABSURDITY... Will there be something else new and stupid to be introduced - like playing with a basketball, coach not allowed to be in the sports hall during a game, or having all the 12 players on the field letting the team with the best bench win.. I would rather not see this new rule applied!

• The golden formula, wow, that's stupid!!!!

Also, maybe someone knows from which continents will the teams come from ( from Europe, Asia and South America it's not a problem) but what about Australlia and North America? (the only league in North America is the PUR league because in CAN and USA it's just college.

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=20273&Language=en

so, it will take place in November in Qatar!

Sorry, but I didn´t unterstand why Qatar.... Volleyball is not o spopular there... Why will they host the world club champioship?

• Doha Club World Cup to incorporate Golden Formula
    The FIVB and Qatari organizers have agreed to apply the Golden Formula rule at the FIVB Men’s Club World Volleyball Championship, which is returning to the international circuit after a 17-year-hiatus this November 3-8 in Doha, Qatar.

The Golden Formula playing system requires that the first attack for each team begin from the back row in an attempt to produce longer rallies.

While it will be the first time for the FIVB to test the rule, it will be business as usual for Qatar, whose national competitions have incorporated the Golden Formula to great success in recent years.

The Club World Championship will feature eight of the world’s best Volleyball clubs, including Italy’s Trentino Volley, Egypt’s Zamalek, Iran’s Payakan, and Qatar’s Al Arabi Doha. The wild cards are Poland’s PGE Skra Belchatow and Russia’s Dinamo Kazan, with teams from CSV and NORCECA to be determined at a later date.

The drawing of lots for the championship will be held in Doha in mid-August.

FIVB Board of Administration Member Essa Hamza Al Failakawi and FIVB Volleyball Events Director Piero Rebaudengo recently inspected the Doha facilities where the Club World Championship will be staged and were very pleased with their findings.

Mr. Hamza said he has great confidence in the capabilities of the Qatar Volleyball Association, under the leadership of Dr. Abdullah Yousuf Al-Mal, to organize a world-class championship.

Mr. Rebaudengo expressed his complete satisfaction with the inspection visit and ensured that all FIVB requirements will be fulfilled to an outstanding level.

• It's nice, that Skra has got this "wild card". This tournament isn't too uch important, but is prestigous for sure. After all, it will be interesting to watch teams from Iran, Quatar or Egypt :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• hi do you know if there will be also sth like that but for female ( woman team)? if yes, can you tell, when, where, who will play and so on...

• http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomed…B.asp?No=19777&Language=0

Lausanne, May 20, 2009 – The FIVB announced today that the 2009 FIVB Club World Championship scheduled for Nov. 1-9 in Doha, Qatar, will be hosted elsewhere after the Qatar Volleyball Association requested a cancellation, citing financial difficulties.

The FIVB is in talks with a number of potential National Federations who have expressed interest in hosting the prestigious club event, and is confident the competition, following a seven-year hiatus, will take place as intended in early November.

"I regret that the organizers in Doha could not fulfil their obligations," said FIVB 2nd Executive Vice-President and Sports Events Council President Theofanis Tsiokris, "but we would like to extend our thanks to them for their efforts in attempting to put on the competition. The FIVB will now look to choose a new host country from a list of interested parties."

FIVB Volleyball Events Director Piero Rebaudengo also expressed his disappointment at the cancellation following fruitful talks with the Doha organizers in recent months.

"It's a pity that the tournament won't be held in Doha as they were keen to host it and proposed many interesting ideas that we were quite excited about," said Rebaudengo. "One such proposal, the 'Golden Formula,' will be implemented at the competition regardless of where it is staged."

The Golden Formula is a rule intended to prolong rallies that requires the first attack to be from the back row. The rule is already mandatory in the Qatari domestic league.

• Hey Redhawk, I guess u r from the US.

Which team would u think represent the Norceca, in Canada and the US there aren't any leagues and in PUR it's only half a season of a league, do u know if maybe Irvine got an invitation?

• http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomed…B.asp?No=19777&Language=0

Lausanne, May 20, 2009 – The FIVB announced today that the 2009 FIVB Club World Championship scheduled for Nov. 1-9 in Doha, Qatar, will be hosted elsewhere after the Qatar Volleyball Association requested a cancellation, citing financial difficulties.

Club World Championship will take place from November 3-8 in Qatar after organizers signed a new contract to host the event with the FIVB on June 13.

• Today the draw for the World Club Volleyball Championship was supposed to be held. No information is available yet on FIVB website, but the groups are announced in Trentino's website. I haven't read any confirmation of it, but I guess they will know their opponents for sure :)

In one of the pools there are Itas Diatec Trentino (Italy), Zenit Kazan (Russia), Zamalek (Egypt) and Corozal (Puerto Rico) - as North American representative. The rest of the teams are in the other pool - Skra Belchatow (Poland), Payakan (Iran), Al Arabi Doha (Qatar) - hosts, and the last spot will be for the South American champion, which will be determined later this year.

I guess FIVB will publish more details regarding the draw tomorrow at some time.

• In one of the pools there are Itas Diatec Trentino (Italy), Zenit Kazan (Russia), Zamalek (Egypt) and Corozal (Puerto Rico) - as North American representative. The rest of the teams are in the other pool - Skra Belchatow (Poland), Payakan (Iran), Al Arabi Doha (Qatar) - hosts, and the last spot will be for the South American champion, which will be determined later this year.

Brazil’s Cimed won the South American Club Championship on Sunday with a 3-2 (25-19, 15-25, 26-24, 19-25, 15-13) victory over Brasil Volei Clube.

With the win Cimed earned a spot at the elite FIVB Men’s World Club Championship in Doha, Qatar next month, where they will play the top teams from around the globe.

• Justyna, do you know if a women version of this tournament will happen?

for those who dont know cimed team:
    setter: Bruninho
    middle-blockers: Eder, Lucao
    OH: Thiago Alves, Renato
    Opp: Bob
    Libero: Mario Jr.

except for Bob, all boys have been playing together in the club for many years..

• [color=#0000ff][font='Comic Sans MS, sans-serif']Justyna, do you know if a women version of this tournament will happen?

I've read one year ago that United Arab Emirates may host Women's World Club Championship if FIVB approves, but I don't know who resigned, FIVB or UAE, and why. Maybe they'll make this tournament in next year.

• Hi guys, congrats for the nice forum :)
    Anyone knows is the tournament going to be broadcasted?

• Hi guys, congrats for the nice forum :)
    Anyone knows is the tournament going to be broadcasted?

NOVAsports 7 will broadcast this tournament

• Is the broadcast on the internet?