Poland NT 2010

• Skowronska wanted play in World Championships but Matlak said no. Now She will not wait if he change his mind, but She is going to Turkey, to Her new Club.

• Skowronska wanted play in World Championships but Matlak said no. Now She will not wait if he change his mind, but She is going to Turkey, to Her new Club.

I also want to play in WCH - will Matlak call for me? ;)
    Now - seroiusly: Skowrońska is a great player, but completely out of shape ( as well as Świderski in male NT). We shouldn't call players because of names, but because of their actuall abilities and shape. That's how I see it.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I also want to play in WCH - will Matlak call for me? ;)
    Now - seroiusly: Skowrońska is a great player, but completely out of shape ( as well as Świderski in male NT). We shouldn't call players because of names, but because of their actuall abilities and shape. That's how I see it.

But there is one difference. Girls starts WCH at 29 October and it's neraly 2 months. Świderski was called and he trained with guys, coach just saw him and than he decided, that he won't go. Skowrońska didn't get chance at the begining.
    I hope, that Matlak change his mind. Kasia said that if Matlak call, she can go...

• Skowrońska didn't get chance at the begining.

Didn't she? I think he had enough chances in WGP. She had also played in friendly games before WGP (against Russia and Belarus) as far as I remember. In today's interview for "PS" Matlak said, that same people even alleged him, that he had given her to many chances...

The most important 3:

• Didn't she? I think he had enough chances in WGP. She had also played in friendly games before WGP (against Russia and Belarus) as far as I remember. In today's interview for "PS" Matlak said, that same people even alleged him, that he had given her to many chances...

Yes, but I meant trainings before WCH. Everyone knows that WGP wasn't so important as like WCH.
    IMO, that what Matlak did is just funny...

• Is Wolosz good enough? I personally think Sadurek-Skorupa will be the best choice. but the coach Maltak picked Wolosz. I wonder how good she is. the only thing I know about her is She is young,and used to play in the Junior polish team.

• I think, she is not good enough. :tzz: She's inexperienced and didn't play in this level. Matlak said, that he will call up 4 players more. I think one of them will be setter, maybe Bełcik?

• Is Wolosz good enough? I personally think Sadurek-Skorupa will be the best choice. but the coach Maltak picked Wolosz. I wonder how good she is. the only thing I know about her is She is young,and used to play in the Junior polish team.

Skorupa is the best Polish setter, no doubt. She can do everything with ball, and it's sad that coach didn't give her chance. But her biggest defect is that sometimes she makes elementary errors.
    But Wołosz is very talented and it is only matter of time when she will be main setter.

• Skorupa is said to be absent because of her problems with injuries... :S

The most important 3:

• I think Matlak did right! Skowronska is out of shape and there`s no need to keep her in team just for her name. There are players playing on the courts,not names.
    I am totally agree with Matlak about Skorupa also.Wolosz is a great talant,big potential.I like her style so much. I watched her 4 times against our clubs-she is great!
    What about Glinka? I don`t know whether she is in a good shape or not,I think it would be good if she plays as an opposite. But I prefer Zaroslinksa to the all of them!

• I think Matlak did right! Skowronska is out of shape and there`s no need to keep her in team just for her name. There are players playing on the courts,not names.

Skowronska is a good player though.

• I think Skowronska is not only important as a player, she's even more needed as a teamleader. She can push her teammates and make them better players!!

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• I am totally agree with each of you.Kasia is a real leader,but this year she is not in her good form,and I think even in Scavolini she did not show her real performance,without Carolina they could have big problems.
    I like her as a lady,player and leader. She is an incredible one. But this year is not hers,anyway I think they had to talk to each other and come to a logical agreement.
    Poland has other leaders like Baranska,she has been the best for these two three years. And plus Glinka with her character,I think Poland will not have any problem with leadership!
    Anyway I like Poland so much,and they are in my favorites` list!

• Skorupa is the best Polish setter, no doubt. She can do everything with ball, and it's sad that coach didn't give her chance. But her biggest defect is that sometimes she makes elementary errors.
    But Wołosz is very talented and it is only matter of time when she will be main setter.

The best polish setter is definitely Sadurek, but Skorupa is much better than Wołosz, even if Kasia is not in good shape.

• I think it's a little early to say it's not Kasia's year. For a player to be out of shape for an entire year is very very uncommon. Since getting in shape is mainly is about getting things straight in a mental sense, this can happen from one game to the next.

A lot of times what it takes is acceptance of the current level, after which one is able to see the positive things in one's current performance leading to much needed validation which then snowballs into a player reaching their 'normal' level, which they then can see is nothing special, resulting in them not losing it anymore, since there no longer is pressure of 'reaching a certain level' (which only exists in the mind). It becomes more a simply being of who you are, rather than doing something special. Sorry for the rant, had to get it out there.

Having said that; it must be hard for Kasia to accept that she is (for the moment) no longer one of the world's best players.

• The best polish setter is definitely Sadurek, but Skorupa is much better than Wołosz, even if Kasia is not in good shape.

I do not agree with this opinion. At match Milena can show only few good setes, the rest are recently high balls to wingers.
    She played correctly only ECH 2009, rest was realy avarage perfomances by her. At OG Skorupa showed who is better and she just still shows it. I still have got in my mind match betwen Poland and Italy at finals of these year WGP. In 1st set she sets relly good, first of all she played with MB, than in 2nd set she was seeing only Barańska. Even Anka said that we can't play like that.
    But it's undeniable that Milena is good spirit of team. I saw her live during matches and she made impression at me. But with her play is worse.

• skowronska out :down: :down: :down: :down: .it will be hard to do something in wc for poland whithout her.

• skowronska out :down: :down: :down: :down: .it will be hard to do something in wc for poland whithout her.

i tottaly agree it will be really hard for poland :mad:

• I do not agree with this opinion. At match Milena can show only few good setes, the rest are recently high balls to wingers.
    She played correctly only ECH 2009, rest was realy avarage perfomances by her. At OG Skorupa showed who is better and she just still shows it. I still have got in my mind match betwen Poland and Italy at finals of these year WGP. In 1st set she sets relly good, first of all she played with MB, than in 2nd set she was seeing only Barańska. Even Anka said that we can't play like that.
    But it's undeniable that Milena is good spirit of team. I saw her live during matches and she made impression at me. But with her play is worse.

You kidding, right? Skorupa was the worst player in WGP. I don't remember when she last time played good match in NT.