Yeltzin Cup 2010 - 06-11 Ekaterinburg

• I learned two new things today:

1. Maren Brinker uses jumpserve and does a good back-row-attack.
    2. Caroline Wensink played today in some parts of the game as a setter !! She already played before MB, OH, OPP and now setter :cheesy: maybe next year libero ? :lol:
    I think it is a nice move from Selinger for some particular rotations. Since Caroline has a very strong block (stronger than Dijkema), the opponent will not easy attack at her side!
    Very happy to see Chaïne Staelens back on court, after the tragedy that happened to her!

I totaly agree!!!!!

Germany should use more this back line ball with Brinker, can be a really good weapon....

And just loved what Selinger did with Wensink..hehehehe....I though really good solution...and she did so well, even use fast balls!!!:) I think I would just prefer to see Robin going inside Laura place and not Quinta.....but I think is a good solution to has stronger block and still keep balance.
    I just miss in Holland another opp, that the team can change the 5x1. Putting the Opp in the net in place of setter, and setter in the back and like that stay with three attackers in the net....but maybe with time, when Meijners get back, that can happen more offen...:)
    Great to see Chaine indeed!!!! :heart:

I coulnt watch Italys game...:(...but I'm really glad they won it! ^^ And is good to see Ortolani making a lot of points again...:)

• I was able to watch Italy-Belarus match.
    I watched the last set ,indeed.
    I liked Kavalçuk's play a lot.She is a real strong attacker.And to collect 29 points (a match 3-1) is admirable enough.
    I like Ortolani's play but i have still some doubts about she's being a real attacker or not.

• Chaïne Staelens is back! Great! Hopefully today I will be able to watch any match

• Do you have the stats??

ITALIA: Arrighetti 13, Ortolani 21, Barcellini 15, Garzaro 7, Rondon 8, Bosetti 8, Libero: Merlo.
    Crisanti 2, Ravetta 6, Di Iulio 1, Bechis 2. Quaranta All. Bracci
    BIELORUSSIA: Palcheuskaya 1, Makareuchuk 13, Aksenvava 0, Zakreuskaya 15, Shevchenko 11, Kavalchuk 29, Malasai 10, Harelik 1. Libero: Markouskaya. Galkina, Miklashevic, Lebdzeva. All. Karpol

ITA: service errors: 4, ace: 3, blocks: 17, errors: 12
    BEL: service errors: 3, ace: 7, blocks: 14, errors: 18

• Italy won 3-2 against Germany... :win: Aniway wasn't a great macht, the reception of the two teams were too bad...

Bosetti played as libero, and has done a good game... Anyone knows what is happened to Merlo?

• It's unbelievable they managed to get to 15 at the end. :D

Where does Harelik play? I like her style of play very much. :love:

P.S. The last point battle of China - Holland made me ask for more. :cup:

• I happy for the dutch girls in one point, they were real fighters today....cause well, they definelty didnt play well in my opinion....China has the ball in hand most of the time and could use a lot the middles, and that made the difference....but anyway, the dutch girls fighted for each ball, and could make the game harder, really harder for the chinese team. Manon didnt start well, I think she made her first point in middle of second set already... but later in the game, was pretty much only about her! ^^

And the great thing is that I really see a evolution! :) That is great. And it was an exciting game, sad they lost just in the end, with two blocks for China...but is part of the game....

• Where does Harelik play? I like her style of play very much. :love:

I think normally she is just a substitute, she plays only because Aksenava got injured yesterday.

It was interesting to see how Karpol destroyed his own team in 3rd set. He yelled at his setter all the time and eventually she almost cried and was so annoyed that she stopped playing like normal. It's obvious these players are not used to his behaviour like the Russians who all knew him many years...

• Italy won 3-2 against Germany... :win: Aniway wasn't a great macht, the reception of the two teams were too bad...

Bosetti played as libero, and has done a good game... Anyone knows what is happened to Merlo?

She sat behind the court, next to the statistician and she looked healthily ;)

Russia vs China 3:2 (13:25, 25:22, 19:25, 25:17, 15:13)
    Stats

Holland vs Germany 3:1 (23:25, 29:27, 25:10, 25:21)
    Stats

Italy vs Belarus 3:1 (25:20, 22:25, 26:24, 27:25)
    Stats

China vs Holland 3:2 (25:12, 22:25, 25:15, 23:25, 17:15)
    Stats

Russia vs Belarus 3-0 (25:15, 25:19, 25:12)
    Stats

Holland vs Belarus 0-3 (17:25, 20:25, 21:25)
    Stats

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by burak-ı naz ().

China vs Germany 3:1 (24:26‚ 25:17‚ 25:17‚ 26:24)
    Stats

Russia vs Italy : 3-0 (25:20‚ 25:19‚ 25:18)
    Stats

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"