European Championships 2011

• Italy recently held WCH event, so I doubt they will be that much favored

Maybe, you are right. I hope we get a chance anyway.

• Thank God, that France won, because it looked pretty strange...
    I couldn't watch this match, just second half of 4th set, Pujol 'sucked' again? 'Cause I saw Toniutti.

• Good luck to Poland tonight! Congratulations to all of us for the victory against Estonia. Tomorrow the dutch referee will make sure we don't go any further. I don't understand how it could be normal 4 matches in a row to have the same referee - Frank Loderus... ?(

Yes, if (and I underline if) you will lose vs Russia it will be because of the referees, sure :huh:

But about having the same referee (but always as first referee?) I agree, 4 time in a row the same one isn't good.

BTW, why the hell they changed the timetable of the quarter in Vienna too???!

I mean, obviously today Czech-Poland is probably the most interesting one, followed by Slovenia and Finland, and Czech is hosting the ECh so is damn right that they'll play in the evening... And if Czech will go to the quarter it's right that they'll play the evening match...

but what is the necessity to exchange giving no reasons tomorrow matches of Italy and Serbia (they'll play respectivily at 16 and at 19, but until yesterday it was the opposite), forcing Finland/Slovenia to play not even 20h later (20.10-->16.00) the last match, while France/(Turkey) will have more than 24h?? (15.30--->19.00)

It's insane!! :down:

• Is Estonia and Turkey both ranking 9 or they'll have another classification according to their perfomance in preliminary round?

• My prediction is that Poland will win 3-1 or more probably 3-2 in a very hard match against the hosts. :win:

As for tomorrow I'm worried not only for Aleksiev's reception, but more for the performance of the libero Ivanov in both defence and reception. If it was Salparov , I would probably have more hope for positive result for us, but unfortunately his ijure lower our chances against team like Russia. May be Stoychev will replace Aleksiev with Skrimov, when Todor goes in second line in order to stabilize our reception, and then he will return him for the playing in first line. He has already tried that strategy a lot of times. Anyway, I'm not really optimistic, but we will see....

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• And compliments to France too.

So far, nothing surprisingly. And speaking about me, I don't know what to expect from the following matches. Probably I won't be too surprise in any case...

• Yes, if (and I underline if) you will lose vs Russia it will be because of the referees, sure :huh:

But about having the same referee (but always as first referee?) I agree, 4 time in a row the same one isn't good.

Hehe, no! It won't be because of the referees, but I am sure he'll make everything in his powers to stop us. Because it happened many times. Anyway, it was our choice and we'll take the consequences whatever they are. Good luck, bulgarian lions! We will support you to the end! :thumbup:

• Maybe, you are right. I hope we get a chance anyway.

I really would like our team to play in WC - it's not only because of the Olympics ticket - I just find the tournament very interesting. But to be honest, I doubt it - they gave us the wild card in 2007 and now my prediction is also Italy, if Poland plays in the big final of ECh.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• Thank God, that France won, because it looked pretty strange...
    I couldn't watch this match, just second half of 4th set, Pujol 'sucked' again? 'Cause I saw Toniutti.

Pujol is suffering from a minor back injury.
    So Toniutti started, but Pujol replaced him in 2nd set when Toniutti was struggling. Even if the team was doing slightly better with Pujol, Toniutti was back in play to begin the 3rd set.

• Yes, if (and I underline if) you will lose vs Russia it will be because of the referees, sure :huh:

You haven't thought the possibility that Russia will win because they will play better? Some of you has begun to seek an alibi in case of Bulgarian defeat :aww: I think Bulgari will win ;) :whistle:

• You haven't thought the possibility that Russia will win because they will play better? Some of you has begun to seek an alibi in case of Bulgarian defeat :aww: I think Bulgari will win ;)

Ehy, I was sarcastic!!! :lol: My one was a sarcastic comment to what peshot said (I underlined it in the first quote now).

So, your comment was like mine, we are completly agree ;)

• I really would like our team to play in WC - it's not only because of the Olympics ticket - I just find the tournament very interesting. But to be honest, I doubt it - they gave us the wild card in 2007 and now my prediction is also Italy, if Poland plays in the big final of ECh.

But why are you discussiong about it now? May be Italy won't need a wild card, who knows :P

That's my huuuge hopeeee!!! :cheesy:

• Kubiak out before first technical time, my God... :pinch:

Referees... Second time!

Thanks god, Ruciak save the situation!
    But fairly speaking, Poland win the first set owing to opponents' errors. What they did really great is to concentrate, they seized every oppotunities. They should keep this condition till the end.