World Grand Prix 2011

• The problem with Serbia is that we basically keep playing with the same lineup. With Nikolic's absence the squad is already limited and moreover since the draw was very difficult Terzic couldn't really experiment and use more players. So, IMO Nikolic is the key. If she isn't ready to return by the end of GP it makes me wonder if it's worthwhile to play with full strength for two more weeks and risk burnout and injuries with EC coming up...

• Mateo we are having 10 points right now. One more than Thailand.

oh :D i must have checked it before it was updated , than i would say we have fairly high chances to qualify

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• YESS, we beat Cuba 3:1, Congratulations for Konieczna and Maj, we have chance for f8 :woohoo:

Don't forget about Okuniewska. She was just unbelievable today :obey:
    Konieczna is getting better and better, IMO.

Maj brilliant as always :thumbsup:

Nice to watch the polish team play like today, very good match in our performance.
    Trinity: Konieczna-Okuniewska-Kosek was fantastic, of course with help of other girls. Just 14 errors, it's good result.
    Cuba is veeery weak, lot of mistakes, very bad defensive - strong attack and that's it.

We still have a chances to be in F8, and it's nice.
    :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be so sure about Kosek. Her attacks on the net... awful :pinch:
    Anyway, without making stupid mistakes our game is a pleasure to watch.

Cubans... A very poor performance. Carcaces looked as if she might cry.

• Crazy female volleyball :D Cuba beaten. As well as Mateo I don't remember when we beat Cuba last time :)
    I also like Konieczna very much. It is nice to see her playing that well, especially when we know, that first squad of Polish NT was only a dream for her in the last season :thumbup:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I also like Konieczna very much. It is nice to see her playing that well, especially when we know, that first squad of Polish NT was only a dream for her in the last season :thumbup:

I hope she will stay when Skowrońska will be back in team. Even as a second opposite but I want her in the team.

• Guidetti is a club coach nothing more.
    The point is that his job isn't working out. Some risk would suit fine here even because the present coaching style is already bringing Germany NT down and there is time to fix the things. Guidetti is a club coach nothing more

Well, with a new coach, the players would have to fight again to be in the roster and not take it for granted, that they´ll have a guaranteed spot again. Plus, you´ll have a new training/playing philosphy, which makes the players have more fun plalyin´ again. The reserve players would be more motivated, ´cause they see a new chance again. Also the opponents have to get used to these new philosophy, tactics, whatever. In my opinion, we are too predictable.
    Of course, this will only work if the coach is allowed to work on his own. But if the coach is maybe told by the powers that be, who has to be in the starting six, then again nothing will change.

• Jaaa, Okuniewska was unstoppable today. so glad that she is now a member of Pesaro :thumbsup: I hoep she can play like today in Pesaro as well.

Koniesczna is great too! She brings a lot of energies to the team, and she always tries to hit the ball so strong. Jup! even Skowronska coming back to NT, Konieczna still deserves to stay.

What a big dissapointment, Cuban girls. But these young girls can do better next year. especially Palacios has the potential to be another Calderon or Carcaces. Cuba just needs some older players who can lead the team.

• congratulations Poland .. Played very well and beat Cuba 3-1 .. :box: :obey: I should say that it was a surprise for me but you played so good girls .. :super: :drink: We will see if they can be in f8 or no .. :cup: :cup:
    Will Skowronska come back to team ??

• I hate some cuban players exclusion from team. :cursing: Rachel Sánchez is still 22 years old, but she is excluded from NT and Nancy Carillo, who won best server award of World Championship while she was only 16, doesnot play also :down: I am pretty sure that many volleyball federation would be crazy in order to make them play in their NT :whistle:

This team also includes great talents such as Carcases, Palacios but they need some experienced players which prevent them make so many criticical mistakes

• I hate some cuban players exclusion from team. :cursing: Rachel Sánchez is still 22 years old, but she is excluded from NT and Nancy Carillo, who won best server award of World Championship while she was only 16, doesnot play also :down: I am pretty sure that many volleyball federation would be crazy in order to make them play in their NT :whistle:

This team also includes great talents such as Carcases, Palacios but they need some experienced players which prevent them make so many criticical mistakes

Castro's regime :wall: :wall: :wall:

• congratulations Poland .. Played very well and beat Cuba 3-1 .. :box: :obey: I should say that it was a surprise for me but you played so good girls .. :super: :drink: We will see if they can be in f8 or no .. :cup: :cup:

Yeah, she's training now in Legionowo to ECH.

