Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Artamonova and Estes want their 6th Olympics appearance!

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

Speaking of Korea, I am glad that they removed that Left-handed OP and replaced with with a young girl. She is somewhat better in attack. And the one of the MBs is good as well.

I think the main reason is that other teams are not familier with her, caz she was playing MB
    and her attack from back row is not strong enough

• I think this is an interesting match-up. Hard-hitting vs exceptional digging. Japan has the experience, efficiency and speed whereas Cuba has the raw power.

• Giel is playing really well in this tournament...Cuba is finally playing something today

• I am starting to accept that they cannot be a "force" in this OG (if they qualify, which likely they won't). But I am sure that they will be in Rio. Giel/ Silva, Cleger/Silie Salas/Palacios. :)

• If Cuba could reduce their mistakes, they could be serious contenders again for world titles. Just look at those attacks! They spike like they are playing in the Men's tournament :white:

• they're always like that. The main differences that I can see from today's team vs the old are blocking/defense.

whew.. they're tied now at 23.

• Japan made it from 17:23 to 25:23 in 1st set!!!! :woohoo:

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• I thought the Cubans would get this 1st set. They have a good lead but were not able to maintain it and Japan managed to turn the tides. Disappointing. :pinch:

• I used to dismiss the thought brought up by Anton. But now, I can fully agree. Carcaces is THAT important for Cubans.

qualifications such as this could have been a breeze for Cuba if they have Carillo, Calderon, Carcases, and Ramirez in the team.

• agree. On the other hand, Yamaguchi is giving all the added points for Japan. they haven't figured out her attack pattern yet, as far as i can see. :)

• Cuba vs Japan match is now on in justin.tv. Cuba is currently leading 8-3 (to my surprise)

http://www.justin.tv/konan_sports#/w/3134385776

Another link please??? :roll:

Successo viene prima di Sudore soltanto nel vocabolario.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European League 2012

• agree. On the other hand, Yamaguchi is giving all the added points for Japan. they haven't figured out her attack pattern yet, as far as i can see. :)

Perhaps they're anticipating attacks from Saori and Ebata?

Meanwhile Cuba is leading 8-16 (!) in the second set. Let's see if they can keep this up or repeat that meltdown in the closing of the 1st set.

• You can find one in hahasport.com. Here we go again, 16-8 in favor of Cuba. Hope they can maintain momentum. Santos' serve is really fast. ^^