European Championships 2011

• I just wrote a very long comment in Chinese. I try to translate it now.

I would congratulate Bulgaria for their expected win. Poland also did very great job actually. They lose several critical points and that's influence the whole game. IMO, the most serious problem of the team is the players' mind. As I commented in this thread, they lost mainly because of their impatience and tight nerve. The two teams are on the same level. They're very similar and we can infer this from the very close scores.

First of all, I regard Zygadlo as a main reason for the loss. Sorry to tell Ojla that I do hardly agree Zygadlo is great, no matter yesterday or today. In fact a good setter depends on not only whom he sets for but how he control the rhythm of the game. Zygadlo did very bad in controlling the rhythm. As I mentioned, the whole team showed impatience in the 2nd and 3rd set, everyone was eager to win a point, and under this condition Zygadlo as a setter should keep a clear mind: who's available now, where are opponent blockers, who would be the best choice to win a point. On the contrary, he just curtly set the ball to, say Gruszka. When the team is falling behind, the setter's work is more important.

Secondly, about the block. I think the weak block is actually the result of team strategy. Anastasi let the OH wait in zone 3 so as to build a triple block against opponent OHs easily and leave the opp alone, so Sokolov seemed unstoppable. I don't want to judge Anastasi's idea because I never counted on Poland's block. Kill blocks are more like bonus but not deserved, of course, the more the better.

About the opposite players. I'm now very disappoint at Jarosz after watching so many excellent opposites. Yesterday Martin Nemec destroyed Bulgaria because he made full use of "lines"(I don't know how to term it in English, like spike into the diaganol or straightly). As a matter of fact, when Kaziyski is in the front, defencer in zone 5 is Alexiev, when Aleksiev is in the front, the defencer will be Ivanov. Neither Aleksiev nor Ivanov is good at digging. So just spike into that corner, avoid the blocks and get a point. Gruszka did very well in this, anyway, he's not young but he's clever, he has techniques but not power. On the contrary, Jarosz never ever remember to observe the opponents' situation and that results in a humuliating one-to-one block by Alexiev. If only he could get aware of this one day and play the ball instead of simply spike the ball.

About Anastasi, I'm sure he's a very smart coach. If you noticed he changed the rotation in the 4th set. In the first 3 sets Kurek was the first one to serve while the 4th set Kubiak took the job. Kubiak's service is really good today and Kurek playing in the front for 3 rounds is a great threat. That's a brilliant idea. Sadly the beginning is not that simple because of two attacking errors which I again blame for impatiece. His only decision I don't really agree is the substitution in Set 3 that Jarosz took place of Gruszka. IMO I would let Drzyzga play even one rally, just to find our own rhythm.

So, this loss is not that bad. It's a very spectacular match and we can learn a lot from it. Most are positive, like Kubiak's powerful serve, serveral amazing sets by Zygadlo, Mozdzonek's incredible blocks(5 pts, really?). And this is not the end of the tournament. I don't think Poland is disadvantaged when facing Russia, not to mention Portugal or Czech. Journey in Austria&Czech is definitely longer.
    And finally about the little trick of ranking 2 or 3 in the pool and meeting Russia or Bulgaria in QF. That's rediculous! Poland have already clinched a wild card to World Cup. Are they really going to manage the ECh even by playing dirty? NO!

• You mean Poland? They will play for win, because they still have a chance to be first in group. Like you, like Slovakia.

You have some mistake in quotation :P

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I'm not pointing you in specific. But you will have to take back your words if Poland loses. It's just that if we beat GER, you SHOULD lose. Not lose but play with your B team. It's part of the game, it's a miss in the competition formula and you must use it.

• Why? I said before, that our team won't cheat tomorrow, I thought, that you said this about my post. My fault maybe.

I haven't said anything :D You mean triglav_kran, look some post back at the discussion, triglav_kran qouted me, and you qouted him from my post obviously ;)

Wild Wild West!

• Slovakia can beat Poland even if they play fair. Slovakia plays for first place, Poland probably won't have enough motivation after our game, so that will be enough. Or Anastazi could surprise us and force the victory even if it puts them on second place.

• Mastro 18 points, with 8 blocks (!), 9 attacks (82%), 1 ace (1 error). Great performance today!!!

Lasko and Zaytsev with 35% and 34% in attack :S Not their best match. (exept nice stats in reception for Ivan)

Fortunally Savani compensated with 67% !

• toraypower, no problem :win:

I agree with raylight, Slovakia showed very good volleyball and are very steady till now, I mean if they were able to beat us, why not to beat Poland, too. Right now Polish team is totally unpredictable for me and even if everything is fair paly , there is no 100% garantee that Poland will win. Time will show :box:

Wild Wild West!

