Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I hope Serbia NT will do it in Japan
    go go Milena, Ana and friends :box:

• So Germany and Turkey will fight tonight to run from Poland to face poor Russia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Bleh. Off to Japan then. It was expected, but it's still infuriating that with just a bit more focus yesterday and today Serbia would still have their chances very much alive.
    Brakocevic, Starovic and Krsmanovic have been so disappointing. They need to get a grip really soon, this is not looking good. Hopefully Nikolic will be back (and in somewhat good form) by the next tournament. She's annoyed me so many times, but she can at least occasionally make a spike.

• NED need all three points vs RUS. Will not be easy...

No, The Netherlands can win even 3:2. Both teams has got 1 win and 1 lost and tomorrow one of this teams will have 2 wins and 1 lost and this team will pass the semis. Win-lost ratio is the most important, not the points. Dutch girls has got open way to be in semis. Just one match.

• No, The Netherlands can win even 3:2. Both teams has got 1 win and 1 lost and tomorrow one of this teams will have 2 wins and 1 lost and this team will pass the semis. Win-lost ratio is the most important, not the points. Dutch girls has got open way to be in semis. Just one match.

But then POL 5 points (at least), RUS 5, NED 4. Tie break wouldn't apply.

• You're right, things are a little more complicated than I thought. If NED wins 3:2 they will have 4 pts from 2x 3:2 and 1x 1:3 and Russia will have 5 pts from 1x 3:1 and 2x: 2:3. That is certainly a disadvantage of this scoring system!

At least it's not like football where the final pool games are played simultaneously! :sos:

• But then POL 5 points (at least), RUS 5, NED 4. Tie break wouldn't apply.

No. The most important table is table number 1 - win:lost. The Netherlands can beat Russia 3:2 and have 4 points (2:1 win:lost)and pass semis while Russia will have 5 points and will be 3rd in group (1:2 win:lost). No matter that small points will be 4:5 for Russia.

• Guys,
    I've always heard some comments about the fact that players like Osmokrovic and Poljak don't play in the NT due problems with Croatian Federation. What's the exact kind of problem?

• Guys,
    I've always heard some comments about the fact that players like Osmokrovic and Poljak don't play in the NT due problems with Croatian Federation. What's the exact kind of problem?

I think there are many things...lack of money, bad organisation, choice of coaches for example. But it is definitely sad to see players like Kovacic and Kaleb in NT considering the options Croatia could have with their best players.

• Guys,

The problem is the hole federation history, money problems, lack of structure, all that kind of stuff. the players cant have a good training enviroment in NT, cause they have shirts, not structure, they have to take long bus trips instead of flights...

It is hard to try something like that. It is exausting for the girls.

as far as I know the federation now, with new president is trying to make things work, the problem is they have big money problems from last federation president.