Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Btw, will be exciting to watch Cuba vs Puerto Rico today that starts soon! I will try to support Aurys team to the victory, but it will be tough I guess, even without Carcaces.

• Very very big match waits us tomorrow..I think it will be final for us..I am quite sure that if we pass Russia we can win the final..However Russia seems to find their rhythm and actually after I had seen today's match , I am a bit scared...I hope we can do it :drink:

• Ouais je vais bien profiter de ces Jeux Olympiques pour regarder et apprendre sur le volley. Mais je sais pas si les commentateurs sont bons sur le sujet parce que je j'ai jamais vu de ma vie un match de volley sur TF1 ou France 2 par exemple.

• Very very big match waits us tomorrow..I think it will be final for us..I am quite sure that if we pass Russia we can win the final..However Russia seems to find their rhythm and actually after I had seen today's match , I am a bit scared...I hope we can do it :drink:

I would prefer to meet Russia at the final. Anyway, there are two big finals ahead. If we look at the recent games between RUS - TUR, it can be seen Turkish sides began to prevail against them on the level of both club teams and NT. I think, there is almost no difference between the teams. Moreover, Turkey has big home advantage which can be a decisive factor. No doubt how the game will be hard, but I am very hopeful about this game and the whole tournament.

• Guidetti gave an interview for Polish journalist and said soething interesting for me.

"POL has very good setter, excellent middle blockers and others teams in this tournament don't have such a good ones... "

Do you think that Polish MBs are so good ? I suppose that GER has the best middles in this tournament 8) In the other hand in my opinon they don't use all the power of Furst...

I personally think think that Poland has the team in the best shape than the others...I like Skorupa, I discovered her this year in Urbino and I was impressed, and I'm officially in love with Okuniewska! :love:
    anyway I agree with you when you say that Germany is not using Furst at 100%...it will be a great match anyway...I don't really know who is favourite

• I would prefer to meet Russia at the final. Anyway, there are two big finals ahead. If we look at the recent games between RUS - TUR, it can be seen Turkish sides began to prevail against them on the level of both club teams and NT. I think, there is almost no difference between the teams. Moreover, Turkey has big home advantage which can be a decisive factor. No doubt how the game will be hard, but I am very hopeful about this game and the whole tournament.

How many wins have Turkey against Russia the last 10 yrs. or so? I dont know, but it would be intresting to know their H2H, if somebody knows...

• How many wins have Turkey against Russia the last 10 yrs. or so? I dont know, but it would be intresting to know their H2H, if somebody knows...

I remember one big victory in 2006 GP qualifier for Turkey, and some weeks later Russia became World Champion :D And also in 2003 ECH in Turkey, Russia lost against them.

• If ever Cuba lose this Norceca qualifier, will they also go to Japan qualifiers?

• Thanks for answers, will be intresting tomorrow!

My prediction is a final between Russia and Germany. I thought Turkey first, but changed after today. Sokolova and Gamova seems to be in magic shape right now. Have not seen Sokolova this good in many years.

• Yes. They can only miss out if Dominican Republic loses too, but that's very unlikely to happen, it's 99% that one of those two is going to win here.

I see. Thanks for answering Joana! :) The Olympics would not be the same if there's no Cuba.

• Very balanced match so far, Cuba definitely has athletic advantages but Puerto Rico players are better technically. If they can manage to keep their own errors low they definitely have a chance to win this match.

I agree with you..it is not a bad match so far!
    who won the other semifinal?? or do they still have to play it??

• Thanks for answers, will be intresting tomorrow!

My prediction is a final between Russia and Germany. I thought Turkey first, but changed after today. Sokolova and Gamova seems to be in magic shape right now. Have not seen Sokolova this good in many years.

I hope so too! although Turkey has the home advantage, not to mention that Russia has not had a rest since the tournament began.