Italy Serie A1 2009-2010

• Well, is not a secret for anyone that I simply love Foppa! And today is one of that moments that prove to yoy that in sport, passion is stronger then any victory or defeat. I am very proud of my team....I'm sad of course, but really proud. A team that one of the middles get in the warm up without knowing if had conditions to play cause had so many pain in teh sholder, that losses her libero in first set, and till everything against fight till the end. I could not ask for more. FOPPA FOREVER!!!! :heart:

Congratulation to Villa, they made less mistakes and deserved the victory.

• FOPPAPEDRETTI BERGAMO-MC CARNAGHI VILLA CORTESE 2-3 (22-25 28-26 25-22 19-25 12-15) ;(

Foppapedretti Bergamo:
    Ortolani 12, Serena, Carrara (L), Furst 15, Merlo (L), L. Bosetti 7, Piccinini 22, Arrighetti 11, Lo Bianco 3, Del Core 14.

MC-Carnaghi Villa Cortese: Anzanello 18, Nicora, Berg 2, Pinese, Secolo 10, Cardullo (L), Luciani, Aguero 27, Cruz 12, C. Bosetti, Durisic 16.

The final will be Scavolini PESARO vs Mc Carnaghi VILLA CORTESE. I think that Villa Cortese will be the champion.

• It was so dramatic match! Injury Merlo, and for her enter thi s young and inexperienced Carrara, which made 2 disastrous mistakes in decisive moment. Poor Foppa, poor Sara :down:

• I dont blame Sara, must be really hard to go in a game like this being so young....I think after the first mistake, Del Core being more experience could call for her that reception.....but is pass now, definetly Sara will be really sad right now and dissapointd, and probably this game will be in her mind for tonight and some nights ahead, but are moments liek this too that make the players grow, and I'm sure she will take a lot from this game in future.

I think actually that Micelli could have passed with 4 players, when Bosetti was inside court. Like this would give more security to Carrara, and same time, would make Villa service think more....but, well..the end the thruth is that Foppa made to many mistakes.

But I priud of them anyway. Furst played witha lot of pain cause of her shoulde,r and Merlo getting injury....now I just hope that is nothing serious with both, and that they can come back fast! ^^

• This is torture!! you guys talking about it makes me want to watch it even more!!! glad Villa cortese won though. I LOVE Foppa, I think they play beautiful team volleyball, but I am a huge fan of Aguero, I think both teams should have made the final. I am not a fan of Pesaro, would rather see these two teams play in the final.

Interestingly, I was looking at the league points the other day, Bergamo was the only team which lost the least matches in the league! If they hadnt won a lot of the matches in 5 sets they would have had enough points to be first in the league!!!! Strange. But that just goes to show what a good team they are. anyway, I am glad they won the Champions league!

• It was a really dramatic match. One of those games which you "bite your nails"
    Both of the teams deserve the place in final. About sara i totally agree with joana she is so young, just three years older than me!
    FOREVER Foppa!

• Very good game from Secolo.At the moment the MB of Villa Cortese can win the Italian finals.Splendid Anzanello...

• The Italian Clubs, which will play in European Cups in the next season (2010-11), are:

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:
    -
    Scavolini Pesaro (finalist scudetto);
    - Mc Carnaghi Villa Cortese (winner of Coppa Italia and finalist scudetto);
    - Foppapedretti Bergamo (best ranked in regular season - 3° - behind the two finalist).

CEV CUP: Monte Schiavo Banca Marche Jesi (4° in regular season).
    CHALLENGE CUP: Chateau d'Ax Urbino (5° in regular season).

Novara and Perugia out. Busto Arsizio (the winner of CEV cup) out too.
    Villa Cortese and Urbino will play in European Cups for their first time.

• Thanks for the link. Carolina Costagrande played a great game as usual. I'm always awed when I watch her play. I wonder if they can make a team out of those players who cannot play for NTs that qualify for major tournaments such as WGP, WC, and OG (sorry, off topic). I think it would be great that players such as Virgie De Carne could join such team.

Will Costagrande leave Pesaro?

• Thanks for the link. Carolina Costagrande played a great game as usual. I'm always awed when I watch her play. I wonder if they can make a team out of those players who cannot play for NTs that qualify for major tournaments such as WGP, WC, and OG (sorry, off topic). I think it would be great that players such as Virgie De Carne could join such team.

Will Costagrande leave Pesaro?

I've heard that she can go to Russia, but I don't belivieve it! ;)

• Aguero has a small ankle injury... Maybe she can't play the next match :thumbdown:

• I hope an ankle injury would not stop her from playing. Aguerro vs. Costagrande is exciting to watch. I think some effective taping of her ankle would help her play.

• She played the whole match, but it was the weakest performance I've seen from her in a while. She's probably still affected by the injury.

It's no surprise VC lost the fifth set. They made two service errors and one completely failed reception. That's 3 points given to Scavolini already, plus mistakes in attack. And pretty much the same happened in the first match. They're just not tough enough.

• Pesaro's MBs did a great job blocking VC's offense. Nice game Pesaro :)