• Now Poland must to win 2 matches next week and it should give us F8...In fact POL in this squad doesn't deserve for final tournament but we have to use this oportunity of playing against DOM and KAZ :S

Today I liked Anna Podolec. She was quite active in block but she isn't confident in attack. I miss Katarzyna Gajgał a lot because her good cooperation with Milena Radecka could give us a lot of points in attack.

Yes, she will come back for European Championships. It's good news because she's very needed, although Konieczna is playing quite good. I believe that Skowrońska will play better than last year. Now we are playing faster and I think it will help her to be leader of the team.

As for Konieczna in NT...Skowrońska and Kaczor are going to play in EC so it can be difficult for Konieczna to stay in this team. Kaczor in a shape from 2009 when she was a leader of the team during European Championships is better player than Konieczna. Of course we should remember how useful can be Konieczna and her service :!: :white:

• correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is the first victory in official match against Cuba in polish volleball history :lol:

they won once in Montreux 2005 http://www.volleymasters.ch/news.php?cmd=zoom&id=35

• 2007 there was a certain woman called Aguerro who joined the Italian national team and Italy went virtually unstoppable that year, and in the process piled up a winning record against Brazil. Italy was definitely a thorn in their side that year. Just saying....

• Poland's got ridiculously easy draw at this WGP. If FIVB wants Poland to be in the Final8 so bad they've better give them Wild Card, as Poland always gets it anyway. It's quite a mistery why sporting principles are always being forgotten when it comes to Poland NT playing in big tournaments.

• World Gran Prix 2011 it's very intresting!! who will be the winner this year ?? i follow mainly italian team it's no bad i think!! ;)

• Poland's got ridiculously easy draw at this WGP. If FIVB wants Poland to be in the Final8 so bad they've better give them Wild Card, as Poland always gets it anyway. It's quite a mistery why sporting principles are always being forgotten when it comes to Poland NT playing in big tournaments.

Ain't that the truth!
    I don't have anything against the Polish team, but their draw has been a joke. Some teams like Serbia and Germany were screwed over real hard so that Poland could play Argentina and Dominican Republic over and over again.

• These players drew my attention lately with their good performances in WGP:

Konieczna (What was Chiappini thinking keeping her on bench all season? Such a good player. I liked her jump serve) ,
    Okuniewska (She was already good in WCH and she is more self-confident now and a better player)
    Giel (She was the best player for Cuba lately. I like the way she attacks but her block performance is not as good as her attack. Don't know why she always looks as if she is about to cry)
    Kim Yeon Koung (No words. can't wait to see her in Turkey)
    Saori Sakoda (She is my new favourite player in Japan. She is so quick and she jumps quite high that even tall blocks could not stop her)
    Xu Yunli (She hardly finds a spot in the starting six of China but I think she is a very good player. She was wonderful against Germany yesterday)
    Malagurski (I knew she was a talented player but did not expect her to play so well in outside hitter position. Serbia will be a really strong team if Nikolic joins the team in a good shape or the way she was in Vakifbank)
    Rasic (She improved her skills a lot in a few years. At the moment she is the best scorer middle blocker in the tornament)
    Burchardt (She is a brave and strong player. She deserves a spot in starting line up for some games)
    Emilce Sosa (Her stats look impressive, she is the best blocker of GP at the moment but I have not watched her yet)

I really enjoyed watching Germany, Poland, USA, Serbia and Brasil's teams. The best game for me so far was China-Germany.Final round will be so interesting with many good teams. I wish China wasn't that bad. It could be more fun to watch)