Champions League 2010/2011

• Kurek is guy who has knocked out his team, definitely. He made so manye errors in 5th set, but he made many errors even in first 4 sets... Skra is definitely better team, but luck wasn't on their side and concentration in 5th set.

• Kurek is guy who has knocked out his team, definitely. He made so manye errors in 5th set, but he made many errors even in first 4 sets... Skra is definitely better team, but luck wasn't on their side and concentration in 5th set.

I agree.

Congrats to Kazan. :win:

• Skra do you ever made a block on the gold set ? :what:

I do not remember ever :down:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Congratulations to Kazan :flower: but SKRA derserved the win today. I agree with you guys, Kurek lost the game for SKRA today...unfortunately :(

• Skra lost. :mad: :down: :aww: They played great in regular game. But in Golden set they made too many mistakes, specially Kurek. He had the chance to bring Skra back to the game when it was 13-10, but he made a mistake in attack. :wall: Winiarski and Wlazly played a good game. Even Kurek was really important.

Skra has no good option on the bench that can change a game. Antiga is not a good attacker anymore. So Kurek was the only option.

Congratulations to Skra. They did not give up and fougth untill the end.

At least Zenit Kazan is a great team and has chance to win F4. Mikhaylov is amazing. He played a perfect golden set, like last week. Ball knows how to use all players.

Zenit is the best Russian Team in CL and deserves to be in F4. Good luck to them.

• so close :(
    after regular match i though Skra would maintain the advantage and grab the spot in f4 they even had an early lead :( . unfortunatly Mihaijov crushed them in a golden set and Kurek was so off in the most important set ;/

anyway congratz to both teams for nice and exciting 2 games . Skra is getting stronger every year, and i think next year they will finally advance to f4 without being host :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I didnt watch the match but according to the stats, Kurek seems good at attacking with % 53 ..

Yes, but when it was important to receive well, he made two errors in a row and allowed Zenit to grab golden set, when it was 13-10 for Zenit he had counter-attack and he made error, and on 14-12 for Zenit he was going to serve and he made error.

• Yes, but when it was important to receive well, he made two errors in a row and allowed Zenit to grab golden set, when it was 13-10 for Zenit he had counter-attack and he made error, and on 14-12 for Zenit he was going to serve and he made error.

He is very young

• You can't blame it all on Kurek. Simply Zenit players served very strong in the golden set and limited their mistakes. The polish reception struggled badly, hence their attack was weakened a lot. Anyway, a very good effort by Skra.
    Go Dinamo :serve:

• Kurek isn't regular player. Sometimes he plays fantastic and sometimes have big problems with serve reception.In matches between Skra Zenit the most important was detalis. Zenit made less mistakes and won but refeeres in this match made mistake like in first match Anyway this two matches were on a very high level sometimes Final Matches aren't on this level. Skra and Zenit are the strongest team in the World with Cuneo, Trento, Dinamo and Brasilian teams. I am so sad that I can't see Skra in 4Four but I wish Zenit win this Cup

• Trentino will be so luck if Dinamo wins tomorrow. They will face Jastrzebski in semi final and will win for sure.

I think Cuneo will win the game and Dinamo will win golden set.

• You can't blame it all on Kurek. Simply Zenit players served very strong in the golden set and limited their mistakes. The polish reception struggled badly, hence their attack was weakened a lot. Anyway, a very good effort by Skra.
    Go Dinamo :serve:

To be honest we can blame him;) He had perfect ball on the single block and he made terrible out and few seconds after he was serving. He is young, but experienced though. This guy should spend every extra hour everyday on serving. He is so irregular and I think he stopped in his development after ECH2009.

• Skra made a big thing - beat Zenit in Kazan. It is the first time when Polish team beat Russian away in club competition :whistle: Polish NT used to beat Russia in Russia, but something like this happened for the first time. Too bad it wasn't enough for Final Four. I agree with Bartek - it is Skra, which should play in F4, not Jastrzębie, but... well... have these stupid rules. This time "golden set" wasn't good for us. If only Skra have played against Noliko and Jastrzębie against Zenit, we could have completely different squad of F4. However, this is music of chance and we can't do anything with that.
    I wouldn't say Zatorski was bad today and he is not on the high level. He is very good, young libero with nice skills. It is not his fault Skra didn't qualify.
    I rather harbour a grievance against Kurek. It is not the first time when he has problems with reception against really strong teams and let the fans down in crucial moments :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Kurek will never be a good server.. not a microsoft server, not an oracle server, but definitely not a good volleyball server either! :mad:

• Came to my mind in the first play-off against Bled, noticed it also yesterday versus Skra - Zenit is playing in a smaller, but to me nicer sports hall than "Basket Hall". CEV stats says "Saint Petersburg" hall in Kazan, so I was wondering how come they changed their home venue in the middle of the competition (rather for the play-off phase) and whether it was constructed mainly for the volleyball team in Kazan. A bit of a weird and useless question, but any info would be welcome :)

• I dont agree that Skra was a better team. Zenith is a lot more instable but has bigger potential that Skra. But in fact Zenith used to win in his sports hall.The problem was that Mikhailov for the first time for quite long time didnt play on his level but show class in gold set. Zenith has more expirenced players that won everything in volleyball (Ball Priddy Tetyukhine) or have such a great potentail (Mikhailov) that I really belived that at the end they would won gold set.

• I don't see the problem with the Golden Set.
    Why Noliko didn't win the match in Jastrzebie?
    Why Skra didn't win the match in Lodz?
    If They won the first matches They would play in the Final Four.
    Finding errors in the rules by Players shows lack of the sports maturity.