Montreux 2010

• In my opinion, Kenia Carcaces is a better player than Calderon.Because she is much more stable player than Caldy.Silva is also a good player and will be much better.She is just 19 yo.
    Cuba have improved a lot after China masters.They had made so many reception mistakes in China Masters.But their reception has developed a lot.
    I liked Chinese Wei,Hui and Chen.But I must admit that i have had enough of seeing all the same Chinese attacking attempts which is mainly based on Ma Yunwen or Xue Ming.Ma is a good player but i didnt like Xue's play much.
    Germany partly Netherlands , Japan and Poland have been a disappointment in this tournement.

I agree with you there! Kenia has really improved. I remember a couple of years ago she couldnt even pass, an her hitting was all over the place. She has really come a long way. Silva is a very good promising player. Difference with her is that he is not all power, she actually thinks about her hitting. She will only get better.

I like the way China make the most of what they have. thier best chances of easy points are their middles. Their outside players are not as powerful so they cant make easy points all the time. They just need a good opposite, and more on the backcourt attack to increase their options. This is a weakness at the moment. I have to say I like Xue Ming's enthusiasm and aggression.

Germany has many problems. They have always bee na team that gets by from great teamwork and lots of scrambling, but thy have too many weaknesses in their game. Netherlands have reached their peak now. There is not many other places they can go it seems - maybe a change of coach? I dont know. There has been too much reliance on Flier, and she seems to have lost her invincibility from previous years.

Grand prix will be nice to see how these teams fare against each other after having practised some more!

• Ah yes!!!Indeed....I had forgot that! Must be the reason indeed...Thanks! ^^

humm i dont know now..im in doubt if moroz is naturalized :sos:

edit: in an interview kuzyuthkin stated that he wanted to test other players , so borisenko and goncharova did not play

• China wins 26th edition of Montreux Volley Masters

Montreux, Switzerland, June 13, 2010. After their victory in 2007, China returns to the highest step of the podium at the Montreux Volley Masters. The Chinese defeated the USA 3:1 in a spectacular final, confirming their impressive shape right before the 2010 World Championship. Earlier, in the consolation final, Cuba claimed the bronze medal after overcoming quite easily Russia 3:0. On the game for the fifth place, Poland quickly defeated the Netherlands, also in three sets.
    From the very beginning of the match, it became clear for the 2’400 spectators that this final starring China and the United States would be highly competitive and balanced. Thanks to an excellent tactical performance, the Americans turned this final into an amazing game. While the United States convinced with an excellent block-defense strategy, the Chinese women enchanted the audience with well-timed attack combinations. The starting set finished on the tied score of 25-23 in favor of the USA. In the second set, the Americans controlled the game until 16:10, but then China hit back with some important points when they were most needed. This was also the turning point of the match. Although the game was highly balanced and very entertaining, the Chinese were always a bit faster, higher and better. After two hours, the Asians celebrated their fifth tournament victory in Montreux.
    On the match for the 3rd place, the Cubans were able to make fewer direct mistakes than during the semi-final against the USA, which notably helped them overcome a destabilized the Russian team. Indeed, deprived from Goncharova, Russia suffered from a bad overall reception and couldn’t control their opponents’ offense. The score of the first two sets (25-13 and 25-18) well reflects the difficulties encountered by the players of coach Vladimir Kuzyutkin who would most probably have preferred Ekaterina Gamova, present in the Pierrier gym, to put on her jersey and use both her experience and her 202 cm for the benefit of her country. The souvenir of the rather poor Cuban performance last year was smoothed out thanks to their bronze medal. In addition, Kenia Carcaces was named MVP of the tournament and finished also as the best scorer of the competition.
    Poland dominated the entire game for the fifth place of the Montreux Volley Masters. They closed the match 3-0, with the last set on the sharp score of 25-12. Physically in better shape, the girls of Jerzy Matlak showed a better performance than their opponents. For instance, three players finished with 10 points each, while on the Dutch side only Manon Flier stood out with 13 points. “This victory is not very surprising for us as we were feeling better” mentioned Katarzyna Zaroslinska, best scorer of the game with 17 points. “We are also happy that we finally defeated this team”. Indeed, Poland lost twice during the European Championship last year against The Netherlands, but also in the qualification match earlier this week. It is the second time that the Polish girls end up fifth in Montreux. “We didn't have the energy to win today”, says Avital Selinger, head coach of the “Oranjes”. “During this week we have faced many ups and downs, but the various tests I made will help me a lot during the season. This experience brought more self-confidence to the young players, especially to Laura Dijkema, our 19-year old setter”.