• Mastro 18 points, with 8 blocks (!), 9 attacks (82%), 1 ace (1 error). Great performance today!!!

Lasko and Zaytsev with 35% and 34% in attack :S Not their best match. (exept nice stats in reception for Ivan)

Fortunally Savani compensated with 67% !

Mastrangelo is making the difference for Italy in the important matches.
    :obey:
    Good idea to bring him back to the team :)

• First of all, I regard Zygadlo as a main reason for the loss. Sorry to tell Ojla that I do hardly agree Zygadlo is great, no matter yesterday or today. In fact a good setter depends on not only whom he sets for but how he control the rhythm of the game. Zygadlo did very bad in controlling the rhythm. As I mentioned, the whole team showed impatience in the 2nd and 3rd set, everyone was eager to win a point, and under this condition Zygadlo as a setter should keep a clear mind: who's available now, where are opponent blockers, who would be the best choice to win a point. On the contrary, he just curtly set the ball to, say Gruszka. When the team is falling behind, the setter's work is more important.

About Anastasi, I'm sure he's a very smart coach. If you noticed he changed the rotation in the 4th set. In the first 3 sets Kurek was the first one to serve while the 4th set Kubiak took the job. Kubiak's service is really good today and Kurek playing in the front for 3 rounds is a great threat. That's a brilliant idea. Sadly the beginning is not that simple because of two attacking errors which I again blame for impatiece. His only decision I don't really agree is the substitution in Set 3 that Jarosz took place of Gruszka. IMO I would let Drzyzga play even one rally, just to find our own rhythm.

No problem Martee, I don't think Żygadło is a genius setter or something, but he was really good yesterday and...well...I was hoping to see him setting today as good as yesterday. I'm very impulsive person, especially after such defeats, so sometimes I say things which I later consider as...weird.

About our coach- I totally agree with everything you said. As Kaziyski already said- he's our strongest point, no matter what.

• Tommorow we will see how honest are Polish volleyball players and whether they will play fairplay or they will try to repeat the slapstick game of Brazilians. We are nation without any luck and will be very disgusting if beat Germany clearly and Poland loose deliberately from Slovakia. However, I believe in the spirit of fair play and that Poles are not as Brazilian clowns and that they will play only for victory against slovaks.

• About our coach- I totally agree with everything you said. As Kaziyski already said- he's our strongest point, no matter what.

Even at the price of sacrifice of honour, morale and fairness? Anastazi is as wicked as genius :cheesy:

• How? :what:

ps: BTW the semifinals are crossed: one from pool A/C vs one from pool B/D, so it's sure that in the semis nobody will meet a team they've already met.

About the schedule times - setting a game in a group that is of interest to you one hour later is surely an advantage based on the fact that Austrians play the last anyway. Both Italians/French and the winner of Group A (supposed to be Austria, for example) can choose opponents due to a later schedule. But as it seems Austria will not be able to take even one win.

About the semifinals, I am sorry, it is my mistake, you are right - they will not all meet. But the problem still remains - games will be "fixed". So, the formula is not good. At least a good point is that there are no more groups, only eliminations.

• Slovakia can beat Poland even if they play fair. Slovakia plays for first place, Poland probably won't have enough motivation after our game, so that will be enough. Or Anastazi could surprise us and force the victory even if it puts them on second place.

Exactly! Guys, losing (I hope not) tomorrow's match wouldn't necessarily mean we lost it on purpose! Slovakia is a very dangerous team. I've always considered them as a very tough opponent to play, so I'm really afraid of tomorrow's match.

Anyway guys can you help me? I'm still a bit confused...please tell me, do we still have chances to advance to quaters straight away from 1st place?

• You are Poles but Satanstazi is italian. For him probably honour is not so important he wants to be winner at the end. So i hope so that your slavic fighter spirit will be stronger than all calculations and you will fight like a men against slovaks.

• Tommorow we will see how honest are Polish volleyball players and whether they will play fairplay or they will try to repeat the slapstick game of Brazilians. We are nation without any luck and will be very disgusting if beat Germany clearly and Poland loose deliberately from Slovakia. However, I believe in the spirit of fair play and that Poles are not as Brazilian clowns and that they will play only for victory against slovaks.

He he, you should keep such words to yourself for now. Bcoz I'd love to see how the other members here will make fun of yours and Raylight's honour and pride mumbo djumbo talk when tomorrow Germans beat our reserves :wavy:

PS I hate to be the voice of reason :D