World Grand Prix 2011

• Yes maybe, but who says that with another coach things would be better? What if Guidetti is fired and the new coach wouldn't get along with some players? What shall we do then, say sorry to Guidetti and ask him to come back?

Guidetti is a club coach nothing more.
    The point is that his job isn't working out. Some risk would suit fine here even because the present coaching style is already bringing Germany NT down and there is time to fix the things. Guidetti is a club coach nothing more

• 1.Brakocevic really did a great job in the competition with USA

2.Malagurski really need to improve her ability of reception.She is young and have the potential to be a good wing-spiker.

3.USA need someone more powerful to score when their reception is bad.

4.Gamova is godness.unstoppable.

5.China relied greatly on their middle-blockers.and their opps really become invisible on the court.

6.Both Bra and Ita did a great job on their block-defense.I really enjoyed their excellent digs.

7.Fabiana and Thaisa are both top middle blockers in the world.They did good jobs on both attacking and blocking.

• cuban girls dont have smile upon theri faces and they even dont cheer when they score points like they did in the past. i have a feeling that they are not happy with the situation in their national team !!! there is no fighting spirit, no team play, no willing to win

• yup. they have the best MB (fabiana and thaisa, better than akinradewo in case somebody mentions her), OH and OP (priscila, tandara, sheilla, mari, paula, jacqueline - mari and paula lost much of their power though) but the problem is that they have relied on uber-setters far too long. they used to have fofao and fernanda. now, once their reception and digs fail (which is a lot of times actually) their play fails. i wish guimaraes would focus more on fabiola though. she may never become the best setter in the world and most often than not she relies on her OH and OP, but she's a much more aggressive and stable setter than dani lins. if her problem is combination plays, guimaraes should focus that on her more.

Fernanda garay also proved that she is a good player(great fighting spirit and good reception.)
    I don't know if natalia can be the good starting six option or not.
    As we know that her reception is not different with mari at all. :S

• I still hope they can keep improving.Because I want to watch thier beautiful volleyball they've showed in the past. ;)

speaking of the past, i just had a sudden visit in my memory lane of brazil's past:

1996 -1997 (ana moser, ida, virna, fernanda, marcia fu, et al)
    STRENGTH: great reception, great combination, best setter in the world(fernanda)
    WEAKNESS: CUBA!
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: theyir blocks and digs are on/off

1998 - 2000 (fofao, leila, erika coimbra, elisangela)
    STRENGTH: great reception, great combination plays, best setter in the world (fofao)
    WEAKNESS: CUBA and RUSSIA (especially the russian blocks), inability to and dig russia and cuba
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: depends on who are the opponents

2001 - 2002 (brazilian drama)
    STRENGTH: young sheilla, paula, and fabi appeared
    WEAKNESS: coach
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: a little bit of everything

2003 - 2004
    STRENGTH - great reception (erika, virna, arlene, et al), great blockers (walewska and valeskhina - i miss valeskhina, a great all around player), uber setters (fernanda and fofao)
    WEAKNESS - they developed the ability to choke during critical moments here, inability to kill balls when the opponents are tall blockers (w/ the exception of mari), inability to block/dig gamova and sokolova
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN - depends on who's the opponent

2005 - perfect year for brazil
    STRENGTH - blocks (this is supposedly a great year for carol gattaz but after that she just disappeared), block, digs, reception
    WEAKNESS - ...
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: setter dilemma (marcelle, brazil's setter at that time, was on/off)

2006 - 2007
    STRENGTH - ALL (best setter in the world, spikes, BLOCKS)
    WEAKNESS - tendency to choke on critical moments, inability to win the world cup and world championship
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: digs

2008 - another perfect year
    STRENGTH - ALL (best setter,libero, MBs, OH and OH in the world)
    WEAKNESS - none

2009 - current
    STRENGTH - BLOCKS, SERVES
    WEAKNESS - errors piling up, unstable players, lost of combination plays, reception, setter dilemma
    SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN: digs (sometimes they dig, other times they just let a ball 1inch in front of them fall down on the floor)

anyway, i just want to let that out. i think you people would know which team i'm following over the years with this... lol :dance4:

• passang: i forgot natalia. i think fernanda garay deserves to be in the national team, but she's not THERE yet. she can improve more though. i must say though, that between paula and her, i prefer fernanda garay.

the thing about natalia and mari is that they may not be the best passers but they are two of the best power hitters in the world right now. add to that their ability to block. once they learn (re-learn) how to pass, the way mari did in beijing olympics, brazil will be almost unstoppable even without a good setter because what's unique to them compared with brazil's other outside hitters (both past and current), is that they can do high sets.

• YESS, we beat Cuba 3:1, Congratulations for Konieczna and Maj, we have chance for f8 :woohoo:

• YESS, we beat Cuba 3:1, Congratulations for Konieczna and Maj, we have chance for f8 :woohoo:

oh, It's 8... Thank you :lol: I was wondering how many teams are gonna play in the final round, and there's the answer.

• Dominican Republic, Kazkhstan and China not good as in past years :D :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Poland Cuba-3-1 :drink:
    correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is the first victory in official match against Cuba in polish volleball history :lol:
    it was defo the best match so far, our girls were really relaxed in first and second set(we made only 2 mistakes in those sets!!) , but from then on they started to be really nervous like they were afraid to win but Cuba helped a lot counteless errors very bad reception awful team spirit shame this team has such a great potential.

i'm really happy about this victory. it will boost our girls confidence before next tournament, i don't expect them to qulify for the final round-i just want them to play well and win as many matches as they can:) good luck in Honk Kong :super:

i'm really suprised by Serbia in this WGP. without Nikolic i thought they won't be as stron as they are. their performance today was quite impressive , Brakocevic was so on fire shame she doesn't play like that all the time. USA had big problems with reception and to get pass high serbian block.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Cuba has the inflammation of the women's volleyball lungs. Indicated antibiotics: Ruiz and Barrois. And new Doctor.

• Nice to watch the polish team play like today, very good match in our performance.
    Trinity: Konieczna-Okuniewska-Kosek was fantastic, of course with help of other girls. Just 14 errors, it's good result.
    Cuba is veeery weak, lot of mistakes, very bad defensive - strong attack and that's it.

We still have a chances to be in F8, and it's nice.
    :thumbsup:

• I hope those teams can make the final 7 (excludes China): Brazil, USA, Russia, Japan, Italy, Serbia and Korea. Serbia has a tougher schedule than some other teams and hopefully they can make it!!

• i think Brazil Japan Serbia USa Italy and Russia are secured to be in the finals the last place will take IMO Thailand very easy next tournament with Cuba and Argentina and Brazil-they don't have any chance of beating Brazil but i think they can win easily with other 2. Poland has avarege group with kazachstan Dom Rep and China, but we are loosing 2 points to Thailand and it will be hard to catch up. Korea has the toughest opponents and it will be so hard for them to even score one point. so i think Thailand will take the final spot

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.