Individual Awards

Best Scorer: Kenia Carcaces (CUB)
    Best Receiver: Ruogi Hui (CHN)
    Best Spiker: Tatiana Kosheleva (RUS)
    Best Blocker: Berenika Okuniewska (POL)
    Best Server: Liyi Chen (CHN)
    Best Libero: Nicole Davis (USA)
    Best Setter: Qiuyue Wei (CHN)
    Most Valuable Player (MVP): Kenia Carcaces (CUB)

Final classification

1. China
    2. United States
    3. Cuba
    4. Russia
    5. Poland
    6. The Netherlands
    7. Germany & Japan

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Ruoqi Hui... I really like this girl :rose:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Congratulations to China... they certainly played well in the crucial matches of this tournament. Way to go!

But wow, I am happy with the performance of the USA... I was not expecting it for a group of young girls...I am impressed! Hodge, Barboza, Harmotto, Spicer all played very well considering some of them were relatively inexperienced and fresh college grads. I could not hide my happiness with this result, the coaching staff led by Hugh is making great progress and I can't wait for them plus our veterans play come World Championships and Grand Prix.

Megan Hodge was the topscorer of this team, she's 5th in the tournament...and it does not hurt that she's still 22! A year playing with Berg in Italy for Villa Cortese, we'll see :box: She may also provide something that has eluded the US team for years...an able receiver-attacker, Tom's back up. I am excited!

Congratulations to Kenia! You deserve it!

China, USA, Russia and Cuba should be fun to watch in the future... All these teams are relatively young but are performing very well! Congrats :dance6:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Polish friends!

Kosek and Zarolinska... I like them! :win: Very good players! I particularly like the left-handed, Zarolinska...her attacks were very impressive! It was like seeing Metcalf during her early glorious years! :lol: Kosek, she should be good with the team!

EDIT:

I am wondering where does that put Asia/Joanna Kaczor now that Zarolinska is very good...I was a fan of Kaczor during her collegiate years at Univ of Southern California.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Edited once, last by jist ().

• Polish friends!

Kosek and Zarolinska... I like them! :win: Very good players! I particularly like the left-handed, Zarolinska...her attacks were very impressive! It was like seeing Metcalf during her early glorious years! :lol: Kosek, she should be good with the team!

^^ :wavy:
    i like Zaroslinska very much. she has great power and i love her attitudes she is like a fighter that never gives up. Kosek is also very good player her block-out technique is impressive :drink: i expect to see A LOT from Kosek this summer considering Jagielo most likely won't be in the team:(
    and about Kaczor-she had terrible season in Italy so she need time to recover, she was wonderful last year and her contribution to bronze medal on ECH was huge but she need to step up and play lot better. it will be great to see Zaroslinska and Kaczor fighting for a spot in the team cus i think if Skowronska is healthy she will be untouchable :P

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

Edited once, last by mateo ().

• ^^ :wavy:
    i like Zaroslinska very much. she has great power and i love her attitudes she is like a fighter that never gives up. Kosek is also very good player her block-out technique is impressive :drink: i expect to see A LOT from Kosek this summer considering Jagielo most likely won't be in the team:(
    and about Kaczor-she had terrible season in Italy so she need time to recover, she was wonderful last year and her contribution to bronze medal on ECH was huge but she need to step up and play lot better. it will be great to see Zaroslinska and Kaczor fighting for a spot in the team cus i think if Skowronska is healthy she will be untouchable :P

Very right! Handsdown, Skowronska is the top choice on the opposite. The question now is who will be the back-up. Zarolinska is younger than Kaczor, it would be wiser to invest more on Zarolinska I think. However, let's not forget Anna Podolec. I think she's still young as well and she was effin good back when she was not injured.

Ahhhh! A lot of capable Opposite on the Polish team just like the Serbian team...nice problem to have I guess!

The US doesn't have a lot of competition in the Opposite. Still waiting for Hooker, if she does not do well on the service reception, I think she can be a great opposite!

• unfortunatly Ania Podolec won't play this year-she's got knee injury and she is still recovering :down:

• humm i dont know now..im in doubt if moroz is naturalized :sos:

edit: in an interview kuzyuthkin stated that he wanted to test other players , so borisenko and goncharova did not play

:lol:yeah I went to check, and Moroz born in Russia indeed. ^^ I think the only naturalized are Makarova and Goncharova. And Duskryadchenko born in Kazakistan, but I dont think she ever played for their NT.

maybe he was just testing indeed....^^

• I was quite amazed by the bad Chinese performance, first of all. I didn't like the libero Wang, she doesn't know how to pass or dig the balls, further on Ymei Wang is too heavy and too slow (just like a great part of the chinese squad). We don't see fast plays no more. I don't know what's up with this coach and his daughter, but something is going wrong there. They are going the wrong way .... which is a pitty because I liked the chinese way of playing, mixing strengh with speed.
    Let's see what happens next

• I read time ago that Tischenko work in one of Department but not FIVB but FIFA. Maybe there was mistake, because I don't believe in that or maybe yes.

• I was quite amazed by the bad Chinese performance

?? :white: they won the whole thing 8o

• ?? :white: they won the whole thing 8o

Despite their victory, I was disapointed with the volleyball showned by the Chinese squad. I know that there was some young and unexperienced players and everyone's waiting for the WGP to see how this team will react.