Montreux 2010

• The is will not be the Holland roster in WCH, Wenisnk, Hurrman, Visser, Chaine, they will all be back....but is nice from Selinger to put the girls to play...they need to win experience...

Cuba is not playing that well, in my statistics they already made 28 mistakes, against 15, but they are definelty in a good day in their block-defense system, and also Holland service was not very efective so far, Cuba is being able to use many balls with middles, specially with Simon, she is playing quite well.

But even the bests from Holland (Manon and Stam) still not in their best shape..can tell....only time and games will bring that back to them ;)

• Congrats to Cuba!

Japan vs USA next...Im scared with Japan. It seems to me that this will be their team for WCH. Very strong team

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Cuba Holland 3-1
    really good performance by Cuba. i really cant remeber when was the last time they recive so well xD i was quite surpirsed that Silva is playin as OH but i'm not anymore cus she has done great job today :)
    bravo Cuba keep it on

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I totally agree with Joana :)

Today's Dutch team played the first match of the season and also the first match together in this composition. You could see that clearly. A lot of easy mistakes and system-failures.

Laura Dijkema (setter, 20) and Anne Buijs (18, OH) made their debut. It's good for these girls to get to know what playing on international level means. Today's MB De Kruijf and Steenbergen are very unexperienced at international level. Further Flier and Stam are not in good shape yet.

The more they will play together, the better wil be the level of play. I'm sure in a few weeks the level will be increased a lot.

In WGP Wensink, Visser, C. Staelens and maybe also Huurman will join the team.

edit: Cuba's 17 is a great player !!! Silva is her name? I was astonished about the their good reception. In the past reception was always their weak point.

• Quinta will not improve a lot anymore and will not reach the international level. She never played on high international level before (NT or clubteam). She played in France during two years and last season she came back to The Netherlands (TVC Amstelveen). I think in a few years De Kruijf and Nicole Koolhaas will be the two MB in Dutch NT.

Silva was really good, how old is she?
    Quinta is 25 years.
    What do you think about the match?

• The dutch played really bad in the first sets; the second set, they were a bit better, perhaps this match was the team debut this season of international games. They played better in the third and fourth, could have won the fourth set.

I think Laura Dijkema did fine, but Anne Buijs, she has the height but her skills in attacking are not that up to that level yet. She needs more time to grow.

Cuba's serving, attacking and blocking were great today.

• Silva was really good, how old is she?
    Quinta is 25 years.
    What do you think about the match?

Silva is 19 YO :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Thanks Marieke.

The game now is really good elvel, tecniche at least, USa as always great performances, so is Japan....

Funny that Volero Zurich players are in tehre watching...nice :) I saw Grbac...Mihalovic....funny they already with the club...

• Where can I watch all matches.??? Any polish tv??? I do not find it in any program :read:

• Where can I watch all matches.??? Any polish tv??? I do not find it in any program :read:

You can watch the matches on www.bet365.com. You need to register first.

@ Marieke

Oh sorry, I thought she played two years in France.

• Joana: Is good match between USA and Japan.
    Holland was really bad in first set. Four new players in starting six is a little bit too much may be. But thirth and fourth time they getting better and better. You're rigth, Laura did good job,but combination with Manon is bit different then the comb with Floortje.
    Manon and Debby weren't in good shape.

@Flying Dutchmen: Quinta played one year in Le Cannet, and before that she played for AMVJ. I think she's not better then Nicole and Robin in a couple of years, but experience is now important too, and her block and attack was good today.

• Joana: Is good match between USA and Japan.
    Holland was really bad in first set. Four new players in starting six is a little bit too much may be. But thirth and fourth time they getting better and better. You're rigth, Laura did good job,but combination with Manon is bit different then the comb with Floortje.
    Manon and Debby weren't in good shape.

@Flying Dutchmen: Quinta played one year in Le Cannet, and before that she played for AMVJ. I think she's not better then Nicole and Robin in a couple of years, but experience is now important too, and her block and attack was good today.

I agree girl, the team definelty still in beggining, but they will improve match by match. Laura did good job, reception didnt help much, but for her first game in dutch shirt, first time in adult team, great, she must had been really nervous in the begging, natural. I'm sure she will improve with teh matches so will the team.

USA did great job, 3x0, MCCutcheon is really good coach and is working with this girls for a while already. I like this setter Spicer, I dont think I had ever seen her. And was great to see Hodge too, she is indeed great, and she will improve a lot in Italy.

• I agree girl, the team definelty still in beggining, but they will improve match by match. Laura did good job, reception didnt help much, but for her first game in dutch shirt, first time in adult team, great, she must had been really nervous in the begging, natural. I'm sure she will improve with teh matches so will the team.

USA did great job, 3x0, MCCutcheon is really good coach and is working with this girls for a while already. I like this setter Spicer, I dont think I had ever seen her. And was great to see Hodge too, she is indeed great, and she will improve a lot in Italy.

İf Hodge is indeed great already, how will she be after improving alot in italy? there's a contradiction there.Then she isnot that great as u think she is that she needs to improve a lot.